NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by ALF » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:59 am

lblancsson wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:44 am
Mikel Merino off to Real Sociedad for €10m should be confirmed later today or tomorrow. Means wages are freed up. Sturaro currently in wage negotiations with ourselves after bid accepted by Juve
Local journalists have denied that Sturaro is a target.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:01 am

ALF wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:59 am
lblancsson wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:44 am
Mikel Merino off to Real Sociedad for €10m should be confirmed later today or tomorrow. Means wages are freed up. Sturaro currently in wage negotiations with ourselves after bid accepted by Juve
They knew jack s*** about the Ki deal so that doesn't necessarily mean anything tbf.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:36 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:01 am
ALF wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:59 am

They knew jack s*** about the Ki deal so that doesn't necessarily mean anything tbf.
True but to outright deny it means they might know something.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:46 am

Chronicle journos have been getting slaughtered past few months for their speculative reporting, they haven't taken any of it well, so trust in them is pretty low ATM, I'm not confident in the slightest in anything they report, clearly don't have a clue since Rafa took over.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:15 pm

I do agree with ALF though that there's a difference between not knowing about a signing and it happening as a surprise, and hearing a rumour of a signing and talking to club staff who deny. Then again, maybe the club would have denied that the Ki signing was ongoing had rumours of it broke ahead of time.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:15 pm
I do agree with ALF though that there's a difference between not knowing about a signing and it happening as a surprise, and hearing a rumour of a signing and talking to club staff who deny. Then again, maybe the club would have denied that the Ki signing was ongoing had rumours of it broke ahead of time.
Yup, from what I was told by a NUFC scout, we now try to keep things quiet until everything is signed as current climate sees prices go up if media reports it

Or the club being left with egg on their face saying we want this player and have bid this, that's why I think the Plea bid was probably better then what was reported
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Lot of talk that Merino out is all but done, disappointing in the sense he has bags of potential, but if the lad doesn't want to be here then what can you really do, I think the release clause says it all, he really didn't want to be here in the long term and probably the only reason he signed on a perm was because of it, I'm happy with Ki to replace him and for the money to go towards a striker, no.10, or winger.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 pm

I can fully understand the release clause tbf, it's doesn't necessarily mean that he never really wanted to be here. When he signed it we'd have been in a relegation battle with no idea of what league we'd be in next season. Doubt he'd want to risk potentially dicking about in the Championship for a year if we'd gone down and the club wouldn't accept reasonable offers.

Would like him to stay but c'est la vie.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 pm
I can fully understand the release clause tbf, it's doesn't necessarily mean that he never really wanted to be here. When he signed it we'd have been in a relegation battle with no idea of what league we'd be in next season. Doubt he'd want to risk potentially dicking about in the Championship for a year if we'd gone down and the club wouldn't accept reasonable offers.

Would like him to stay but c'est la vie.
He also had a release clause at Dortmund too IIRC, it does seem to be a theme of his career, also if he was concerned about relegation why sign in the first place considering it was a season long loan, I'm starting to think he was just after a stepping stone and wanted an easy get out if he had a massive season in the premier league, it obviously was becoming unachievable at Dortmund so why not try to impress with us. I've become convinced that he isn't the right type of personality for us so I'm not that fussed about him going, but good luck in achieving whatever it is he's looking for.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:41 pm

Apparently he was homesick aswell, hence the constant disappearances from the squad.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Edison Heisen wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:41 pm
Apparently he was homesick aswell, hence the constant disappearances from the squad.
That's one of my pet hates about footballers, of all people they are the ones who shouldn't get homesick, the amount of money they have they can pay for anyone they like to come over, during breaks they are at most a couple of hours away from home as they can afford to fly wherever they like on a whim, for them to be that homesick they must be so sheltered and emotionally under developed, it's unreal.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:56 pm
Edison Heisen wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:41 pm
That's one of my pet hates about footballers, of all people they are the ones who shouldn't get homesick, the amount of money they have they can pay for anyone they like to come over, during breaks they are at most a couple of hours away from home as they can afford to fly wherever they like on a whim, for them to be that homesick they must be so sheltered and emotionally under developed, it's unreal.
I think that's a bit harsh. Most people aren't capable of moving and working in another country, with a new language and local culture. But that's a part of being a professional footballer more than maybe any other profession. So although to successfully be a footballer, you probably should be adaptable to new environments and cultures, it isn't surprising that some don't succeed under the conditions, just as a large percentage of other people wouldn't either (lots of money or not).

