The Joselu Thread

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Re: The Joselu Thread

Post by Aldridge Prior » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:03 am

beatski wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
You missed out the word "crippling"... If'd we'd continued spending the way we were, we'd be in the Vanarama leagues now.
crippling John Hall? bit harsh
<laugh>

NickKIELCEPoland
Pope's Goalposts

Post by NickKIELCEPoland » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm

His goal against West Ham looked to me, at first glance, like a lucky open goal, but on further inspection it was a fine lob over the foot of a defender. Wouldn't it be great if Joselu turned out to be the next Papiss Cissé, the way Cissé played in 2011-12?

Jordiesu
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Jordiesu » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 am

Been thoroughly impressed with him so far and I just hope he maintains this. Needs to add more goals to his game but they will come. Very good at bringing others into play and dominant in the air.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:00 am

I think he's done well. Yeah he missed a couple of chances but he scored v West Ham and would have scored v Swansea had it not been for a brilliant save from Fabianski. Considering he's still bedding in he's done well.

I just hope that the significant element of our fan base that jump on players if they don't play like Messi straightaway and put away every chance give him time to settle.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:10 am

He's at least getting chances . For years in the Ba/Cisse era I moaned they were left to create their own . At last we have decent options with creative midfielders to keep supplying . The one gripe I have with Mitto is still the lads pace . So long as anyone wearing the strikers jersey is scoring I'm neutral as to who gets the nod.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 am

It's a combination of actual creativity from Ritchie, Atsu and Merino (and Perez is linking up well with them too) and the fact that Joselu is making the right runs. He can win and hold up the ball higher up the pitch than Mitro does, and he gets into far better positions. Obviously he's a few years older so that experience helps, but fingers crossed that's something he can help Mitrovic along with too.

Far cry from having Luuk de Jong, then Riviere and having no idea if they're any good or not since they only got a touch once every game.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 am

He has impressed me, Yes he has missed chances i.e. Stoke game were he should have had a hat-trick but his attitude seems great, he didn't look like he let those misses get to him.

As above posts say he is getting into the right positions and is linking up well with wingers and Perez behind him. As long as he continues that he will score goals I'd say he has set himself a target of perhaps double figures which I think he definitely could.
I'll Hazard a guess

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:23 am

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 94440.html
Joselu has admitted he would settle for another barren 90 minutes against Everton if it meant three Premier League points for sliding Newcastle.

The Spanish striker ended a seven-game wait for a goal dating back to October 1 when he fired the Magpies into a fifth-minute lead over Leicester on Saturday, only to end up empty-handed after a 3-2 defeat on a dramatic and demoralising evening at St James' Park.
Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

NickKIELCEPoland
Pope's Goalposts

Post by NickKIELCEPoland » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Joselu has been dire, but in recent times, he appears to have improved (which is important since Benitez picks him regardless of how good he is). 1 goal and 1 assist in his last 4 starts. Let's hope.

Beware! Christian is running Atsu
Wood's Touch

Post by Beware! Christian is running Atsu » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:55 pm

According to WhoScored Joselu is our third best player this season based on average ratings at 7.00 behind Merino 7.13 and Mbemba 7.01

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Who is their chief statistician, Mrs. Joselu?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

kyletoonfan
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by kyletoonfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:00 pm

I'll say this what do people expect when you pay 5 million pounds for a striker. Unless you hit onto a gem or a lucky one like Riyad Mahrez at Leicester. I think he has done quite well lately his link up play has been pretty good and its not as if he gets many chances we don't create many chances for our strikers.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:53 pm

kyletoonfan wrote:I'll say this what do people expect when you pay 5 million pounds for a striker. Unless you hit onto a gem or a lucky one like Riyad Mahrez at Leicester. I think he has done quite well lately his link up play has been pretty good and its not as if he gets many chances we don't create many chances for our strikers.
It's more the sitters he misses that cost us games from the few chances we get that bothers me.

kyletoonfan
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by kyletoonfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:18 pm

He has missed a few at least he is getting himself in the positions hopefully he will be a little more clinical in the 2nd half of the season.

Beware! Christian is running Atsu
Wood's Touch

Post by Beware! Christian is running Atsu » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:41 pm

I think he has come in for some unfair criticism at times, yes he has missed some chances but he doesn't go missing and he works hard for the team which I think a lot of our fans overlook.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:00 pm

He doesn't really work that hard and his misses have become pretty much inexcusable. Even Gayle has shown to have better hold-up play than him. I was one of the few to give him a chance at the start but he's let us down. Even the few he has scored have had elements of luck.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:55 pm

He's s****.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Heisen wrote:He's s****.
Yup, al this about his hold up play, his positioning etc. none of that matters if he can't put the ball in the net....

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Hjl wrote:
Heisen wrote:He's s****.
Yup, al this about his hold up play, his positioning etc. none of that matters if he can't put the ball in the net....
May as well bring Ranger back. He could hold the ball up better htan Joselu and probably just as likely to score as well.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Luque wrote:
Hjl wrote:
May as well bring Ranger back. He could hold the ball up better htan Joselu and probably just as likely to score as well.
Now now, no reason to be mean.