NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Beat spurs at weekend and everyone calms down <awe>

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:35 pm
Calms down yes, forget no. This season is gonna be like the long goodbye, arguably for both Rafa AND Lascelles.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm

TBC wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:35 pm
Calms down yes, forget no. This season is gonna be like the long goodbye, arguably for both Rafa AND Lascelles.
Meh was here before them, I'll be here after them.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm
TBC wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Meh was here before them, I'll be here after them.
Same, mental.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Yup.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Luque wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:54 pm
every window is the same because you all keep going back and supporting the running of the business.

ashley sees the club as a business not a football club. the support the team not the regime rabble cause this s***.

until the business side of newcastle is impacted, he will continue to own the club.

sort it out.
Genuine question, which premiership club - bar the clubs just promoted (and even then...) - have owners that treat their club wearing their heart on their sleeve? Really care and want to invest and see them do well. I'd say zero. It's toys, toys with a means to make money, or just purely business. In our case just purely business. And as lots of fans have always said, that's why he'll always spend on a shoe string.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:21 pm

* loan out
+ transfer out

We're gonna win the league.

<dotheameobi>

Beware! Christian is running Atsu
Wood's Touch

Post by Beware! Christian is running Atsu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Good transfer window everyone! £20 million in profit it will go nicely with the £123 million we got from finishing 10th plus TV money last season in Ashley's bank account.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:21 pm

* loan out
+ transfer out

We're gonna win the league.

<dotheameobi>
Is Longstaff a more attack minded midfielder? I've not seen him play or much about him really. Also, I didn't realise Lazaar was transferred out? Thought he was kept as emergency cover.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

gotcoffee
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by gotcoffee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm

I know it's Merson, but when you see it all in one place like this we really haven't done that badly. Take some of the massive numbers out and we're on par with 60% of the other teams .. let's get to playing

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... s-expelled
ERROR you are not allowed to use images of Shola without his consent
Image Removed Automagically

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:01 pm

I've heard from a source that will remain unnamed that Ashley is extremely close to selling up. Said source was also ITK about Rafa coming in.

That information in the context of the sort of signings we've made this window makes a lot of sense in my opinion.
REQUIEM

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:03 pm

gotcoffee wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm
I know it's Merson, but when you see it all in one place like this we really haven't done that badly. Take some of the massive numbers out and we're on par with 60% of the other teams .. let's get to playing

I'm sure it's a good article, and I'm going to read through it all shortly. I like this kind of thing. But something sticks out to me just with the first team:

But he's had to buy experience, we're not in a position where Arsene Wenger can buy 17 or 18-year-old talent and hope they're good in five years.

I might be misreading it, he probably means gone are the days under Wenger where we could do that etc, but just from the way it's worded it sounds more like football expert and former Arsenal player Paul Merson doesn't know who the manager is <laugh> Tickled me up.

Edit: He then goes on to compare football to tennis.

gotcoffee
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by gotcoffee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:16 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:03 pm
gotcoffee wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm

I'm sure it's a good article, and I'm going to read through it all shortly. I like this kind of thing. But something sticks out to me just with the first team:

But he's had to buy experience, we're not in a position where Arsene Wenger can buy 17 or 18-year-old talent and hope they're good in five years.

I might be misreading it, he probably means gone are the days under Wenger where we could do that etc, but just from the way it's worded it sounds more like football expert and former Arsenal player Paul Merson doesn't know who the manager is <laugh> Tickled me up.

<laugh> I'm obviously not underwriting Merse's ability to write sensibly ..
ERROR you are not allowed to use images of Shola without his consent
Image Removed Automagically

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Ramone wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:01 pm
I've heard from a source that will remain unnamed that Ashley is extremely close to selling up. Said source was also ITK about Rafa coming in.

That information in the context of the sort of signings we've made this window makes a lot of sense in my opinion.
It's lassassinblanc isn't it <fist>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:35 pm

gotcoffee wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:16 pm
CIH wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:03 pm

<laugh> I'm obviously not underwriting Merse's ability to write sensibly ..
Still making my way through it. He also reckons Everton signed Joel Robles on a free from Real Betis. (Other way around).

Edit: Also under major in's for Fulham, doesn't list Mitrovic - yet mentions him by name. Obviously he's not done all the work here, but even so. Sky need better interns.
Last edited by Valentino's fast feet on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm
Ramone wrote:

Indykalia on twitter is one of those ITK's that throw s*** to the wall and see what sticks. They called Rafa to replace Pardew. So was technically right, just not on the time frame. Not followed it for a while, but that's the kind of account I would expect to say stuff like this. Hugely speculative, but if it's right looks like a genius.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:45 pm

That Merson report was an interesting read. Wasn't a good read because by his own admission he doesn't know what he's talking about. The amount of times he said something along the lines of 'I've never heard of the players but" was astounding. Supposedly a football expert. You'd think they'd at least do a bit of research before producing something like this. He gave us a B+ anyway.
SpoilerShow
Newcastle: B+

Major ins: Martin Dubravka (Sparta Prague, undisclosed), Kenedy (Chelsea, loan), Yoshinori Muto (Mainz, undisclosed), Salomon Rondon (West Brom, loan), Fabian Schar (Deportivo, £3m), Ki Sung-yueng (Swansea, free), Federico Fernandez (Swansea, £6m)

Major outs: Adam Armstrong (Blackburn, £1.75m), Jack Colback (Nottingham Forest, loan), Chancel Mbemba (Schalke, undisclosed), Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad, undisclosed), Matz Sels (Strasbourg, £3.5m)

MERSE SAYS: I like Kenedy, I thought he did really well last year. I don't mind Salomon Rondon, I know they let Dwight Gayle and Mitrovic go, but if they can get him going, he's a handful. I don't know much about a couple of the other players, but keeping Kenedy on loan is a big deal for them, he was one of their best players last season. People are worried about Newcastle, but I'm not worried about them. I think they'll be alright.
Edit: Just realised that says Mbemba to Schalke. f*** sake sky <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Ramone wrote:

I'll believe it when it happens. But I completely agree, it would make a world of sense.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Ramone wrote:

<mob>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:

<mob>
Bandwagon! <mob>