Gayle for sale?

Should we sell Gayle so we can buy a new striker?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:34 am

Yes, flog him
61%
No, keep him
39%

Total votes: 46

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Re: Gayle for sale?

Post by Mag_Laad » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 pm

ALF wrote:
R&B wrote:This would be one of the most stupidest things ever. To get rid of somebody based on two games one of whom he play with illness and to keep a walking red card... And he to be one of just three strikers most likely.
A walking red card that barely even got booked last year?
<smug>

NilandoGman
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by NilandoGman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:33 pm

When they say Gayle has loft confidence in his body, it also means he's lost confidence full stop, unfortunately. Obviously not all footballers are expected to be infallible, they are, of course, human beings like the rest of us. Some people get promotions at work and instantly realise they're not capable of what it is they're being asked to do. A couple of times in the Spurs game Gayle got himself into interesting positions, I recall one where he blasted it against Lloris/the defender near the post? A part of me thinks if that was last season, he'd have easy took the back of the net out.

Some players just prefer staying at their level. Why do you think Jordan Rhodes and Ross McCormack spend all their time fluttering from club to club in the second tier? They're mentally not ready for the task of the Premiership.

If we can get around £12m for Gayle then I'd accept, say thank you for what you did for the club and shake his hand on the way out. Middlesbrough, Wolves, a few more have the money and all of them wouldn't turn down a 20+ goal a season striker.

Ideal replacement? Tough call. Considering our target men had a nice team over the weekend, why not another and play football a la Pulis? Llorente (hard to imagine I know) or someone of that ilk would be nice. Play a simple game but one that will keep us up and keep us winning games, plenty of crosses into the box and fingers crossed, goals.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:47 pm

ALF wrote:
R&B wrote:This would be one of the most stupidest things ever. To get rid of somebody based on two games one of whom he play with illness and to keep a walking red card... And he to be one of just three strikers most likely.
Let me start with "nothing personal" stuff. You are the guy who will talk about last season stats? The guy who want Gayle to be second choice behind Mitrovic? 4 goals instead of 23? And if wasn't the injuries Gayle will score probably above 30+. If you will use stats about the last season, then I suggesting you to use the important ones and not to twist it how it fits you.

And we talk about Premierleague. If you said that overall Mitrovic have better stats at his first season at the PL than Gayle, I would agree. But this wasn't the case.

In our team there's two walking red cards - Shelvey and Mitrovic. Probably Ritchie too, but obviously he can control his passion, and not turning it to stupidity.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:26 pm

R&B wrote:
ALF wrote:
Let me start with "nothing personal" stuff. You are the guy who will talk about last season stats? The guy who want Gayle to be second choice behind Mitrovic? 4 goals instead of 23? And if wasn't the injuries Gayle will score probably above 30+. If you will use stats about the last season, then I suggesting you to use the important ones and not to twist it how it fits you.

And we talk about Premierleague. If you said that overall Mitrovic have better stats at his first season at the PL than Gayle, I would agree. But this wasn't the case.

In our team there's two walking red cards - Shelvey and Mitrovic. Probably Ritchie too, but obviously he can control his passion, and not turning it to stupidity.
I was just on about discipline. It's a myth that he's a walking red card. He's prone to the odd moment of stupidity more than most are but he's hardly picking up cards each week.

Although even last season, Mitro picked up a goal or assist about every 110 minutes.

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:11 am

ALF wrote:
R&B wrote: Let me start with "nothing personal" stuff. You are the guy who will talk about last season stats? The guy who want Gayle to be second choice behind Mitrovic? 4 goals instead of 23? And if wasn't the injuries Gayle will score probably above 30+. If you will use stats about the last season, then I suggesting you to use the important ones and not to twist it how it fits you.

I was just on about discipline. It's a myth that he's a walking red card. He's prone to the odd moment of stupidity more than most are but he's hardly picking up cards each week.

Although even last season, Mitro picked up a goal or assist about every 110 minutes.
<ha>

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:08 am

ALF wrote:
R&B wrote: Let me start with "nothing personal" stuff. You are the guy who will talk about last season stats? The guy who want Gayle to be second choice behind Mitrovic? 4 goals instead of 23? And if wasn't the injuries Gayle will score probably above 30+. If you will use stats about the last season, then I suggesting you to use the important ones and not to twist it how it fits you.

He's prone to the odd moment of stupidity more than most? Bloody hell <laugh> It's the same thing. You just said by more... sterilized words. To sound more acceptable. And I'm not talking that he's Vinnie Jones or something. But he act really really stupid and as you say, it's more often than the most.

The most easiest example. Just take a look of his last three PL games because we talk about PL games. The two of this season and 5-1 against Tottenham. Just see with what kind of scoreline he have his "odd moment". At time when he must be perfectly calm.

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:09 am

No comings or goings before final day and Gayle sold for 18 million about 2 hrs before deadline no time for a replacement NUFC declare good transfer window...
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:52 pm

[tweet][/tweet]

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:04 pm

I've heard £18m .

Also Hanley having medical at Norwich tomorrow.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:31 pm

All we've heard about a Gayle transfer is our asking price.
Not even ONE club linked?! <scratch>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:49 pm

Oval85 wrote:All we've heard about a Gayle transfer is our asking price.
Understand Leeds have enquired about Dwight Gayle

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:50 pm

He said a club. Not a bunch of pricks.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:51 pm

R&B wrote:He said a club. Not a bunch of pricks.
<laugh>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:54 pm

Just been on the cup commentary that Wolves and Fulham have also been in for him and he prefers Fulham

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Fulham and Wolves, according to BBC Newcastle just now. And French press saying he's going to Fulham for €16m/£15m.

Edit: You beat me TSI <fist>
I had the first custom w***

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Speedo wrote:
Fulham and Wolves, according to BBC Newcastle just now. And French press saying he's going to Fulham for €16m/£15m.

<wave>

Straight swap for Cairney would be nice.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:06 pm

Tsi wrote:
Speedo wrote:

<wave>

Straight swap for Cairney would be nice.
[tweet][/tweet]

Seems the rumours were jumping the gun somewhat.
I had the first custom w***

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 pm

f*** it. Let's sell him and start the party.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Fulham can piss off, thinking they can keep Cairney from us and then sign our striker guaranteeing them promotion <fist>

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Tsi wrote:Just been on the cup commentary that Wolves and Fulham have also been in for him and he prefers Fulham
Would make more sense for him, being from North London himself.

If we get the £20m that's being mooted, I'd be happy with that as long as a replacement is brought in whether on loan (Origi <awe>) or bought (Nee clue).