Match day thread - NUFC v BHA

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v BHA

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Worst performance I may have ever seen. Up their with some fair garbage under Carver and McLaren.

Not a single player I rate, their all just slightly more/less s*** than one another.

So sad our standards as a club have fallen so low.

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Wins for Bournemouth and Swansea as well. Terrible day for us.
<monster>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Rafa needs to give himself a talking to. That took setting up not to lose to a whole new level.

I never usually justify booing at football matches but that was deserved today. The amount of times we were just happy to play the ball back to Darlow, or slow down our own counter attacks, or quite simply just not even bother to attack, was staggering. So, so dull and negative. I defend Rafa to the hilt when it comes to player quality but not when his tactics are as shocking as that.

Might be one of the worst performances I've seen us post, without exaggeration.

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Paul Dummett's Right Foot wrote:Worst performance I may have ever seen. Up their with some fair garbage under Carver and McLaren.

Not a single player I rate, their all just slightly more/less s*** than one another.

So sad our standards as a club have fallen so low.
Try telling Leeds fans that! <erk>
There is no sin except stupidity.

Footyfan

Post by Footyfan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:57 pm

I’m saying f... all this time! I’ve said it all before!

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:58 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:Absolutely **** some of our fans
Why what’s happened
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Something seriously toxic throughout this club. Buying a striker in January really isn't going to keep us up.

This is the first time I'm seriously questioning what the hell Rafa is up to here.
Last edited by Mbemba You're a Womble on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Heisen wrote:Rafa needs to give himself a talking to. That took setting up not to lose to a whole new level.

I never usually justify booing at football matches but that was deserved today. The amount of times we were just happy to play the ball back to Darlow, or slow down our own counter attacks, or quite simply just not even bother to attack, was staggering. So, so dull and negative. I defend Rafa to the hilt when it comes to player quality but not when his tactics are as shocking as that.

<ok>

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:00 pm

We could move up 1 place if Man Utd batter Soton. <divaxmas>

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Heisen wrote:Rafa needs to give himself a talking to. That took setting up not to lose to a whole new level.

<applause>

Went to watch Watford away in the FA cup season we went down. Performance was awful, but application was shocking.

Could see in person players didn't give a toss, and heads were gone. Elliot and de Jong on the day were only people who looked like they cared, with them visibly calling out teammates around them for being cowards. That was worse performance I'd seen up to today.

You can win playing any type or style of football, but that requires a certain level of application.
Last edited by Mbemba You're a Womble on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Serious question, if you hate our owners, slag off all managers, slag off the players season upon season then why do you bother supporting us, and I use support lightly as a lot of you in no way shape or form reflect supporters, you essentially watch or listen to a match, it's getting to the point every post certain people make its always negative, never anything positive, you open a transfer thread and people are bitching that nothing will happen, bitching if something happens it will be a s*** player or underwhelming, match threads are negative from the moment they are made, team comes out and there is always some bitching about a player even if there is no cover actually available, then you have those bitching about how the selection is the same crap as though we have another 20 quality options to put in their place.

Negativity and being generally toxic has become an addiction for some and really makes this place a chore to visit sometimes.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Serious question, if you hate our owners, slag off all managers, slag off the players season upon season then why do you bother supporting us, and I use support lightly as a lot of you in no way shape or form reflect supporters, you essentially watch or listen to a match, it's getting to the point every post certain people make its always negative, never anything positive, you open a transfer thread and people are bitching that nothing will happen, bitching if something happens it will be a s*** player or underwhelming, match threads are negative from the moment they are made, team comes out and there is always some bitching about a player even if there is no cover actually available, then you have those bitching about how the selection is the same crap as though we have another 20 quality options to put in their place.

Negativity and being generally toxic has become an addiction for some and really makes this place a chore to visit sometimes.
We've just ground out a draw to Brighton at home with an absolutely abject performance. We've lost more games than we've won after a disappointing transfer window, therefore by law of averages negativity will be on show more than positivity. We've suffered two relegations in ten years and have generally muddled through season after season, with one catastrophe always seemingly around the corner.

Please find some positives from that as I'm desperate to find them at this stage?
Last edited by Heisen on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Here come the 'negativity' police after we fail to win a must win, vital game. (feels like a loss)

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Serious question, if you hate our owners, slag off all managers, slag off the players season upon season then why do you bother supporting us, and I use support lightly as a lot of you in no way shape or form reflect supporters, you essentially watch or listen to a match, it's getting to the point every post certain people make its always negative, never anything positive, you open a transfer thread and people are bitching that nothing will happen, bitching if something happens it will be a s*** player or underwhelming, match threads are negative from the moment they are made, team comes out and there is always some bitching about a player even if there is no cover actually available, then you have those bitching about how the selection is the same crap as though we have another 20 quality options to put in their place.

The perceived negativity you are seeing across the forum is a fair and reasonable reflection as to what happens each week on the pitch first and for all. Beyond that, it's also a fair response to how supporters see how their club being run.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:15 pm

Seriously though, Literally the only thing to be positive about right now is that we aren't in the bottom three. There is zero else to be positive about.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Are we back in bottom 3 now ?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:18 pm

I suppose this comes down the the observation that Colly (I think) made on a previous thread about everything being black and white in terms of views. Whilst I agree that abject negativity doesn't help at all it's also a little harsh to have a go at people who post negative (often instinctive) comments about a performance based on their disappointment. Maybe some people just show their care for the club in different ways.

There is also something to be said about what football has become. From sport I basically want to be entertained. As much affection I have for the club I would still like to be entertained by a game that I spend a lot of my hard earned money going to watch. Sky have a lot to answer for in creating these polarised views, stereotypical observations and lazy, divisive tripe about clubs and we buy into it.

Edit: i'd also add that the connection with players is lost so it's far easier to have throwaway reactions to performances rather than sticking with them when they underperform. It's nothing to do with them being Geordies or any of that nepotisitic bollocks, it's about them having a connection to the club as we as fans do. I can't imagine any of the players at our club now will be that arsed if we drop as they will easily move on. It's the transient nature of modern football.

Mbemba You're a Womble
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Mbemba You're a Womble » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:25 pm

We created more against Man City, and looked more dangerous there. They also looked more likely to score than Brighton. Brighton played their part in the game itself being a poor spectacle, but it's up to us as a home side to have some balls and courage to go and win the game.

Hoofing balls all game up to a static front two is an inexcusable game plan Rafa and a redundant tactical approach - even if your trying to stay up. Beyond that players still need to actually give the minimum levels of application to try and get something working on the pitch.

The side lacks any leadership at all. Too many players were happy to see things going wrong, but not do anything to try and change it themselves. Even simple things like sprinting to get the ball from a throw in, or running to close down a player creates knock-on effects around the side. But didn't even see that, let alone the reactions needed.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:40 pm

This is my first post this season and for the last part of last season - the reason I stopped is because every time I stressed my opinion on here and it wasn't 100% positive - I had to justify own opinion.

To quote you - I don't 'bother to support' Newcastle, I support them because I was born there, grew up there and my parents and most of my family still live there - i'm proud of being a Geordie and a Newcastle supporter yet the only people who question my support these days are other Newcastle fans.

Brighton have taken 4 out of 6 points from us this season, the players have no ability, confidence or game plan, they know it, our opponents know it and I'm fed up with having to justify why I'm not still hanging on about the 'rafalution'

Footyfan

Post by Footyfan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:50 pm

gawalls ‘Here Here’ , well said !