ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Loan Watch

Post by ALF » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Slim999 wrote:Mitrovic off the mark- 1 goal in 2 games

Be a real pisser If he goes on to score 10 between now and close season
Apparently he was very good the game prior to their last too, even tho be didn't score.
Sessegnon has scored today off a rebound from a Mitrovic shot.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:01 pm

And Mitro has just scored a great goal.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Mitro has scored now. Playing well.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Mitro can kick a ball.

What can Joselu do?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Luque wrote:Mitro can kick a ball.

What can Joselu do?
Tricky one. Can I have three guesses?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Mitro awarded MotM and deservedly so.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that his exclusion by Rafa is not down to footballing ability but some sort of break down in professional relationship. Mitro is clearly better than Gayle, Joselu or Perez.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:Mitro awarded MotM and deservedly so.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that his exclusion by Rafa is not down to footballing ability but some sort of break down in professional relationship. Mitro is clearly better than Gayle, Joselu or Perez.
This I've been certain of for a long time. It's obvious it's more of a personal thing than anything football related.
Mitro is a hothead, but Shelvey is that as well and is 3-4 years older. It's a shame that this player, a serbian striker who just coincidently became a supporter of Newcastle because they had the same shirts as his own team Partizan, is squized out by his manager when he clearly could have made the difference this season. Instead we have signed a injured striker on loan.

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:57 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:Mitro awarded MotM and deservedly so.

This I've been certain of for a long time. It's obvious it's more of a personal thing than anything football related.
Mitro is a hothead, but Shelvey is that as well and is 3-4 years older. It's a shame that this player, a serbian striker who just coincidently became a supporter of Newcastle because they had the same shirts as his own team Partizan, is squized out by his manager when he clearly could have made the difference this season. Instead we have signed a injured striker on loan.
I've said this before but Rafa gave him a chance in a cup game I think in the champo season after he served his ban for the ridiculously stupid red card vs Tottenham and he had to be hauled off at half time to stop himself getting sent off, its not rocket science as to why Mitro has been frozen out.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 pm

Graw wrote:
Oval85 wrote: This I've been certain of for a long time. It's obvious it's more of a personal thing than anything football related.
I've said this before but Rafa gave him a chance in a cup game I think in the champo season after he served his ban for the ridiculously stupid red card vs Tottenham and he had to be hauled off at half time to stop himself getting sent off, its not rocket science as to why Mitro has been frozen out.
Newcastle v. Cheltenham. - Mitrovic subbed off after 38 minutes with a head injury.
Newcastle v. Wolves. - Mitrovic unused subsitute.
Newcastle v. Preston. - Mitrovic, full match, two goals, one yellow card.
Newcastle v. Hull. - Mitrovic not in squad.

Newcastle v. Birmingham. - Mitrovic carried off injured after 10 minutes.
Newcastle v. Birmingham. - Mitrovic not in squad.
Newcastle v. Oxford. - Mitrovic played full 90 minutes.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:22 pm

Graw wrote:
Oval85 wrote: This I've been certain of for a long time. It's obvious it's more of a personal thing than anything football related.
Okay, it really doesn't matter what incident made the bowl full. My point is that this is not the right way to handle a wild youngster, who in fact could have made a difference by now. It's obvious that man management is not Rafa's strong side. Probably just me still having a weak spot for the way Sir Bobby handled his disciples <awe>

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Luque wrote:
Graw wrote:
Newcastle v. Cheltenham. - Mitrovic subbed off after 38 minutes with a head injury.

I looked it up it wasnt a cup game it was 1-0 vs Wolves, my mistake but the point still stands

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:53 pm

I think the issue for me is that if we could afford to freeze him out, fair enough, but we spent 3 months where we could barely buy a goal let alone a win. Would it really have been that much of a risk to put him in for one or two? The worst thing that could've happened is another violent conduct charge and a 3 match ban, which from Rafa's point of view is surely a win/win as he'd no longer have to find a reason not to pick him for those 3 games anyway...

