NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:48 am

More Bas Dost news, talk from Portugal is that himself and few other of the players are trying to get their contracts anulled after training ground incident, so perhaps he may be available on a free
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:47 am

The issue with getting someone like Bas Dost on a free would be that he'd instantly be made our highest earner by some distance given the type of contract his agent would demand (as there's no transfer fee). Can't see that going down too well in the squad and could create friction.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:54 am

Crazy Ibrahimovic Hotdog wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:21 pm
How does our recruitment work these days? Does Rafa have final say on transfers, as he's seemed to indicate in the past that Charnley has to sign off. And what role does Stevie Nicks play? It sounds like Dubravka and Kenedy especially were Rafa targets, but genuinely curious as to how it all works these days. Back in the Pardew/Carr regime it was clear that the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing.

As for potentially having to replace Lascelles, does anyone have any realistic suggestions? He's more than just a capeable defender, as others have mentioned. He's a leader and he makes the entire side better when he's involved. Closest I could think of would be Shawcross, who I think a few years ago would have been a class signing. Not sure if the same player is still there though, and I don't think he'd leave Stoke at this point. Will boss the championship next season. Maybe worth looking at fourth choice CB's from the bigger sides. Chambers or maybe Smalling or someone. Mangala from City would likely be avaliable, but he's not very good.
I was in the local Harvester the other day and overheard Steve and Kenedy chatting. Steve told Kenedy "You can go your own way but if you do you're never going back (to Newcastle) again. Kenedy said "Oh well. I'll come back If you say you love me because I need your love so bad" to which Nicks replied "I'm a man of the world and some of your football had me hypnotised and I'm so afraid that with the world turning your head elsewhere, you'll just go." to which Kenedy said "Oh Daddy Hold me" and Steve just said "I don't want to know"

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:54 am

OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:54 am

I was in the local Harvester the other day and overheard Steve and Kenedy chatting. Steve told Kenedy "You can go your own way but if you do you're never going back (to Newcastle) again. Kenedy said "Oh well. I'll come back If you say you love me because I need your love so bad" to which Nicks replied "I'm a man of the world and some of your football had me hypnotised and I'm so afraid that with the world turning your head elsewhere, you'll just go." to which Kenedy said "Oh Daddy Hold me" and Steve just said "I don't want to know"
Did Kenedy then wander out into the street like a albatross while Steve went in the other direction looking for love or was that just rumours. <whistle>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:56 pm
Haha I did wonder if that would be noticed. Always looked at Steve Nickson's name and made that connection myself. Being again linked to Skrtel, and I hope that it's more because of the obvious Benitez link rather than as a serious transfer target. Would not want to see him come in as a Lascelles replacement.
I didn't get the sense that he'd be a starter replacement, but rather a veteran depth signing who might be willing to ride the pine with a PL salary at the end of his career.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:47 am
The issue with getting someone like Bas Dost on a free would be that he'd instantly be made our highest earner by some distance given the type of contract his agent would demand (as there's no transfer fee). Can't see that going down too well in the squad and could create friction.
Fair concern, but I'd tell one of our other strikers to score more goals and then maybe they can consider asking for a raise.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 pm
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:56 pm
Haha I did wonder if that would be noticed. Always looked at Steve Nickson's name and made that connection myself. Being again linked to Skrtel, and I hope that it's more because of the obvious Benitez link rather than as a serious transfer target. Would not want to see him come in as a Lascelles replacement.
I didn't get the sense that he'd be a starter replacement, but rather a veteran depth signing who might be willing to ride the pine with a PL salary at the end of his career.
Maybe that'd be true, but I still don't want him. Not sure what he could add to us really
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:56 pm
Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:47 am
Fair concern, but I'd tell one of our other strikers to score more goals and then maybe they can consider asking for a raise.
Which would be a fair response! Although Lascelles could turn round and say he plays an equally essential role at the other end of the pitch (and is captain) so should get the same wage as Bas dost (in theory). Then Shelvey says 'i pull the strings' in midfield so should also be getting more. And then Manquillo says "s***, I'll be getting a pay cut".
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm
Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Maybe that'd be true, but I still don't want him. Not sure what he could add to us really
We're totally on the same page about that. Years ago, sure, but not at this point.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm
Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Which would be a fair response! Although Lascelles could turn round and say he plays an equally essential role at the other end of the pitch (and is captain) so should get the same wage as Bas dost (in theory). Then Shelvey says 'i pull the strings' in midfield so should also be getting more. And then Manquillo says "s***, I'll be getting a pay cut".
Oh I know! And that's why you can't go down that slippery slope (and they probably won't). I really just wanted to make a joke at the expense of our anemic forwards.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:47 pm
Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Oh I know! And that's why you can't go down that slippery slope (and they probably won't). I really just wanted to make a joke at the expense of our anemic forwards.
its not fun to make light of the stupid <wah>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Jon Flanagan leaving Liverpool on a free. Would anyone take him to offer cover at fullback? Basically to replace Gamez/Haidara/Manquillo. He was highly rated a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure he can play either side.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:01 pm
Jon Flanagan leaving Liverpool on a free. Would anyone take him to offer cover at fullback? Basically to replace Gamez/Haidara/Manquillo. He was highly rated a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure he can play either side.
Wasn't he arrested for beating up his girlfriend? If so he can f*** off.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:05 am

He'll be perfect for the unwashed tho.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:40 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 pm
Wasn't he arrested for beating up his girlfriend? If so he can **** off.
Yep, he can indeed f*** off.

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Nope but I’d take Emre Can....
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:24 pm

According to the daily mail we're looking at getting Rashford on loan <laugh> also the Skrtel rumours picking up pace again.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Break your fingers off for Rashford on loan, somehow can't see that happen. Forgot about all that stuff with Flanagan, he can f*** off then.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:19 pm

I really hope we don't get Skrtel.

I'm pretty happy with our defence as is tbh, we need a LB and a RB but apart from that we're pretty solid.

Are we just preparing for Lascelles moving on?
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:18 pm
Break your fingers off for Rashford on loan, somehow can't see that happen.
I have a feeling he’s going to have a good WC which would rule any unlikely move out anyway.