NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by TBC » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:14 am

CIH wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:00 pm
We cannot start the season with only Gayle and Joselu as our only options up front. I do like Gayle, but he's obviously limited at this level. I'd hapilly keep him for depth, but he does have some value to exploit. I was reluctant when we first signed him but he's an absolute king in the championship, he's worth every penny for any promotion chasing side. Joselu is just crap, and the fact we signed a premier league striker for 5m when Andre Grey went for 18 is a good indication.

Giroud is avaliable, but I'd s*** a kitten if he doesn't go West Ham - if he does indeed leave. I've said more than once that I think Welbeck would be a good signing, even with his injury issues. He's not exactly Carroll, Ings, Sturridge or Austin. Christ, we english are built of f***ing marshmellows. Welbeck is in his last year of his contract, and has no chance of getting into that Arsenal attack. Although Emery has given Chambers a long term deal, so you never know.

As for a number 10, we need one no doubt. Perez has been a good player and a good part of our team. Had a great second half of the season. Not a lynchpin though. Key area we need to upgrade. Those rumours of an 18m move for Thorgan Hazard, that I think were invented on this forum, could be interesting. Have literally no idea if that would be good or n ot.
Agree with pretty much all of this.

If we go into next season with Perez as our only real no 10 option again I will be disappointed. I'm a big critic of his anyway but think the competition could be good for both him and us as he disappears far too often.

Would like to see us sell both Mitro and Gayle and upgrade our no 1 & 2 strikers but this is Ashley's NUFC we are talking about so I very much doubt it.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Giorgian De Arrascaeta linked €18m

Andy Carroll made available by West Ham even though I'd doubt there would be much interest from ourselves unless we got desperate in the last few days
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 pm

lblancsson wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Andy Carroll made available by West Ham even though I'd doubt there would be much interest from ourselves unless we got desperate in the last few days
I'd take him on loan, certainly wouldn't waste a transfer fee on him. West Ham have spent big so may need to ship some out, if we could get him and pay 50% of his wages it wouldn't necessarily be a bad move. More realistic than someone like Giroud who we wouldn't get or afford (transfer fee or wages wise) in a million years.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 pm
lblancsson wrote:

I'd take him on loan, certainly wouldn't waste a transfer fee on him. West Ham have spent big so may need to ship some out, if we could get him and pay 50% of his wages it wouldn't necessarily be a bad move. More realistic than someone like Giroud who we wouldn't get or afford (transfer fee or wages wise) in a million years.
We should definitely have targets above him, but as I said if coming to the last few days of window and we could bring him in on loan and he stayed fit then I wouldn't say no either

Edit just seen that he is currently out injured for 3 months
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:21 pm

lblancsson wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:11 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 pm

We should definitely have targets above him, but as I said if coming to the last few days of window and we could bring him in on loan and he stayed fit then I wouldn't say no either

Edit just seen that he is currently out injured for 3 months
<laugh>

Oh, best avoid at all costs if he's out for 3 months, don't want another Slimani farce!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:

Where is this Thorgan Hazard transfer!!!! <fist> <fist> <fist>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:

Where is this Thorgan Hazard transfer!!!! <fist> <fist> <fist>
I signed him on FIFA 17 and he was decent <gent>

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Lazaar and Tooney with the u23s. Colback and Saivet out.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Goal and an assist got Toney.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:11 pm

<notbad>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Team talk (yeah I know <roll> ) are claiming we have agreed to loan Rondon with a set fee of £15m for a permanent at the end of the season.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 pm
Team talk (yeah I know <roll> ) are claiming we have agreed to loan Rondon with a set fee of £15m for a permanent at the end of the season.
Reasonable deal, would be quite happy with that - presuming we get a main striker in as well with the mitro money. I wonder if the permanent fee is dependent on wba coming back up? If they get promotion first time of asking may want him back
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:38 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:34 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 pm
Reasonable deal, would be quite happy with that - presuming we get a main striker in as well with the mitro money. I wonder if the permanent fee is dependent on wba coming back up? If they get promotion first time of asking may want him back
Yeah would take that.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 pm

I still have concerns about him scoring enough goals. I know everyone blames West Brom for his lack of scoring, but I'm not sure I want to give the benefit of the doubt to a striker nearing 30 - especially seeing as we don't have a bunch of goal scorers in midfield or on the wings to support him.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Meh

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:03 pm

who is this trialist lad??
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Alan Trialist. He's from Fenham.

Lasers back!

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:41 am

The deal for Rondon is 4m loan fee then 15m to sign permanently seems a bit odd to do that when he has a 16.5m buyout clause.

Perhaps we don't want to take the risk on a full transfer
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:41 am
The deal for Rondon is 4m loan fee then 15m to sign permanently seems a bit odd to do that when he has a 16.5m buyout clause.

Is there any chance that by loaning Kenedy and Rondon (maybe) that Rafa has a couple of big transfers lined up that will swallow most of the budget I wonder?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:00 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:41 am

Is there any chance that by loaning Kenedy and Rondon (maybe) that Rafa has a couple of big transfers lined up that will swallow most of the budget I wonder?
I bloody hope so.