No
58%

Total votes: 52

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Chinese Consortium interested in buying NUFC

Post by Oval85 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Holystone... wrote:If the consortium do buy , then I'd get 69 on the back . That's chicken with black bean sauce down at my local takeaway . <wave>
69 on the back... hmm... chicken at local takeaway... Is the chicken hot? <scratch>

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Sooooo... Shall we try another vote now?

And you was scared that the Chinese's can load off Rafa. Well it's actually ahsley. The shock.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm

Tbf at the time of the first vote it sounded like Rafa would have significant funds to spend.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:20 pm

There was hopes. But as we probably understand with 10 years under ashley (in any means) hopes are false. So this was inevitable.

Soon or later ashley f*** the things up. ALWAYS. Period.

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Circumstances changed to what we were told and knew, then again it's happened to us before but we always we fall for it <urgh>

Praying and hoping some rich billionaire c*nt or consortium buy us between now and January :(

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Mag_Laad wrote:Circumstances changed to what we were told and knew, then again it's happened to us before but we always we fall for it <urgh>

Praying and hoping some rich billionaire c*nt or consortium buy us between now and January :(
All we need is that secret royal family of a kingdom that has been hiding who despite their riches has shown no interest (and has no experience with) in football to come out of the wordwork and buy us.

That wasn't directed at you, but my point to these stories is that there are only a handful of uber-rich people in the world with the willingness to lose billions of dollars on a football club, and the sense necessary to hire the right people to successfully implement the plan to achieve it. That's going to continue to get harder as tv money is pumped into the game and the gap between the Chelseas and the Bournemouths close and force the super rich clubs to spent an outrageous amount more to sway clubs to sell their irreplaceable talent.

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Mag_Laad wrote:Circumstances changed to what we were told and knew, then again it's happened to us before but we always we fall for it <urgh>

All we need is that secret royal family of a kingdom that has been hiding who despite their riches has shown no interest (and has no experience with) in football to come out of the wordwork and buy us.

That wasn't directed at you, but my point to these stories is that there are only a handful of uber-rich people in the world with the willingness to lose billions of dollars on a football club, and the sense necessary to hire the right people to successfully implement the plan to achieve it. That's going to continue to get harder as tv money is pumped into the game and the gap between the Chelseas and the Bournemouths close and force the super rich clubs to spent an outrageous amount more to sway clubs to sell their irreplaceable talent.
Not aimed at me, yet you quoted my comment. Why didn't you just reply on the thread then you daft tw4t haha <laugh>
Last edited by Mag_Laad on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 pm

It was still a reply to you, he's just saying you're not the only one mentioning the billionaire angel investor.

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Colly wrote:It was still a reply to you, he's just saying you're not the only one mentioning the billionaire angel investor.
Mag_Laad wrote:Aww ffs! I've been quite happy with the pudding Ashley for the past year, I actually don't want him to leave. Imagine what it would do to Rafa and the stability we have <neg>
Mag_Laad wrote:
TJR wrote:I'm content as we are under Ashley.

Never thought I'd say this a couple of years ago but I reckon Ashley is currently a decent owner for us. We are doing well on and off the pitch and the future looks very bright. He's got it spot on by getting Benitez in and giving him greater control than any previous manager.

Any sale would at the very least rock the boat in the short term. Sure there is a chance the future might start looking even brighter but there is also a real possibility everything could go t*** up.
Top post! <applause>

I remember when Ashley took over and everyone thought we were gonna go on to get back into the top 4, win trophies and buy superstars. 2 relegations later...

Not really optimistic with Chinese ownership tbh due to Villa, Wolves within in England, Inter has had 8 different managers since the Chinese took over them in 2013. It doesn't bode well with me at all.
If you read me previous posts in this thread I was content as it is, I do have a canny few brain cells I can rub together you know doesn't take a genius to realise Colo's post Colly. Just a complete pointless reply he's wrote tbh as anyone who's slightly clued up with any common sense would know.

