NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Oval85 wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote:Who will pay him the highest wages? And I don't say that judgmentally towards him. Playing regularly is all well and good, but you also have to maximize your wages while you can.
Jump on the first and best is almost never the best option... Look when he went to Chelsea.
You should maximize your potential as a footballer first and foremost, or else you might have to do something else way earlier than you think.
Wages are irrelevant in the context of football now in terms of financial security for life. He could play for Derby County on £20k a week for 3 seasons and never ever have to worry about working again.

It may well come down to money, but there's only so much you can spend. A few years at any top flight club and he's set for life.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Elite football clubs are 1/2 team, 1/2 talent farm. Anyone shows any promise and they're snapped up. True that Kennedy has already been snapped up but if you look at the list of Chelsea transfers over the last 15 years and it's insane.

Player...(first team league appearances) - (years at club)

Jacob Mellis...(0) - (5)
Danny Philliskirk...(0) - (4)
Steve Sidwell...(15) - (1)
Fabio Borini...(4) - (4)
Franco Di Santo...(8) - (2)
Gokhan Tore...(0) - (2)
Ross Turnbull...(7) - (4)
Tomas Kalas...(2) - (8+)
Oriol Romeu...(22) - (4)
Ulises Davila...(0) - (4)
Lamisha Musonda...(0) - (2) *seems part of a dodgy signing, similar to Hazard*
Charly Musonda...(3) - (6+) *the reason the other Musonda's were signed - so they could sign a then 16 year old from Belgium*
Tika Musonda...(0) - (?) *see Lamisha*
Marko Marin...(6) - (4)
Thorgan Hazard...(0) - (3) *see Lamisha*
Kasey Palmer...(0) - (5+)
Josimar Guintero...(0) - (4+)
Marco van Ginkel...(2) - (5+)
Isaiah Brown...(1) - (5+)
Stipe Perica...(0) - (3)
Christian Atsu...(0) - (4)
Bertrand Traore...(10) - (4)
Mo Salah...(13) - (2) *they made a profit on Salah*
Mario Pasalic...(0) - (4+)
Juan Cuadrado...(13) - (2)
Nathan...(0) - (3+)
Danilo Pantic...(0) - (3+)
Baba Rahman...(15) - (3+)
Kenedy...(15) - (3+)
Papy Djilobodji...(0) - (1)
Michael Hector...(0) - (3+)
Matt Miazga...(2) - (2+)

I started this not expecting it to be as awful as it was.

There's no way Chelsea will sell Kenedy to us or anyone else for that matter unless they're offering way above what he's worth. £20m+ and they'll consider it.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:09 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Colly wrote:
He's just turned 22, Chelsea haven't given up on him. Much as I'd love him to stay here he's going somewhere better or he'll play for Chelsea.
Exactly, he's at an age where he needs regular football. Far from guaranteed at any 'big' club at the moment.
They loaned out a 21 year old after a bit of a weird disciplinary issue. It's not as if they've treated him badly, thats what big clubs do even without the discipline. Should Sturridge have gone to Bolton? Should Harry Kane have stayed at Leicester? Big clubs loan out young players. His place may not be guaranteed at a big club, but I'd question the character of a player who's gone through the ranks of a top club only to immediately jump to a midtable side he's been loaned to without trying at the top level.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:00 am

Colly wrote:His place may not be guaranteed at a big club, but I'd question the character of a player who's gone through the ranks of a top club only to immediately jump to a midtable side he's been loaned to without trying at the top level.
Could argue that's exactly what Lukaku did when he signed to Everton permanently after his loan spell. One example, and he had more success than Kenedy, but still. Romeu has done well at Saints until this pending relegation.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 am

Wasn't Lukaku struggling to get game time under Mourinho though (weirdly enough. He's also now playing Mata who he wrote off...)? I just can't see him coming to us without at least trying at a bigger club here or abroad first, for financial or ambition reasons.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:11 am

Oh I agree, I don't see us signing him permanently in the summer. I'd like to think he'd want to stay, seems to be enjoying himself under Rafa. And apparently he's mates with Atsu, who convinced him to join in the first place. With apparent interest in some top clubs though, even if Chelsea are willing to sell him, I can see us being priced out.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Oval85 wrote: Jump on the first and best is almost never the best option... Look when he went to Chelsea.
You should maximize your potential as a footballer first and foremost, or else you might have to do something else way earlier than you think.
Wages are irrelevant in the context of football now in terms of financial security for life. He could play for Derby County on £20k a week for 3 seasons and never ever have to worry about working again.

