The Positive Slant

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

The Positive Slant

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Like most I am feeling the frustration between the ideal and the current reality. So maybe a thread about the better side of things might help me to get some balance to my thoughts.
We have some good but not great players who are still knitting into a team and more additions seem to be in the offing given the good news that 3 of our 'unwanted' players are currently in negotiations abroad and at home to get a move out.
West Ham could be a good springboard to kick the season off and with the returning wounded and suspended after that plus 2 or 3 additions then September should be an altogether better month for the club.

Amongst our talent we have plenty of young players who can only get better including Atsu Mitrovic and Murphy. I was at the pre-season game and thought that LeJeune looked absolute quality both at defending and distribution and alongside Clark the centre of defence has improved vastly from the former days of Taylor and Collocini.

Like me on a Saturday night I think all that is lacking now is penetration and surely that will be solved within the next week or so.
Going to the next two games including tonight and so will continue to look for the positives until we turn this slow start around.
Howay The Lads :)

(ps will eventually find something positive to say about Ashley hopefully sooner rather than later as further new additions roll in)
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: The Positive Slant

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Fonda Trevanion wrote:Like most I am feeling the frustration between the ideal and the current reality. So maybe a thread about the better side of things might help me to get some balance to my thoughts.
We have some good but not great players who are still knitting into a team and more additions seem to be in the offing given the good news that 3 of our 'unwanted' players are currently in negotiations abroad and at home to get a move out.
West Ham could be a good springboard to kick the season off and with the returning wounded and suspended after that plus 2 or 3 additions then September should be an altogether better month for the club.

Amongst our talent we have plenty of young players who can only get better including Atsu Mitrovic and Murphy. I was at the pre-season game and thought that LeJeune looked absolute quality both at defending and distribution and alongside Clark the centre of defence has improved vastly from the former days of Taylor and Collocini.

Like me on a Saturday night I think all that is lacking now is penetration and surely that will be solved within the next week or so.
Going to the next two games including tonight and so will continue to look for the positives until we turn this slow start around.
Howay The Lads :)

(ps will eventually find something positive to say about Ashley hopefully sooner rather than later as further new additions roll in)
<perv>

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Keep your chin up mate , someone will penetrate you eventually .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Toondes wrote:Keep your chin up mate , someone will penetrate you eventually .
<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Hopefully with a positive slant :)
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Fonda Trevanion wrote:I was at the pre-season game and thought that LeJeune looked absolute quality both at defending and distribution and alongside Clark the centre of defence has improved vastly from the former days of Taylor and Collocini.
This feels incredibly premature <perv>. Colo made two league teams of the season and was North East football writers player of the year in a year that we actually looked decent. Taylor when fit was a decent partner for him. Clark had a great season last year in the Championship and LeJeune did indeed look decent in preseason (a magical time when Alan Smith scores goals), but let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. I know this is the positive thread but still.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm finding it tough to be positive at the minute . We seem to play the most uninspiring football ever

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Delete these negative posts please.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Toondes wrote:I'm finding it tough to be negative at the minute . We seem to play the most amazing football ever

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Toondes wrote:Keep your chin up mate , someone will penetrate you eventually .
<laugh> <gael> <laugh>

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:18 pm

Please delete this thread ... just got back and have nothing positive whatsoever to say.

Barlaso and Sterry are a pail of sick - typical Beardsley non-entities with neither skill nor pace.
Jacob Murphy is a waste of 10 million and offered nowt and a half
No engine room to compete with the little quick fellas from Forest - everyone looked half-arsed giving Forest acres and backing off.
Jesus is just about looking fully retired pensionable etc. maybe improve with a stick and some Philisan.
Hanley has the turning circle of an artic and trailer

When Diame and Saivet are about the two trying hardest once Aarons had gone off then we're in bigger s*** than a dung beetle in the elephant enclosure.

Wishing we'd stayed in The Percy Arms and watched the racing...

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Fonda Trevanion wrote:Please delete this thread ... just got back and have nothing positive whatsoever to say.

Barlaso and Sterry are a pail of sick - typical Beardsley non-entities with neither skill nor pace.
Jacob Murphy is a waste of 10 million and offered nowt and a half
No engine room to compete with the little quick fellas from Forest - everyone looked half-arsed giving Forest acres and backing off.
Jesus is just about looking fully retired pensionable etc. maybe improve with a stick and some Philisan.
Hanley has the turning circle of an artic and trailer

When Diame and Saivet are about the two trying hardest once Aarons had gone off then we're in bigger s*** than a dung beetle in the elephant enclosure.

Wishing we'd stayed in The Percy Arms and watched the racing...
Mitro and Aarons played well...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:30 am

We don't have to play Chelsea away in the next round, that's positive <diva>

SheepShearer
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by SheepShearer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:45 am

At least the players we're trying to get rid of had a really inspiring game that will drum up interest in their services.....

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:50 am

SheepShearer wrote:At least the players we're trying to get rid of had a really inspiring game that will drum up interest in their services.....
Inspiring is not a word that flew to mind last night and yes Mitro and Aarons are exempt from any criticism. This morning I'm reading were about to spunk 22 mill on a guy with 1 goal and 1 assist last season.... ffs wtf is wrong with this club???????????????????

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:27 am

Wow, the thread of positivity didn't even reach a second page!

Sime11
Wood's Touch

Post by Sime11 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:40 am

do our reserves/youth look better than previous years? hopefully thats a positive

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:56 am

The NFL starts next month. <diva>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:09 am

Just think aswell this time next year we'll be back in the Championship with a nobody manager and will be so thoroughly mediocre the media will finally stop caring about us <awe>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:29 am

TBC wrote:The NFL starts next month. <diva>
F1 is back this weekend <diva>