Plus, he's a young, developing player who hardly was played in the second half, but has the opportunity elsewhere at good clubs, in a country that he calls home. I don't really judge him for it, after all, most English players will never play in another country, and will never test their ability to adapt to life somewhere else.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Eu estou Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:08 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:56 pm

I think that's a bit harsh. Most people aren't capable of moving and working in another country, with a new language and local culture. But that's a part of being a professional footballer more than maybe any other profession. So although to successfully be a footballer, you probably should be adaptable to new environments and cultures, it isn't surprising that some don't succeed under the conditions, just as a large percentage of other people wouldn't either (lots of money or not).

Plus, he's a young, developing player who hardly was played in the second half, but has the opportunity elsewhere at good clubs, in a country that he calls home. I don't really judge him for it, after all, most English players will never play in another country, and will never test their ability to adapt to life somewhere else.
This.

It's definitely not the case that home sickness can be cured with money. Regardless of whether or not someone can fly family and friends over for visits, they'll have lives and can't exactly be around all the time.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Eu estou Colo wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:08 pm

This.

It's definitely not the case that home sickness can be cured with money. Regardless of whether or not someone can fly family and friends over for visits, they'll have lives and can't exactly be around all the time.
100% as someone who suffers from home sickness it's a form of anxiety which can lead to other forms of mental illness such as depression, regardless of how much money you make it can be crippling at times it's definitely nothing I'd begrudge someone for moving home because
I'll Hazard a guess

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:09 pm

If anything, it makes sense a Spanish footballer who enjoys Spain, and is wanted by Spanish football clubs would want to return to Spain. I'm sure when he left for Germany he didn't know how well he'd adapt to living in another country, and then probably was convinced he'd feel better in England if he were only playing more than he did at Dortmund. And now he's maybe facing how much he misses Spain, and playing more regularly, and I can hardly judge a man for that, especially if the club agreed to the clause, and are still making money on the transfer fee. Hardly as if La Liga is some big step-down in footballing either.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:18 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:06 pm
Lot of talk that Merino out is all but done, disappointing in the sense he has bags of potential, but if the lad doesn't want to be here then what can you really do, I think the release clause says it all, he really didn't want to be here in the long term and probably the only reason he signed on a perm was because of it, I'm happy with Ki to replace him and for the money to go towards a striker, no.10, or winger.
You'll be lucky to get a Championship no.10 or striker for £10m.

Ki as his replacement opposed to a squad addition is ridiculously short sighted. Merino could've done a job here for the next 10 years, Ki might last 3 as a starter.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:50 am

Luque wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:18 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:06 pm
You'll be lucky to get a Championship no.10 or striker for £10m.

Ki as his replacement opposed to a squad addition is ridiculously short sighted. Merino could've done a job here for the next 10 years, Ki might last 3 as a starter.
disagree. Merino was home sick, not playing or focussed and forcing him to stay (release clause aside) wouldn't have got him to play well. I guess the plan is for Hayden to emerge in the middle term
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:00 am

I don't think that Ki is a replacement for Merino, he's a totally different type of midfielder.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:51 am

Reports saying we're really close to signing Kenedy on a loan deal, with a view to a permanent transfer at the end of the season.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:51 am
Reports saying we're really close to signing Kenedy on a loan deal, with a view to a permanent transfer at the end of the season.
<divax>

I'll be so gutted if this doesn't happen!