Amanda Staveleys PCP Partners formally offer £300m to buy Newcastle

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Newcastle United is officially for sale, Ashley wants deal by Christmas

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:55 pm

£500m over 2 seasons, what a load of bollocks <laugh>

Rafa would never sign HBA in a million years. He wants hard working, disciplined team players. Not petulant pricks. HBA is brilliant on his day but that doesn't happen very often, there's a reason he's been frozen out of pretty much every club he's ever played for.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:22 pm

Gary Neville was talking about Arnautovic on Friday night, saying that the only player allowed to play how he does (just float about occasionally getting involved) is Cristiano Ronaldo, because he'd get you 40 goals a season. Arnautovic doesn't, and neither did Ben Arfa. Looks like Southampton might have one in Boufal too, lot of natural talent, zero footballing brain.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Yeah, Arnautovic has always seemed to be a lazy git that thinks he's better than he is. Just stands there waving his arms around most of the time.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:30 am

I’m not sure we need mega money to make a go of mid table . One common theme I’ve noticed watching teams like Southampton and even Palace is they lack a decent regular numbers striker . Expecting others to chip in ( as we do to be fair ) will only get you so far . To press on and do say an Everton with Lukaku , Leicester with Vardy or a Spurs with Kane in the present climate will be very expensive . I’d even go as far to say we need to get lucky and get a top club loanee who can get regular play time with us and shine . Joselu wasn’t able to get into the Stoke side , whereas we need someone who can’t get into City .
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Amanda and The Arabs

Post by Alfie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 am

And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:18 am

According to the Chronicle Staveley's group signed an NDA 10 days ago rather than Thursday just gone as reported.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:24 am

Just imagine we had £500m to spend and Townsend was still top of our shopping list <laugh>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Re: Amanda and The Arabs

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 am

It's the Express and they haven't linked it to Princess Diana somehow. I call ****.
Kindly deeds done for free!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:27 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:Just imagine we had £500m to spend and Townsend was still top of our shopping list <laugh>
If we spend £500m, we'll get absolutely f***ed by the FA, UEFA and FIFA over the Financial Fair Play rules.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:54 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Just imagine we had £500m to spend and Townsend was still top of our shopping list <laugh>
If we spend £500m, we'll get absolutely f***ed by the FA, UEFA and FIFA over the Financial Fair Play rules.
I'm sure there's ways round it through clever accounting, bogus sponsorship deals and deferring payments.

Not that I think we'd get anywhere near that even if/when the takeover is complete.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:57 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
I'm sure there's ways round it through clever accounting, bogus sponsorship deals and deferring payments.

Not that I think we'd get anywhere near that even if/when the takeover is complete.
Probably not a great idea at the moment <laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:01 am

We are talking around 100m a season tv money and something like 30m a season direct investment from owners, with other avenues of income we are potentially looking to be just short of a £300m maximum over 2 seasons, unless new owners set up the bogus investment companies paying in as "sponsors" and if that's the case don't be surprised at Ashley style renaming and advertising, with the only difference being us actually getting investment for it. Unfortunately that will be the most likely way new owners could inject their wealth into the club and avoid FFP rules.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 am

If PSG can spend £200m on one player and sign another on a season loan with view to £160m then we can spend £100-£250m per transfer window on players.

FFP is dead.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

TBC wrote:If PSG can spend £200m on one player and sign another on a season loan with view to £160m then we can spend £100-£250m per transfer window on players.

FFP is dead.
You know we'd get shafted though.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:33 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
TBC wrote:If PSG can spend £200m on one player and sign another on a season loan with view to £160m then we can spend £100-£250m per transfer window on players.

FFP is dead.
You know we'd get shafted though.
RTG would probably never shut up about it if we did get taken over. Got to be about 800 pages on the whole HMRC case by now. I’m surprised at how many forum members were experts in financial law and have summoned us to be the ‘sacrifcial lamb’ for the FA and HMRC. <laugh>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Holystone... wrote:I’m not sure we need mega money to make a go of mid table . One common theme I’ve noticed watching teams like Southampton and even Palace is they lack a decent regular numbers striker . Expecting others to chip in ( as we do to be fair ) will only get you so far . To press on and do say an Everton with Lukaku , Leicester with Vardy or a Spurs with Kane in the present climate will be very expensive . I’d even go as far to say we need to get lucky and get a top club loanee who can get regular play time with us and shine . Joselu wasn’t able to get into the Stoke side , whereas we need someone who can’t get into City .
E.g. Ian Nacho currently failing to get a game at Leicester?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Ian Nacho haha
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:31 pm

<laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:53 pm

asbo wrote:Does everyone believe Ashley intends to sell the club? Seems like a perfect excuse for him to not spend money in the transfer window. From what I hear Benitez wasn't too happy with the lack of financial backing he received over the summer. Having the club "for sale" would be the perfect way for Ashley to keep Benitez off his back come January, and the prospect off potential investment would be an incentive for Benitez to remain at the club; he'd hate to leave and then see another manager come in with huge amounts of money to spend under a wealthy new owner.
Yes. I believe he wants to sell it, because that's the easiest to make money from the club. He wouldn't go through this giant dog and pony show with his lawyer, the media, etc. just to get Rafa off his back. If he wanted Rafa off his back, he'd fire him. Not to mention Rafa would obviously know if Ashley wasn't actually trying to sell the club - all of England would know in no time. I get that Ashley hasn't done a lot to build trust, but I think when he puts the club up for sale it's the most transparent and honest thing he does as owner.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm

£500m <laugh> total s****
I dunno