Re: Match thread - NUFC v Palace

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Its good to be an underdog. People underestimate you

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:34 pm

And it's more fun as a football fan if you actually believe your team will win from time to time. And if you're not hopeful of beating a promotion team, you're likely never hopeful.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:And it's more fun as a football fan if you actually believe your team will win from time to time. And if you're not hopeful of beating a promotion team, you're likely never hopeful.
For sure, be hopeful but that's not the same as thinking you should thrash some just because they're newly promoted.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote:And it's more fun as a football fan if you actually believe your team will win from time to time. And if you're not hopeful of beating a promotion team, you're likely never hopeful.
For sure, be hopeful but that's not the same as thinking you should thrash some just because they're newly promoted.
No, definitely not. But I do think people get too worked up over comments they see opposing fans make on forums or social media. Every club has big mouthed fans that are over confident or exaggerate their real feelings. I guess I just see the point in having a chip on my shoulder about fans who might be underestimating the football club I like or to develop too many stereotypes about opposing clubs based on the more extreme representations I see online or at a pub.

Then again, I'm getting worked up about people getting worked up... <ski>