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Graw wrote:
Luque wrote:

I looked it up it wasnt a cup game it was 1-0 vs Wolves, my mistake but the point still stands
1-0 win? Who scored the winner?

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:07 pm

ALF wrote:
Graw wrote:
Lucky that he was still on the pitch at that point though.

Hes a liabilty, end of. I like him alot as well, hes got a fire inside him he just cant utilise it properly like a Diego Costa for example.. hes also quite thick to put it bluntly and doesnt defend well from the front in the way that Joselu does (Not that he does it WELL either but he does it better than Mitro and has a better understanding of the way we set up in that regard)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:12 pm

ALF wrote:
Graw wrote:
<ha>

I've always found that example weird anyway. There are plenty of times other players are taken off while on a yellow, or should be taken off while playing recklessly on a yellow, but aren't. But because he wasn't sent off for the entirety of last season, people use him being subbed off while on a yellow as another example of having no discipline. He deserves criticism for the times he's been sent off, but it's an unfairly hard standard to hold him accountable for getting a yellow that day (one of only 3 all season). And yes, I do remember the challenge he put on the keeper while on the yellow.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Graw wrote:
ALF wrote:
Lucky that he was still on the pitch at that point though.

Hes a liabilty, end of. I like him alot as well, hes got a fire inside him he just cant utilise it properly like a Diego Costa for example.. hes also quite thick to put it bluntly and doesnt defend well from the front in the way that Joselu does (Not that he does it WELL either but he does it better than Mitro and has a better understanding of the way we set up in that regard)
With all due respect, besides Rafa's decision to play Joselu, I've seen no firm evidence of that.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 am

Barlaser recalled from Crewe

Dan Barlaser returned to Tyneside to pull on a Newcastle United shirt and helped them pick up their form with a 3-0 win over Colchester United.

The midfielder - who United have high hopes for - has been on loan at Crewe Alexandra but has been restricted to just 58 minutes of action with the League Two side.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 am

Successful loan <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Loan update:

Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)
A full 90 minutes and his first half shot was parried before Sessegnon knocked in the rebound. Mitro then netted a low shot from the edge of the box after the break.

Jack Colback (Nottingham Forest)
Full game, 5-2 win over QPR.

Lewis McNall, Callum Williams (Gateshead)

Williams unused, McNall came off the subs bench in the 89th minute in a 3-3 FA Trophy Quarter Final match against Leyton Orient.

Alex Gilliead (Bradford City)
Played full match in a 1-0 loss to Plymouth.

Sean Longstaff (Blackpool)
Not in squad.

Ivan Toney (Scunthorpe United)
Injured.

Adam Armstrong (Blackburn Rovers)
No goal but an assist in a 2-1 win over Walsall.A lot of people say he's found his level I think it's more a case of Mowbray understanding the lad and using him correctly.
It's no coincidence that Armstrongs' best loan spells have both been under Mowbray.

Stuart Findlay (Kilmarnock)
played the full match in a 2-2 home draw with Hibernian.

Kyle Cameron (Queen of the South)
Unused sub in a 0-0 home draw with Dunfermline Athletic.

Dan Barlaser, Jamie Sterry (Crewe Alexandra)
Sterry played the full game in a 4-1 win v Lincoln City.
Barlaser was again a unused sub which resulted in the club recalling him from his loan.

Sunday

Rolando Aarons (Hellas Verona)
Unused sub in a 2-1 win over Torino

Freddie Woodman (Aberdeen)
Played the full 90 mins in a 0-2 defeat to Celtic.

Henri Saivet (Sivasspor)
Started in a 0-1 loss at Goztepe, subbed at half time.

Matz Sels (Anderlecht)
Played the full match in a 5-3 win over Royal Excel Mouscron.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Tsi wrote:It's no coincidence that Armstrongs' best loan spells have both been under Mowbray
Flip side of that argument is that it's no coincidence that his best loan spells have been in League One...

Barnsley started well but wasn't sustained.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?