Violent clashes (again) with Spartak Moscow fans

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Violent clashes (again) with Spartak Moscow fans

Post by daib0 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 am

from the BBC:

A police officer has died in Spain after violent clashes erupted between rival fans before Athletic Bilbao's home Europa League match against Spartak Moscow at San Mames. The officer from the Ertzaintza - the Basque Country's police force - suffered a heart attack.

More than 500 officers were deployed for the tie and reports say at least five arrests were made. Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has condemned Thursday's violence. The police officer, who was named locally as 51-year-old Inocencio Alonso Garcia, collapsed while intervening in street clashes involving Russian "ultras" from Spartak Moscow.

Footage of the clashes showed supporters aiming fireworks at each other on the streets.

More: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43164001

-------------------------------------------------------------

Should clubs like Spartak receive European competition bans, like the English had to suffer in the 70/80s?

Do you fear for the world cup, with Russian fans who know every street of Moscow, and who can carry out guerilla-type tactics?

Seems that EUFA lack teeth totally ...

Thoughts?
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Violent clashes (again) with Spartak Moscow fans

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:11 pm

A lot of Russian fans are a disgrace and should be dealt with. Good luck to anyone stupid enough to go to Russia this summer.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Imagine if it was English fans... be a lot more media backlash for sure.

Why anyone would want to go to Russia for the World Cup is beyond me.... especially England fans. It's well known they have hooligan training camps and specifically target English and other British fans due to the reputation we had in the 70s/80s.

They shouldn't even be hosting the f***er in the first place.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:11 am

Their fans have been training harder than the national team apparently. Attacks are carefully planned probably already. Kremlin backed hooligans against the west. FIFA are preparing excuses for them.
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 am

These are not your normal hooligan either. These are well trained, young men in hundreds, and they do whatever they've been told.

It's more mafia than anything else. They will get recruited, some of them 12 year olds, and they don't understand what they are getting into.
Since the early 2000, many of the "clans" have had their own gyms with actual boxing coaches.

The rivalry between the gangs are very high, especially with local gangs, but even they will have peace when an arrangement like this happens. Scary stuff.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 am

Calling it right now - there’ll be next to no fan trouble at the World Cup.

The police will be all over it. In fact, I can see them causing those travelling more bother than opposing fans.

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:41 am

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:Calling it right now - there’ll be next to no fan trouble at the World Cup.

The police will be all over it. In fact, I can see them causing those travelling more bother than opposing fans.
Not agreed!!

Admittedly the Bilbao lot weren't afraid and went for the Spartak fans -

But ... what can you expect at the WC when Russia has high-ranking officials like Igor Lebedev -

The Guardian
Moscow football official to violent fans: well done lads, keep it up!
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... keep-it-up
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:Calling it right now - there’ll be next to no fan trouble at the World Cup.

I really hope you're right but I doubt it.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:48 pm

Russia won't let it get out of hand on russian soil when all the worlds eyes are on them, they will crack down heavily on Russian hooligans this summer, the firm's will be too scared of the repercussions too I think.

Dorty
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Dorty » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:36 am

Only time will tell. Will the Russian authorities clamp down given it is in their own back yard (debatable)? Will the Russian mobs be up for it...almost certainly so...in which case it would be incredibly difficult to stop everything. Indeed, will the Russian authorities turn a blind eye to certain fans of certain countries being attacked? I think this could be the case. In the bad old days of hooliganism in this country it was somewhat unwise to go to away games unless you were mob-handed. The only way I would go to Russia to follow England would be with 100 of my 'fellow' supporters <safety in numbers>

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Russia won't let it get out of hand on russian soil when all the worlds eyes are on them, they will crack down heavily on Russian hooligans this summer, the firm's will be too scared of the repercussions too I think.
This. The trouble only ever seems to happen when Russian fans travel away. I think Marseille in 2016 was a one-off and you could see it was completely unexpected by French police as they had no idea how to handle it all.

