Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

User avatar
R&B
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4200
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 am
Location: Yes.
Contact:

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by R&B » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:17 pm

"You lot should be better runners"

My God! Are the players alright? They must go to a therapist ASAP!
Image

User avatar
Tsi
Japan
Japan
Posts: 11591
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:23 pm

R&B wrote:"You lot should be better runners"

My God! Are the players alright? They must go to a therapist ASAP!
Aimed at everyone then i'd agree but it was aimed at black players which then takes on a whole other meaning added to what else he's been accused of i'm more inclined to think that that comment isn't as harmless as you make it out to be.

User avatar
Bik
Beardsley's Ballbag
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Bik » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Tsi wrote:
R&B wrote:"You lot should be better runners"

My God! Are the players alright? They must go to a therapist ASAP!
Aimed at everyone then i'd agree but it was aimed at black players which then takes on a whole other meaning added to what else he's been accused of i'm more inclined to think that that comment isn't as harmless as you make it out to be.
Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
Do you play footie? I hear all manner of s*** said on a pitch. It doesn’t send me running to mummy.

User avatar
Tsi
Japan
Japan
Posts: 11591
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:49 pm

Bik wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Aimed at everyone then i'd agree but it was aimed at black players which then takes on a whole other meaning added to what else he's been accused of i'm more inclined to think that that comment isn't as harmless as you make it out to be.
Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
Do you play footie? I hear all manner of s*** said on a pitch. It doesn’t send me running to mummy.
Ok let me get this straight so you think what he has allegedly said is perfectly acceptable.

User avatar
Luque
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1326
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Luque » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Tsi wrote:
Bik wrote:
Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
Do you play footie? I hear all manner of s*** said on a pitch. It doesn’t send me running to mummy.
Ok let me get this straight so you think what he has allegedly said is perfectly acceptable.

BUT THE HAIRCUTS AND THE BOOTS!

User avatar
Tsi
Japan
Japan
Posts: 11591
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Luque wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Ok let me get this straight so you think what he has allegedly said is perfectly acceptable.

BUT THE HAIRCUTS AND THE BOOTS!
Don't forget the tatts

Colly
Tunisia
Tunisia
Posts: 4630
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Colly » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Bik wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Aimed at everyone then i'd agree but it was aimed at black players which then takes on a whole other meaning added to what else he's been accused of i'm more inclined to think that that comment isn't as harmless as you make it out to be.
Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
Do you play footie? I hear all manner of s*** said on a pitch. It doesn’t send me running to mummy.
With the exception of "how long has he been coaching?" (too long, plainly) and "do you play footie?" (yes) all we can do is speculate on the answers to your questions. That's why there's an ongoing investigation.

User avatar
Bik
Beardsley's Ballbag
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Bik » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Tsi wrote:
Bik wrote:
Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
Do you play footie? I hear all manner of s*** said on a pitch. It doesn’t send me running to mummy.
Ok let me get this straight so you think what he has allegedly said is perfectly acceptable.
I didn’t say it’s perfectly acceptable. I stated plenty of stuff is said in the heat of the moment. We don’t know the context. We don’t know what was really said - just a person’s recollection. What was it said in reaction to? What axe do these individuals have to grind, if any? And on and on it goes. It’s the usual internet pile on situation where things invariably get blown far out of proportion. Only know in the age of the internet are things apparently always completely black or white.

Colly
Tunisia
Tunisia
Posts: 4630
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Colly » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Bik wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Ok let me get this straight so you think what he has allegedly said is perfectly acceptable.
I didn’t say it’s perfectly acceptable. I stated plenty of stuff is said in the heat of the moment. We don’t know the context. We don’t know what was really said - just a person’s recollection. What was it said in reaction to? What axe do these individuals have to grind, if any? And on and on it goes. It’s the usual internet pile on situation where things invariably get blown far out of proportion. Only know in the age of the internet are things apparently always completely black or white.
I agree in general with the bolded but I don't think it applies to this case. There's a history of allegations against him and an investigation going on at the club. It's not as if he's being trialled by twitter.

