NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 am

Don Sholeone wrote:I'd rate Lascelles in this market at around £35-40m.
It's hard to say what he's 'worth'. Maguire went to Leicester for something like £15m which seemed fair enough, but then Keane went to Everton for £30m! I'd say anything around £30-£35m would be reasonable in this market, not that I want to sell him...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed May 23, 2018 12:03 pm

He’s worth more to us than he is to Chelsea/Liverpool. Doubtful we’d get over £20m for him tbh
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Sime11
Wood's Touch

Post by Sime11 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Put something astronomical on him (lascelles) 50-60 mill.... tell the other clubs to back the fk off!!!!

His leadership is invaluable to us !

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed May 23, 2018 12:13 pm

Linked with Italy midfielder Sturaro
# stolen from nufc.com :)

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Wed May 23, 2018 12:16 pm

Sime11 wrote:Put something astronomical on him (lascelles) 50-60 mill.... tell the other clubs to back the fk off!!!!

His leadership is invaluable to us !
50 is moderate in this market
75 mil and one pound

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu May 24, 2018 10:35 am

Toondes wrote:Linked with Italy midfielder Sturaro
Decent player, can play in an advanced or deeper role. Will definitely be looking for a move as Juve have far too much depth in those positions.
REQUIEM

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu May 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Media in Belgium report Newcastle have now offered a 'bargain' double deal to Anderlecht.
Anderlecht were very close to completing the permanent transfer of Matz Sels.
The keeper having impressed on loan and seen as a cornerstone of the club’s attempts to get back to winning the domestic title and qualifying for the Champions League.
Now HLN over in Belgium report that their information is that Newcastle United have offered them the opportunity to take Chancel Mbemba back in a ‘bargain’ double deal with Sels.
They say that Newcastle have told them that if the defender is added into any deal they they can have both for around 8m euros (approx £7m).

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Seems a bit cheap.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu May 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Both for 7m? That's not cheap it's a f***ing steal. I still maintain that Mbemba is a premier league quality defender, and I'm pretty sure we paid more than that for him alone in the first place. Sels being about 5m. Makes sense to take a loss on him, because he's clearly not up to it for us. Mbemba is unfancied but flogging him for effectively peanuts in this day and age is ridiculous.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 24, 2018 1:27 pm

CIH wrote:Both for 7m? That's not cheap it's a f***ing steal. I still maintain that Mbemba is a premier league quality defender, and I'm pretty sure we paid more than that for him alone in the first place. Sels being about 5m. Makes sense to take a loss on him, because he's clearly not up to it for us. Mbemba is unfancied but flogging him for effectively peanuts in this day and age is ridiculous.
Agree about Mbemba and would be amazed if we couldn't get more for him.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu May 24, 2018 1:28 pm

They get a massive Sports Direct mug too.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu May 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Apparently we want more than that for them.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 24, 2018 2:13 pm

I'd hope so! Whatever we'd pay for an improvement on Mbemba would be a lot more expensive than that. Though I know it's hard to keep depth players happy when they're not playing, especially one like him who should be in the prime of his career.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu May 24, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:I'd hope so! Whatever we'd pay for an improvement on Mbemba would be a lot more expensive than that. Though I know it's hard to keep depth players happy when they're not playing, especially one like him who should be in the prime of his career.
Not sure we would replace him to be honest. We could do with a smaller, better squad at the minute.

I'm not 100% on it without checking but we're probably one of the only clubs in the league not to use any academy products this season(Dummett aside).

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 24, 2018 4:00 pm

ALF wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote:I'd hope so! Whatever we'd pay for an improvement on Mbemba would be a lot more expensive than that. Though I know it's hard to keep depth players happy when they're not playing, especially one like him who should be in the prime of his career.
Not sure we would replace him to be honest. We could do with a smaller, better squad at the minute.

I'm not 100% on it without checking but we're probably one of the only clubs in the league not to use any academy products this season(Dummett aside).
I didn't mean to say we should, but that if they wanted to replace him I'm sure it'd cost more than that. Completely agree it'd be good to have someone graduate through the academy to fill 4th choice CB - or that level of depth at any position.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:49 pm

I wish these rumour didn't have the ghost of fat Mike looming over them... Then I could actually care about them again.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon May 28, 2018 6:36 pm

CBA to make a thread, but saw this on BBC..... Arsenal: Sokratis Papastathopoulos set to join from Borussia Dortmund for reported £16m

My first reaction was that Paul Merson is going to be f***ed when he covers Arsenal games on Soccer Saturday

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 am

Looks like Mbemba is on his way back to Anderlecht
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue May 29, 2018 7:21 am

I'm going to start early this window... How is it other teams have already got deals in place to go through on 1st of July, yet we can't even get confirmation that Dubravka is staying, even though everything is already just about in place and we just need to sign it off. I know it's nothing to worry about (hopefully) but it just sets such a poor precedent, this year of all years we need to be getting business done asap, seeing as the window closes a lot earlier than normal.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 29, 2018 7:47 am

Don Sholeone wrote:I'm going to start early this window... How is it other teams have already got deals in place to go through on 1st of July, yet we can't even get confirmation that Dubravka is staying, even though everything is already just about in place and we just need to sign it off. I know it's nothing to worry about (hopefully) but it just sets such a poor precedent, this year of all years we need to be getting business done asap, seeing as the window closes a lot earlier than normal.
We will fanny about like we always do. We'll be arguing the toss over £50k or something.
Kindly deeds done for free!