There's always something when a major tournament is held in a non-western nation. They said the exact same things about Poland-Ukraine, as well as hyping up South Africa and Brazil for their high levels of violent crime.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 am

daib0 wrote:from the BBC:

A police officer has died in Spain after violent clashes erupted between rival fans before Athletic Bilbao's home Europa League match against Spartak Moscow at San Mames. The officer from the Ertzaintza - the Basque Country's police force - suffered a heart attack.

More than 500 officers were deployed for the tie and reports say at least five arrests were made. Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has condemned Thursday's violence. The police officer, who was named locally as 51-year-old Inocencio Alonso Garcia, collapsed while intervening in street clashes involving Russian "ultras" from Spartak Moscow.

Footage of the clashes showed supporters aiming fireworks at each other on the streets.

Should clubs like Spartak receive European competition bans, like the English had to suffer in the 70/80s?

Do you fear for the world cup, with Russian fans who know every street of Moscow, and who can carry out guerilla-type tactics?

Thoughts?
It would be nice read something about "Herri Norte"... They started the clashes. <whistle>

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster

Post by daib0 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
daib0 wrote:from the BBC:

Thoughts?
It would be nice read something about "Herri Norte"... They started the clashes. <whistle>
that's what I said in my last post...

Dorty
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Dorty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Well if the Russians are brazen enough to attack someone with a nerve agent, in public, in another country they will certainly think
nothing of giving England fans a good kicking in Russia this summer. And that order will come from the hierarchy himself, Putin. All part of his bullying and rubbing England's nose in it.

Do not be in any doubt, any England fan who goes to the Finals this summer will be at risk. Is it worth it, you may ask yourself?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Dorty wrote:Well if the Russians are brazen enough to attack someone with a nerve agent, in public, in another country they will certainly think
nothing of giving England fans a good kicking in Russia this summer. And that order will come from the hierarchy himself, Putin. All part of his bullying and rubbing England's nose in it.

Do not be in any doubt, any England fan who goes to the Finals this summer will be at risk. Is it worth it, you may ask yourself?
I'm by no means a Russia defender, the very opposite actually. But I believe the theories that suggest the state is going to crack down on it for the World Cup, because as much as they love antagonizing the world, they also like pretending to be upstanding global citizens, and to go on with their secret hacking and everything else they need to place nice when the world is watching them.

Dorty
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Dorty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Dorty wrote:Well if the Russians are brazen enough to attack someone with a nerve agent, in public, in another country they will certainly think

I'm by no means a Russia defender, the very opposite actually. But I believe the theories that suggest the state is going to crack down on it for the World Cup, because as much as they love antagonizing the world, they also like pretending to be upstanding global citizens, and to go on with their secret hacking and everything else they need to place nice when the world is watching them.
Oh I do believe they will crack down on in it general. But I also think they will have a little something arranged for the England fans and the heirarchy could quite easily turn a blind eye to it. Putin, I suspect, would love that.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Dorty wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: I'm by no means a Russia defender, the very opposite actually. But I believe the theories that suggest the state is going to crack down on it for the World Cup, because as much as they love antagonizing the world, they also like pretending to be upstanding global citizens, and to go on with their secret hacking and everything else they need to place nice when the world is watching them.
Oh I do believe they will crack down on in it general. But I also think they will have a little something arranged for the England fans and the heirarchy could quite easily turn a blind eye to it. Putin, I suspect, would love that.
Let's hope not. But despite what I said, I still wouldn't want to go to the World Cup there anyway - for a host of reasons.

Albert's Chip Shop
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Albert's Chip Shop » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 am

Russians are above the law in every sense of the word.
Originally Posted by Somebodys pinched my sombrero......
Later in the interview, Santon confirmed that, indeed, he has never seen a mackem in Milan

nufc4life wrote:
They do have there own BRAND as I put it ha ah ha , let's put it this way I didn't lick her gash just emptied my sack and made my excuses ha ha

Fonda Trevanion
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Albert's Chip Shop wrote:Russians are above the law in every sense of the word.
Especially on their home turf. If anything happens you know already who will be blamed. Couldn't pay me enough to go out there.
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>