NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 am

Could we not just go and get Gareth McAuley as an emergency defender?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 am

It's not like they are being sold from under rafas feet, he's the one who doesn't think they are good enough.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

The Sun (i know)

Reporting 6m fee agreed for Federico Fernandez
I'll Hazard a guess

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:36 pm

I can’t f***ing believe are going to end this window without signing a left back.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:44 pm

TBC wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:36 pm
I can’t f***ing believe are going to end this window without signing a left back.
French media links to Jorge from Monaco (on loan of course)
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Brazilian youth international. Wouldn't that present the same issues as Marlon?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:05 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm
Brazilian youth international. Wouldn't that present the same issues as Marlon?
I believe he may have a Portuguese (EU) passport so should be qualify
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:12 pm

I'd say worst case scenario now is that Lazaar is going to be used as left back replacement
I'll Hazard a guess

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Luque wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 am
Could we not just go and get Gareth McAuley as an emergency defender?
you really REALLY don't want to do that.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:15 pm

An unpopular opinion I’m sure, but I think we’ve had a good window given the circumstances. Squad is better off than it was last season. Only really disappointed about losing Merino given lack of options in midfield.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 pm

jpg wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:15 pm
An unpopular opinion I’m sure, but I think we’ve had a good window given the circumstances. Squad is better off than it was last season. Only really disappointed about losing Merino given lack of options in midfield.
I agree. I dont get involved with the mass hysteria but I still think we needed another striker , left back at no10. Having kenedy for a full season is a bonus though and we aren’t any weaker than we were last season.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

jpg wrote:
I'd maybe agree the squad is better, at least better than the start of last season. But the circumstances were avoidable/inexcusable considering last year's excuses that because they didn't sell players, they couldn't buy their replacements (sold off plenty - some like Mitro for good money), and that they needed a year of PL money (where did that all go?).

I've been an apologist for a while now, willing to give the benefit of the doubt. But it's become glaringly clear that there's no interest from the front office to get better - but instead do the bare minimum until the club is sold (and they don't seem proactive right now about achieving that).

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:21 pm

And I'd add, I'm more nervous this year because I've actually thought a number of clubs have done some good business this summer - wherein last year I didn't think much was done by the teams in the bottom half.

gotcoffee
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by gotcoffee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:26 pm

jpg wrote:
Don't think you're too far off the mark, just so uninspiring .. we've taken a baby step to improvement whereas the likes of Fulham, West Ham and Wolves have taken bold, exciting strides ..

Whether it works out for them, or they pull a QPR and an expensively assembled squad just doesn't gel and drops, is yet to be seen. Its not the disaster it could've been, but in the same breath, not the incentive needed to keep Rafa either.
ERROR you are not allowed to use images of Shola without his consent
Image Removed Automagically

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Spending money doesn’t necessarily mean success though , look at QPR , West Ham etc . I’m not really worried about any of the lower half teams if I’m honest , not really heard of many of theses players being signed (probably my ignorance). After all , bang average players go for £10m plus these days .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:36 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm
I'd maybe agree the squad is better, at least better than the start of last season. But the circumstances were avoidable/inexcusable considering last year's excuses that because they didn't sell players, they couldn't buy their replacements (sold off plenty - some like Mitro for good money), and that they needed a year of PL money (where did that all go?).

I've been an apologist for a while now, willing to give the benefit of the doubt. But it's become glaringly clear that there's no interest from the front office to get better - but instead do the bare minimum until the club is sold (and they don't seem proactive right now about achieving that).
This, and welcome to the dark side.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:41 pm

It hasn't been a "nightmare scenario" but underwhelming is definitely the word. We have upgraded. But we really needed a LB, AM and another FW. Rafa wheeled and dealed to the best of his abilities - and Christ knows who we would have ended up with (if anyone), with the like of Pardew, McLaren et al at the helm with the same restrictions. A little bit of cash injection could have filled at least 2 of those 3 positions and id be in pretty high spirits about the coming season if that had happened. As it is I'm hoping Rafa's professionalism and tactical nouse and our team's dedication and determination can see us through to a comfortable season without real fear of relegation. Because I think that's all we can hope for. But if nothing changes with regards to transfer policy by the end of the season, we all know Rafa is gone.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Fulham are financially stronger than us.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:49 pm

originallad wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:41 pm
It hasn't been a "nightmare scenario" but underwhelming is definitely the word. We have upgraded. But we really needed a LB, AM and another FW. Rafa wheeled and dealed to the best of his abilities - and Christ knows who we would have ended up with (if anyone), with the like of Pardew, McLaren et al at the helm with the same restrictions. A little bit of cash injection could have filled at least 2 of those 3 positions and id be in pretty high spirits about the coming season if that had happened. As it is I'm hoping Rafa's professionalism and tactical nouse and our team's dedication and determination can see us through to a comfortable season without real fear of relegation. Because I think that's all we can hope for. But if nothing changes with regards to transfer policy by the end of the season, we all know Rafa is gone.
Exactly. I guess I'd hoped this summer would be different than last and give me some hope that there's interest from those in charge to improve. But for a second year in a row it's been clear there's no desire or interest in achieving anything. And that's so disheartening when it seemed like the club was positioned well to kick on this season.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:54 pm

every window is the same because you all keep going back and supporting the running of the business.

ashley sees the club as a business not a football club. the support the team not the regime rabble cause this s***.

until the business side of newcastle is impacted, he will continue to own the club.

sort it out.