It may well come down to money, but there's only so much you can spend. A few years at any top flight club and he's set for life.
It's not when you have to consider all the factors in the players life, wifes, kids, cars, jewels, clothes, houses......(and the list goes on and on...)
There more money you make, the more you use. Besides, when football is done they have to do something, and like other athletes many find it hard to live a life outside sports.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

It's not when you have to consider all the factors in the players life, wifes, kids, cars, jewels, clothes, houses......(and the list goes on and on...)
There more money you make, the more you use. Besides, when football is done they have to do something, and like other athletes many find it hard to live a life outside sports.
Also, with the gap between wages that clubs like Chelsea pay and everyone else, he can make more in a couple years on their bench than a decade on just about any other team's roster.

Fans assume every player regrets going to a club where they end up being a sub or bench warmer, but there's a lot more to consider than just glory on the pitch - that's the difference between being a footballer as a job, and being a fan of the sport. Don't get me wrong, he may regret his decision to go there, but a lot of people make that assumption without knowing.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Luque wrote:Elite football clubs are 1/2 team, 1/2 talent farm. Anyone shows any promise and they're snapped up. True that Kennedy has already been snapped up but if you look at the list of Chelsea transfers over the last 15 years and it's insane.

Player...(first team league appearances) - (years at club)

[erased the list to take up less space in the re-post]

There's no way Chelsea will sell Kenedy to us or anyone else for that matter unless they're offering way above what he's worth. £20m+ and they'll consider it.
Their track record is crazy, but it isn't as if every player they've ever bought has been flipped for a huge profit. A lot there left out the back door without much profit or fanfare.

That said, a lot of those farm flops didn't get a chance to impress on loan in the PL, or get as many senior minutes as he has for Chelsea already, so maybe Kenedy is a bit of an exception.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Oval85 wrote: It's not when you have to consider all the factors in the players life, wifes, kids, cars, jewels, clothes, houses......(and the list goes on and on...)
Also, with the gap between wages that clubs like Chelsea pay and everyone else, he can make more in a couple years on their bench than a decade on just about any other team's roster.

Fans assume every player regrets going to a club where they end up being a sub or bench warmer, but there's a lot more to consider than just glory on the pitch - that's the difference between being a footballer as a job, and being a fan of the sport. Don't get me wrong, he may regret his decision to go there, but a lot of people make that assumption without knowing.
All true, and football is still 'just a job'. But wherever he ends up, be it Bayern Munich, PSG or a mid-table club he'll have guaranteed financial stability and security for the rest of his life (unless he spunks it all away as lots of them do...). We also don't know what his motivations and ambitions are. Maybe he feels ready to test himself at a club the size of Bayern where you have to put in a performance more or less every game, maybe he sees someone like Rafa as someone who could really help him to develop and be that player. Maybe he'll want to do an Oscar and go to China for stupid money. Anything can happen in football.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: Also, with the gap between wages that clubs like Chelsea pay and everyone else, he can make more in a couple years on their bench than a decade on just about any other team's roster.

All true, and football is still 'just a job'. But wherever he ends up, be it Bayern Munich, PSG or a mid-table club he'll have guaranteed financial stability and security for the rest of his life (unless he spunks it all away as lots of them do...). We also don't know what his motivations and ambitions are. Maybe he feels ready to test himself at a club the size of Bayern where you have to put in a performance more or less every game, maybe he sees someone like Rafa as someone who could really help him to develop and be that player. Maybe he'll want to do an Oscar and go to China for stupid money. Anything can happen in football.
I bet we both will watch his career in glimpses to see how the poor lad is doing <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: Also, with the gap between wages that clubs like Chelsea pay and everyone else, he can make more in a couple years on their bench than a decade on just about any other team's roster.

