RAFA Future

Rafa's Future

He Stays getting on with job rejects any other job offers.
57%
Leaves first chance he gets.
41%
Ashley sells and Rafa stays
3%

Total votes: 37

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

RAFA Future

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:48 pm

I really hate making this but...

It seems like it could be only a matter of time before Rafa is gone
I'll Hazard a guess

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: RAFA Future

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:56 pm

There is no sin except stupidity.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:13 pm

If he wants to leave then he should. I’ve heard very little from him in many weeks apart from excuses and I’m annoyed as a fan of being used as collateral by him to re-iterate to the footballing world why he continues in his role. I’m sure £5 million per annum also helps him stay or is it really just he likes hearing us sing his name?

The club was restructured to allow him to be the manager, rather than a coach and many other day to day functions were included in his remit; on his demand.

To that extent, HE identified the targets for this window and it seems that some were simply unattainable through either our lack of funds or the clubs perceived status as a relegation contender; irrespective of how ever Rafa perceives his reputation and thinks players will swoon to play for him.

Let’s also be brutally clear on this. We can always find another manager to oversee our current hoofball tactics. As a ‘tactician’ or whatever he’s labelled as by footballing scribes, we’ve seen nigh on bugger all of this during his tenure so why should we fear losing him?

At the end of the day; Rafa’s s*** stinks too and he has to take some of the blame for the failings.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:18 pm

overseasTOON wrote:If he wants to leave then he should. I’ve heard very little from him in many weeks apart from excuses and I’m annoyed as a fan of being used as collateral by him to re-iterate to the footballing world why he continues in his role. I’m sure £5 million per annum also helps him stay or is it really just he likes hearing us sing his name?

The club was restructured to allow him to be the manager, rather than a coach and many other day to day functions were included in his remit; on his demand.

To that extent, HE identified the targets for this window and it seems that some were simply unattainable through either our lack of funds or the clubs perceived status as a relegation contender; irrespective of how ever Rafa perceives his reputation and thinks players will swoon to play for him.

Let’s also be brutally clear on this. We can always find another manager to oversee our current hoofball tactics. As a ‘tactician’ or whatever he’s labelled as by footballing scribes, we’ve seen nigh on bugger all of this during his tenure so why should we fear losing him?

At the end of the day; Rafa’s s*** stinks too and he has to take some of the blame for the failings.
<applause>

He could go all Gus Poyet and take a massive s*** on the dressing room floor and our fans wouldn't think he'd done anything wrong.

Mag_Laad
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Mag_Laad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:25 pm

What do you mean by the poll? Like what do we want or what will happen? As it's pretty obvious what the majority want and obvious we won't be sold any time soon either

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 pm

ALF wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:At the end of the day; Rafa’s s*** stinks too and he has to take some of the blame for the failings.
<applause>

He could go all Gus Poyet and take a massive s*** on the dressing room floor and our fans wouldn't think he'd done anything wrong.
I knew Alf would be all over this and, whilst I agree that not everything Rafa touches turns to gold (burn him <mob> ) who do people actually expect we'll go for next?

This, whether you want to love Rafa or not, is our best chance of doing anything.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:58 pm

TBC wrote:
ALF wrote:
<applause>

I knew Alf would be all over this and, whilst I agree that not everything Rafa touches turns to gold (burn him <mob> ) who do people actually expect we'll go for next?

This, whether you want to love Rafa or not, is our best chance of doing anything.
It's not our best chance if Rafa is seemingly half hearted about the squad and the season ahead.

He's a manager. He should manage to the best of his ability with what he has or walk away.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:13 pm

One of my fears is though. That, money constraints aside, he brought in Joselu, Lejeune and Manquillo. Spanish players he could work with and develop. We lose Rafa and we bring in a McLaren or Pardew and there's three of our summer signings f***ed. Positive spin - potentially f***ed.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:18 pm

originallad wrote:One of my fears is though. That, money constraints aside, he brought in Joselu, Lejeune and Manquillo. Spanish players he could work with and develop. We lose Rafa and we bring in a McLaren or Pardew and there's three of our summer signings f***ed. Positive spin - potentially f***ed.
So if we'd hired a ginger manager, Colback would be world class?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:33 pm

There's No Shola, Where's the Talent? wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... y-west-ham
Im quite surprised The Guardian published that. It contains no factually based evidence to support the story. Not even one statement or reference to a source. s*** stirring at its best

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Rafa will in all likelihood leave at the end of the season imo regardless of what happens to us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Rafa will in all likelihood leave at the end of the season imo regardless of what happens to us.
I agree.

