The Ruben Semedo Transfer Thread - NOT HAPPENING BOYS

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

The Ruben Semedo Transfer Thread - NOT HAPPENING BOYS

Post by Heisen » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:12 am

Looking increasingly likely according to Pete Graves. Mods can you transfer over the relevant posts from the transfer discussion thread?

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: The Ruben Semedo Transfer Thread

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:01 am

Heisen wrote:Semedo will be a cracking signing but I hope if he needs some time to adjust the fans don't absolutely pillar him.
The fans will absolutely s*** on when his first mistake (of which there'll be a few, he's human) leads to us conceding. It's my major pet peeve about our fans.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:35 am

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Heisen wrote:Semedo will be a cracking signing but I hope if he needs some time to adjust the fans don't absolutely pillar him.
The fans will absolutely s*** on when his first mistake (of which there'll be a few, he's human) leads to us conceding. It's my major pet peeve about our fans.
For a few years, after I became more aware of our fans, I've been thinking that this might be the main reason so many talented players fall through in our club.

It seems like if you don't score loads of goals you will be hammered by the majority of fans.

Could this really be it though? Could the main reason of so many failed signings be that the fans go rampage on a player, usually the foreigners because they (logically enough), would need more time to adapt to English football?!

Of course, there would (should) be other factors to this than that alone, but this has been going on for years now...

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:41 am

Look at Thauvin. Barely even played yet pilloried by a good proportion of our fans, and he even had the cushion of a fantastic debut in the cup. Then Riviere and Luuk Dr Hong, played as lone strikers in some of the least creative sides we've ever had but immediately written off because when they actually got a half chance every three games they didn't put it away. We (and probably lots of other clubs these days) have an awful lot of fans both at the game and watching streams that have a very basic understanding of how football actually works.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:47 am

**** . Fans have nothing to do if a player sinks or swims . It's got more to do with acclimatisation to Premiership and fitting into a team .
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:59 am

Colly wrote:Look at Thauvin.
To be fair he didn't help himself with the tux saga, and the fact he hates being in England and being in an English club. Honestly his agent must've just seen dollar signs and pressured him to sign.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:03 am

Holystone... wrote:**** . Fans have nothing to do if a player sinks or swims . It's got more to do with acclimatisation to Premiership and fitting into a team .
Nothing? If you come to a foreign country, barely speaks the language (or not), and you get hammered by the first minute you fail at something, you need a mental strength well above average to rebound.

And it is logical that a foregin player would need more acclimatisation to adapt, isn't it? Still they seem to get the same amount of stick just as quick as a english player would...

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:16 am

ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
To be fair he didn't help himself with the tux saga, and the fact he hates being in England and being in an English club. Honestly his agent must've just seen dollar signs and pressured him to sign.
When Mbemba did it he was hailed as a legend and people even said it should be a thing that the players did for bonding reasons, then Thauvin does it and he's some villainous sweetheart.

Also I can honestly say I've never once heard Thauvin say he hates England and English clubs?

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:19 am

Colly wrote:Look at Thauvin. Barely even played yet pilloried by a good proportion of our fans, and he even had the cushion of a fantastic debut in the cup. Then Riviere and Luuk Dr Hong, played as lone strikers in some of the least creative sides we've ever had but immediately written off because when they actually got a half chance every three games they didn't put it away. We (and probably lots of other clubs these days) have an awful lot of fans both at the game and watching streams that have a very basic understanding of how football actually works.

<applause> well said.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:22 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
When Mbemba did it he was hailed as a legend and people even said it should be a thing that the players did for bonding reasons, then Thauvin does it and he's some villainous sweetheart.

Also I can honestly say I've never once heard Thauvin say he hates England and English clubs?
This, and yes neither have I, seems a bizarre statement to make.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:42 am

Yeah it's the fans fault players don't make it here. Haha.

Ps didn't Thauvin try and fake an injury ?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 am

Toondes wrote:Yeah it's the fans fault players don't make it here. Haha.

I've never once seen any evidence that he did, never seen anyone officially say he did, I see it as pub talk as an excuse to hate on him.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:49 am

It's a combination of mentality and fans. You can't dismiss either as not having an impact on how a player settles, especially a young player moving to the North East from a foreign country. It is a huge change. They need the mental strength and support to settle in, and backing from the fans and realisation that not everyone will settle instantly. I'm sure if any of us moved overseas and people were hammering us for every single mistake (of which there will always be mistakes) then it would affect all of us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:41 pm

This.

Also I have no respect for anyone who fakes injury to come off. That day down Watford in the cup was a very dark day from the club as a whole but particularly Thauvin.

Riviera and Luuk Dr Jong (well gone I know) I'd have given another chance but not Thauvin. He was a Grade A bellend. Glad we are rid of him.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:45 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Toondes wrote:Yeah it's the fans fault players don't make it here. Haha.

I've never once seen any evidence that he did, never seen anyone officially say he did, I see it as pub talk as an excuse to hate on him.
Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but i thought he went down during a game pretending to be injured ?
I don't hate him btw, I just don't think he was suited to us.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Toondes wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:
Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but i thought he went down during a game pretending to be injured ?
He did. Watford away in the third round of the FA cup.

Anyone who was at that game has every right to dislike him. His conduct was beyond disgraceful.

I've seen many cunts not put in 100% for us but he was beyond that on that day. Appalling conduct and he can have no complaints for how he was treated by our fans. He deserved what he got and more.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:17 pm

TJR wrote:
Toondes wrote: Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but i thought he went down during a game pretending to be injured ?
He did. Watford away in the third round of the FA cup.

Anyone who was at that game has every right to dislike him. His conduct was beyond disgraceful.

I've seen many cunts not put in 100% for us but he was beyond that on that day. Appalling conduct and he can have no complaints for how he was treated by our fans. He deserved what he got and more.
How do you know he feigned injury? ive never seen anyone put forward factual information, just opinion that he faked it

Footyfan

Post by Footyfan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Well said Holystone , if they are good they get praise, if they are s*** they will get hammered! Come on man you can't defend s*** players who get paid a fortune!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Footyfan wrote:Well said Holystone , if they are good they get praise, if they are s*** they will get hammered! Come on man you can't defend s*** players who get paid a fortune!
Yeah because earning lots of money means that you're immune to stress, expectations and worry. Should have realised that really.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:41 pm

This has to be one of the worst player transfer threads ever. 18 posts and we're not even talking about him! <laugh>