User avatar
Tsi
Japan
Japan
Posts: 11591
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Colly wrote:
Bik wrote:
I didn’t say it’s perfectly acceptable. I stated plenty of stuff is said in the heat of the moment. We don’t know the context. We don’t know what was really said - just a person’s recollection. What was it said in reaction to? What axe do these individuals have to grind, if any? And on and on it goes. It’s the usual internet pile on situation where things invariably get blown far out of proportion. Only know in the age of the internet are things apparently always completely black or white.
I agree in general with the bolded but I don't think it applies to this case. There's a history of allegations against him and an investigation going on at the club. It's not as if he's being trialled by twitter.
<applause>

User avatar
R&B
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4200
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 am
Location: Yes.
Contact:

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by R&B » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Well, 26 later I'm still offended by the title "White men can't jump". I'm feeling attacked on racial basis. And I considering a lawsuit!
Image

User avatar
Oval85
Denmark
Denmark
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Oval85 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:20 pm

R&B wrote:Well, 26 later I'm still offended by the title "White men can't jump". I'm feeling attacked on racial basis. And I considering a lawsuit!
I saw Michael Jordan play on the telly long before I came to know that phrase, so I never felt any anger <laugh>

User avatar
Luque
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1326
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Luque » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:27 pm

R&B wrote:Well, 26 later I'm still offended by the title "White men can't jump". I'm feeling attacked on racial basis. And I considering a lawsuit!
But the film is made to break that stereotype...

User avatar
Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman
Posts: 8529
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Monte Darlo

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Bik wrote: Everyone says stupid s*** from time to time. How long has he been coaching these spoilt over sensitive brats? How many supposedly deeply hurtful things has he said? In what context were they said?
Do you play footie? I hear all manner of s*** said on a pitch. It doesn’t send me running to mummy.
The irony! <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

User avatar
Eu estou Colo
Brazil
Brazil
Posts: 8811
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Eu estou Colo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Gee, why would I possibly believe the word of many minority players who said enough for the club to suspend him and undertake an investigation over the word of a privileged, white former professional footballer turned privileged badly performing manager. Now I'm not saying he should be fired without due process, but I'll tend to sympathize with and support the victims until proven otherwise. There's enough smoke to suggest there's a fire.

Now I shouldn't assume the background or life experience of people judging how thick of skin the accusers should have, everyone's tolerance and experience varies. But I don't think it's anyone's place to determine what should offend someone else (at least relating to racial discrimination directed at them), especially when you have no idea how often they have similar racist s*** hurled at them in the rest of their lives. As a straight, white male who has always lived in western countries, I've hardly been discriminated against (but have been), but I can only imagine if I had to deal with as much as people less privileged than me do, I'd rightfully have little patience receiving it from my football manager too.

User avatar
R&B
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4200
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 am
Location: Yes.
Contact:

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by R&B » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:13 pm

Luque wrote:
R&B wrote:Well, 26 later I'm still offended by the title "White men can't jump". I'm feeling attacked on racial basis. And I considering a lawsuit!
But the film is made to break that stereotype...
As I say I'm offended by the TITLE. And at this world full of softies (me included (not sexually!)), the title should be "White man can jump, as we will prove in the next 90 mins". It's more politically correct.
Image

User avatar
Donkey Toon
Argentina
Argentina
Posts: 5926
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

R&B wrote:
Luque wrote:
But the film is made to break that stereotype...
As I say I'm offended by the TITLE. And at this world full of softies (me included (not sexually!)), the title should be "White man can jump, as we will prove in the next 90 mins". It's more politically correct.
<laugh>

Catchy title, although a bit spoilery. Maybe should've gone with "White Men Can't Jump ... Or Can They???"

User avatar
overseasTOON
England
England
Posts: 18843
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
R&B wrote: As I say I'm offended by the TITLE. And at this world full of softies (me included (not sexually!)), the title should be "White man can jump, as we will prove in the next 90 mins". It's more politically correct.
<laugh>

Catchy title, although a bit spoilery. Maybe should've gone with "White Men Can't Jump ... Or Can They???"
The film didn't include enough transgender albinos for me and that's why I'm outraged.

User avatar
R&B
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4200
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 am
Location: Yes.
Contact:

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by R&B » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
R&B wrote: As I say I'm offended by the TITLE. And at this world full of softies (me included (not sexually!)), the title should be "White man can jump, as we will prove in the next 90 mins". It's more politically correct.
<laugh>

Catchy title, although a bit spoilery. Maybe should've gone with "White Men Can't Jump ... Or Can They???"
Absolutely correct. Should have some mystery.
Image

User avatar
Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman
Posts: 8529
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Monte Darlo

Re: Beardsley future Toon gaffer?

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:
<laugh>

Catchy title, although a bit spoilery. Maybe should've gone with "White Men Can't Jump ... Or Can They???"
The film didn't include enough transgender albinos for me and that's why I'm outraged.
Or midgets

Post Reply