Amanda Staveleys PCP Partners formally offer £300m to buy Newcastle

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Newcastle United is officially for sale, Ashley wants deal by Christmas

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Duke wrote:£500m <laugh> total s****
Right? I'd hope a new owner would have more sense than to spend more on players in 2 windows than they do to own the club. It's insane to think that a real plan.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:34 pm

I just used an inflation calculator to work out what we payed for shearer in today's money.... £27 million. Lol Spurs payed more than that for Sissoko!

With the inflation in football over the last few years it has got to collapse sooner or later. If we can survive with minimal investment we might end up stronger once the market collapses and we aren't in huge debt with severely devalued assets.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Hjl wrote:I just used an inflation calculator to work out what we payed for shearer in today's money.... £27 million. Lol Spurs payed more than that for Sissoko!

With the inflation in football over the last few years it has got to collapse sooner or later. If we can survive with minimal investment we might end up stronger once the market collapses and we aren't in huge debt with severely devalued assets.
Not sure how any of the owners of the clubs who have spent hand over first for years now could sell them to a new owner, what with debts and crazy player contracts on the books. I mean, maybe none of them are going anywhere soon but the economy could change and they'll wish they hadn't spent billions on a football club.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:54 pm

[tweet][/tweet]

<laugh>

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:04 am

<laugh> <applause>
Love that!

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:39 am

There's a lot of talk that she's had a bid for Liverpool turned down <scratch>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:28 am

I've heard that after tiresome negotiations with Ashley, Amanda Staveley and her PCP capital partners are off....
SpoilerShow
...To Alain Ducasse's Dorchester for duck foie gras, salmon en croute and some langoustine caviar.

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 am

biggeordiedave wrote:There's a lot of talk that she's had a bid for Liverpool turned down <scratch>.
The Liverpool talk has been strongly denied as a made up story in today's press. Due diligence is our biggest enemy god knows what fat Mike and his entourage have been hiding in the cellar over ten years.
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:09 am

Yeah that particular Liverpool story isn't new either, I remember reading it a couple of weeks ago.

Surely due diligence can take as long or as quick as you make it? A team of accountants/lawyers could scan through everything in no more than a week?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:08 am

TBC wrote:Yeah that particular Liverpool story isn't new either, I remember reading it a couple of weeks ago.

Surely due diligence can take as long or as quick as you make it? A team of accountants/lawyers could scan through everything in no more than a week?
sometimes its not just reading, its going out to find collaborating evidence, interviewing people etc. Rushing it is a bad idea imo (ask Ashley)
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 am

From Mark Douglas:

Had an interesting lunch this week with a journalist from the National in Dubai (the source of the latest Staveley/PCP Partners takeover talk). The National was formerly owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family (through its Abu Dhabi Media arm) so their contacts in the Emirati business world are pretty much spot on. An important point: they would not be chasing this story if there wasn't some fairly sizeable interest from some big players in Newcastle United.

The £300m price tag PCP/Staveley have put on NUFC suggests there is work to be done on a price but the word from the Gulf is that there is confidence and belief that a deal can be done - as well as a real resolve to tap into the potential of Newcastle United. So far, so exciting for Newcastle fans.

What we don't know yet is: where the money for the bid is coming from (Staveley most likely doesn't have £600m disposable income - or the willingness to invest that kind of money in Newcastle) or quite where Mike Ashley's head is at with it.

Another point (and one I'll be expanding on in a piece over the weekend) the Premier League have rules and regulations surrounding takeovers. If any bid is imminent, the PL would have to be informed as they have several checks that need to happen (and can take weeks or even months to go through). So far, the Premier League haven't been contacted.

But feeling pretty confident that we're moving towards the situation where a Newcastle United takeover feels more likely than not before the New Year window.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:55 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
TBC wrote:Yeah that particular Liverpool story isn't new either, I remember reading it a couple of weeks ago.

sometimes its not just reading, its going out to find collaborating evidence, interviewing people etc. Rushing it is a bad idea imo (ask Ashley)
People are going to have to show some patience when it comes to this. Business deals worth hundreds of millions of pounds (with a lifetime cost of maybe a billion pounds) are no small matters and any reasonable group would take a lot of time to do their due diligence and make a decision. If people are hoping it all to happen in a matter of weeks, they're going to be sorely disappointed, and hopefully won't get too cynical or suspicious of the whole ordeal.

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
People are going to have to show some patience when it comes to this. Business deals worth hundreds of millions of pounds (with a lifetime cost of maybe a billion pounds) are no small matters and any reasonable group would take a lot of time to do their due diligence and make a decision. If people are hoping it all to happen in a matter of weeks, they're going to be sorely disappointed, and hopefully won't get too cynical or suspicious of the whole ordeal.

Yea I get all that but....

<divax>
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Ah. The infamous FA ‘Fit and Proper’ test.

Do you or have you ever had a pulse and do you know what product a fish knife is used for?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Fonda Trevanion wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:There's a lot of talk that she's had a bid for Liverpool turned down <scratch>.
The Liverpool talk has been strongly denied as a made up story in today's press. Due diligence is our biggest enemy god knows what fat Mike and his entourage have been hiding in the cellar over ten years.
To be fair to Fat Mike, the one thing he’s done properly is get the club running as a functioning, money making business. Unless we’ve signed away all merchandising to Sports Direct a la Rangers (admittedly, that’s entirely possible) I’d be surprised if there’s anything too bad hidden away.
I had the first custom w***

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:23 pm

It'll turn out the playing staff have all been signed to Mike Ashley Player Holdings Ltd, and will become his personal valets upon conclusion of the club's sale.

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Speedo wrote:
Fonda Trevanion wrote:
To be fair to Fat Mike, the one thing he’s done properly is get the club running as a functioning, money making business. Unless we’ve signed away all merchandising to Sports Direct a la Rangers (admittedly, that’s entirely possible) I’d be surprised if there’s anything too bad hidden away.
So I presume it will be revealed just how much the completely separate company of Sports Direct have paid to our 'company' for the 10 years of advertising including stadium renaming etc. plus we have been on tv bedecked in SD advertising hundreds of times. He is indeed a fat lying t*** who has bled us dry and robbed the club of a lot more than he has ever given us. Hate the cronut with a vengeance and will party the day he fucks off.

Supported since 65 and never been so angry at times since this man has been in charge. He will make a handsome profit but won't ever be remembered as someone who progressed this club. Two relegations is his legacy total cronut imo.
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

Preston327
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Preston327 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 am

Haven't been following too carefully but the idea of being the next in line to get an Arab sugar-daddy is enticing. Expect with the HMRC s*** brewing Ashley will be keen to wash his hands of the affair whilst his asset still has value and he still stands a chance to make a profit off it (not that I expect the sound and fury on that will come to a whole lot, but looking at it from his POV) but we shall see.
So I presume it will be revealed just how much the completely separate company of Sports Direct have paid to our 'company' for the 10 years of advertising including stadium renaming etc. plus we have been on tv bedecked in SD advertising hundreds of times.
This is the only major skeleton popping up that I could foresee, beyond the aforementioned s*** which is already public/common knowledge. If it turns out he's been using the club as a slush-fund for the Sports Direct Empire, there goes whatever esteem he retains on Tyneside after this is done.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:15 am

I just hope Colback is shown in the books as a liability rather than an asset!

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:11 am

UlversToon wrote:I just hope Colback is shown in the books as a liability rather than an asset!
Keep him for now, he probably knocks £10m off the clubs value.