I honestly think though that he hasn't been truly short changed on promises of having the money to spend but the club was within its rights to ask for the squad to be culled before new signings came in.

Let's not forget that the way we do transfers for incoming players is rather unique in terms that we pay up front rather than stagger the payments.

This recent window wasn't favourable at all to that methodology and we struggled.

Perhaps we may change and follow the industry norm? If we do so than Rafa or whomever takes his role has a great war chest IF we stay up.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Rafa will in all likelihood leave at the end of the season imo regardless of what happens to us.
This.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:44 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
I agree.

I honestly think though that he hasn't been truly short changed on promises of having the money to spend but the club was within its rights to ask for the squad to be culled before new signings came in.

Let's not forget that the way we do transfers for incoming players is rather unique in terms that we pay up front rather than stagger the payments.

This recent window wasn't favourable at all to that methodology and we struggled.

Perhaps we may change and follow the industry norm? If we do so than Rafa or whomever takes his role has a great war chest IF we stay up.
This was the second transfer window in a row that he has felt he hasn't been properly backed though.

None of us know what Ashley promised Benitez in order for him to stay but Rafa was clearly sold on the potential of our club and now feels like that isn't there anymore.

Ashley has tried to run the club like a business for over a decade now and has failed miserably because football clubs aren't like Sports Direct. He should either give Benitez more backing or sell up because what he has been doing and what he is doing isn't working for anyone.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Mifune wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:
I agree.

This was the second transfer window in a row that he has felt he hasn't been properly backed though.

None of us know what Ashley promised Benitez in order for him to stay but Rafa was clearly sold on the potential of our club and now feels like that isn't there anymore.

Ashley has tried to run the club like a business for over a decade now and has failed miserably because football clubs aren't like Sports Direct. He should either give Benitez more backing or sell up because what he has been doing and what he is doing isn't working for anyone.
I'm actually totally agree with him <yikes>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:52 pm

Mifune wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:
I agree.

So Rafa didn't feel he was totally backed in the Championship?

What does he actually want? The moon on a stick?

We were one of the biggest spenders. Yes we recouped a lot of money by selling but by Christ that man was backed to the hilt and beyond and that to some extent has been an issue for this window.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:57 pm

He spent 57million last year on mostly s**** and people are complaining that Ashley won't back him when we've failed to recoup anything on most of them. Could MA have done more? Probably but does the problem lie at his door alone? No.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:58 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mifune wrote:

So Rafa didn't feel he was totally backed in the Championship?

What does he actually want? The moon on a stick?

We were one of the biggest spenders. Yes we recouped a lot of money by selling but by Christ that man was backed to the hilt and beyond and that to some extent has been an issue for this window.
100% <applause>

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 pm

After the consolidation that he make in the last 16 months among the fan base. And after he drop the pressure of michael ars...head... How dare to want backing in the summer after our promotion? The bastard. He could easily work with the fine gentlemen's collecting through the years, wrongly condemned by someone as "deadwood".

michael proves through the years that he have the know how about the football. Along with the highest ambition of course.

Rafa have absolutely no right to be unhappy. michael always keep his promises and Lee proves himself as one of the best in the business.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 pm

R&B wrote:After the consolidation that he make in the last 16 months among the fan base. And after he drop the pressure of michael ars...head... How dare to want backing in the summer after our promotion? The bastard. He could easily work with the fine gentlemen's collecting through the years, wrongly condemned by someone as "deadwood".

michael proves through the years that he have the know how about the football. Along with the highest ambition of course.

Rafa have absolutely no right to be unhappy. michael always keep his promises and Lee proves himself as one of the best in the business.
Sure, he united the fans by staying on after relegation but he also asked a lot of the ownership structure as part of his agreement to remain.

The club did change. The club did back him in his first full season in charge.

He was promised every penny the club makes in profit to bolster the squad but here comes the uncomfortable truth.

The club doesn't make that much profit.

We don't have a huge financial clout. We don't have an endless cheque book.

We came up with a large squad with a decent sized majority who likely won't cut it in the top league and they were on decent wages.

I'm not saying the owner and board are blameless in this. Maybe a few extra million could have been found. Maybe transfer policy could have changed.

By all accounts, this didn't happen and at the end of this window we can see that primary targets identified were missed but the reasoning behind it still hasn't been made public.

Maybe we aren't desirable anymore? Perhaps clubs didnt find our offers of up front cash attractive in the rather strange market.

Blame has to be shared equally though from the board to the manager.

The next step has to be, and this is utterly vital; all in charge move forward and work together.

This negative chatter coming from Rafa will only create issues from the board to the playing squad.