Bang on! I think we as fans often understate the number of reasonable things for a player to consider when debating moves.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:00 am

Talk from Portugal that Bas Dost wants out of Sporting could we finally get this one across the line <awe>
I'll Hazard a guess

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am

Lassassinblanc wrote:Talk from Portugal that Bas Dost wants out of Sporting could we finally get this one across the line <awe>
We'd better. I've kept the faith all these years.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:53 am

ALF wrote:
CIH wrote:Evans be going top six for sure, he's solid backup st the very least, and that price is a steal. I'd have Rondon for sure, scored consistently in a poor wba team last few years
22 goals in 101 games is hardly consistent. He's about as prolific as Shola.
I know strikers are meant to be judged by there goal scoring but Rondon's never been known to be a prolific ST his style of play is more more suited as a TEAM player he's a strong target-man who has a decent turn of pace, can bring others into play with his link-up and hold-up play, works extremely hard and is a threat in the air. So with Ritchie, Kennedy, Shevely pinging accurate crosses/long-balls to him he'll be a problem for most opposition's defenses and could blossom with someone nippy, agile and quick around him weather that be Gayle/Perez or a new striker. Also not to mention with Rafa's guidence he'll make him into a more disciplined and overall better player. So if we could get Rondon on the cheap that would be a excellent deal as he's suited to this league with his experience and proved his quality. Sure he won't get us 20 goals a season but he'll work hard for the team would be a definite upgrade on Joselu, an alternative to Islamini and he's not just a battering ram he's technically adept too can pass, turn and move too for a man of his size. At the right price he'll be awesome. I've watched a few Brom' games this season and he always seems to stand out for me.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:05 am

Sanchino wrote:
ALF wrote:
22 goals in 101 games is hardly consistent. He's about as prolific as Shola.
I know strikers are meant to be judged by there goal scoring but Rondon's never been known to be a prolific ST his style of play is more more suited as a TEAM player he's a strong target-man who has a decent turn of pace, can bring others into play with his link-up and hold-up play, works extremely hard and is a threat in the air. So with Ritchie, Kennedy, Shevely pinging accurate crosses/long-balls to him he'll be a problem for most opposition's defenses and could blossom with someone nippy, agile and quick around him weather that be Gayle/Perez or a new striker. Also not to mention with Rafa's guidence he'll make him into a more disciplined and overall better player. So if we could get Rondon on the cheap that would be a excellent deal as he's suited to this league with his experience and proved his quality. Sure he won't get us 20 goals a season but he'll work hard for the team would be a definite upgrade on Joselu, an alternative to Islamini and he's not just a battering ram he's technically adept too can pass, turn and move too for a man of his size. At the right price he'll be awesome. I've watched a few Brom' games this season and he always seems to stand out for me.

Agree 100% I think Rondon would be a great player for us. As you say he is an upgrade on Joselu
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am

Supposedly has a 16.5m relegation release clause. Personally I feel its a bit steep, but with the current financial climate, there will be a few clubs in for him. Prob go west ham

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am

I don't think that £16.5m is unreasonable in today's market, plus he's 28 so still got plenty of decent seasons left in him. That price is about the going rate for a PL squad player nowadays so we need to accept that and start paying it. £5m gets you the likes of Joselu and Manquillo, maybe we could do a part-exchange.... Colback + Joselu + Manquillo = Rondon <diva>

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:I don't think that £16.5m is unreasonable in today's market, plus he's 28 so still got plenty of decent seasons left in him. That price is about the going rate for a PL squad player nowadays so we need to accept that and start paying it. £5m gets you the likes of Joselu and Manquillo, maybe we could do a part-exchange.... Colback + Joselu + Manquillo = Rondon <diva>
This. Maybe a straight swap of Gayle + £2 mil or Joselu/Hayden + £5 mil. <run> :bandit:

£16.5 million isn't a bad price for a relatively experienced PL standard striker. I mean we could do worse, like buy someone like Troy Deeney for £20 million <puke>

Definitely say we go for Rondon IF we decide Silamini isn't for us. I'll prefer Rondon as he seems more mobile, stronger and he's South American <love>

What other positions do we need strengthening? Even with Diame's new found form I still think we need someone better in the long-run in that position, also full-back areas could be looked at too but credit to both Dumemt and Yedelin they've been excellent recently. A new front attacking four wouldn't be too shabby too especially if Kennedy goes as I don't think Ritchie's the answer out-wide but his crosses, set-piece deliveries and work-rate is a asset. Gayle/Perez similar there not the long-term answer upfront if we want to keep pushing into the top-half of the league consistently. I think CM/DM, 2 ST's and 1 RW would make for a cracking summer. Maybe a couple of full-backs too.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 pm

I'd say fullback cover, especially as Mbemba who's versatile will probably go. CB I think we're okay unless Clark wants to leave for first team football, maybe sign a young prospect. I'd like a creative CM as we're very reliant on Shelvey, and definitely a winger or two (hopefully Kenedy), a striker and a #10.