I've changed my tune though and would love nothing other than that fat ba5tard to leave, I know it is wishful thinking though.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:30 am

This board would descend fairly quickly into lunacy if we outlawed the common sense posts.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Mag_Laad wrote:
Colly wrote:It was still a reply to you, he's just saying you're not the only one mentioning the billionaire angel investor.
Mag_Laad wrote:Aww ffs! I've been quite happy with the pudding Ashley for the past year, I actually don't want him to leave. Imagine what it would do to Rafa and the stability we have <neg>
Mag_Laad wrote: Top post! <applause>

I remember when Ashley took over and everyone thought we were gonna go on to get back into the top 4, win trophies and buy superstars. 2 relegations later...

Not really optimistic with Chinese ownership tbh due to Villa, Wolves within in England, Inter has had 8 different managers since the Chinese took over them in 2013. It doesn't bode well with me at all.
If you read me previous posts in this thread I was content as it is, I do have a canny few brain cells I can rub together you know doesn't take a genius to realise Colo's post Colly. Just a complete pointless reply he's wrote tbh as anyone who's slightly clued up with any common sense would know.

I've changed my tune though and would love nothing other than that fat ba5tard to leave, I know it is wishful thinking though.
Alright, next time I'll leave out that disclaimer so you take it extra f***ing personally and think I'm directing it solely at you and ignoring other people making the same point.

And **** that it's common sense and everyone recognizes there's only a handful of super rich people willing and able to successfully elevate a football club to one of the top in the world in today's market, considering right now on nearly every football forum in the country bar Chelsea, Man U and Man City some fans are likely complaining that they need a richer owner who will blindly plow billions of dollars into their club. Way too many people overestimate the number of prospective buyers that exist that will represent what PSG and City have done. Maybe you don't aspire to that when wanting a new owner, but I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence by having to specify that wasn't directed solely at you either.

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Mag_Laad wrote:

Alright, next time I'll leave out that disclaimer so you take it extra f***ing personally and think I'm directing it solely at you and ignoring other people making the same point.

And **** that it's common sense and everyone recognizes there's only a handful of super rich people willing and able to successfully elevate a football club to one of the top in the world in today's market, considering right now on nearly every football forum in the country bar Chelsea, Man U and Man City some fans are likely complaining that they need a richer owner who will blindly plow billions of dollars into their club. Way too many people overestimate the number of prospective buyers that exist that will represent what PSG and City have done. Maybe you don't aspire to that when wanting a new owner, but I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence by having to specify that wasn't directed solely at you either.
It was a real smart ar5e and condescending post no matter who it was too, just don't even bother next time ya absoloute plank. They not have proper people skills over in Canada?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:13 pm

What the fu8k is this shi7e about?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 pm

I think someone needs to chill the f*** out

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:11 pm

If I could be arsed I'd find that Buzzcocks "Wew, ructions" meme and post it.

But I can't, so I won't.

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:25 am

Aldridge Prior wrote:If I could be arsed I'd find that Buzzcocks "Wew, ructions" meme and post it.

But I can't, so I won't.

<laugh>

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:04 am

This is getting weird...

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:42 am

Chinese consortiums investing in overseas football clubs are facing a government crackdown:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... -spending/

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:03 pm

So I'm going to ignore that. My original post was likely the 450th most smart ass one that day, but the fact you somehow got offended because I prefaced the message to reinforce that it wasn't directed only at you, but that it provided a good segway to my point - and that somehow illustrates I have no people skills, and then to make it about Canadians. Nonsense.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:So I'm going to ignore that. My original post was likely the 450th most smart ass one that day, but the fact you somehow got offended because I prefaced the message to reinforce that it wasn't directed only at you, but that it provided a good segway to my point - and that somehow illustrates I have no people skills, and then to make it aboot Canadians. Nonsense.
Fixed.