NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Tsi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 am

FootballPsycho wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: Have noticed that, although I think it'd have a lot more to do with a potential market efficiency, and maybe a change in our scouting network/approach.
Possibly...but I can't look past the fact that the first person to be linked with a takeover immediately after the club was put up for sale was a Turkish biscuit magnate who owns McVities and that was dismissed out of hand and not a peep has been heard since...non-disclosure? <scratch>
He came out publicly and said the stories were untrue and he wasn't interested at the time.
Turkey's richest man has denied he is interested in buying Newcastle United.

Reports suggested Murat Ulker, chairman of giant foods company Yildiz Holding, was the front-runner to take over from club owner Mike Ashley, who put the Magpies up for sale on Monday.

But a Yildiz Holding spokesperson told BBC Sport: "The company is not purchasing Newcastle and no discussions about the team have taken place.

"We wish them the best of luck in finding a new owner."
I wonder if there was any truth in the Russian guy that was interested but was trying to offload a ice hockey team at the time or whether Staveley was the only player in town so to speak.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 am

"Newcastle are interested in Sunderland's Swedish striker Joel Asoro, 18, and 19-year-old English forward Josh Maja. Both players are out of contract at the Stadium of Light next summer. (Mail)"

From the BBC gossip and sourced from The Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rland.html

<erk>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:12 am

UlversToon wrote:"Newcastle are interested in Sunderland's Swedish striker Joel Asoro, 18, and 19-year-old English forward Josh Maja. Both players are out of contract at the Stadium of Light next summer. (Mail)"

From the BBC gossip and sourced from The Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rland.html

<erk>
Tbf we need to rebuild the youth setup as most are getting released. I doubt they'll be anywhere near the first team.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:03 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
UlversToon wrote:"Newcastle are interested in Sunderland's Swedish striker Joel Asoro, 18, and 19-year-old English forward Josh Maja. Both players are out of contract at the Stadium of Light next summer. (Mail)"

<erk>
Tbf we need to rebuild the youth setup as most are getting released. I doubt they'll be anywhere near the first team.
Those two lads are highly rated.Also their academy is miles ahead of ours, for years they've had the upper hand in getting youth players from the region/abroad.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:06 am

We should develop a parent / feeder club relationship with Sunderland.

They've got a decent academy and because they're going to be in league 1 with no money they'll likely give youngsters a chance. Then when they've developed we can bring them here.

Also we could send any promising youngsters we have out on loan there. Getting first team football in a competitive league will be good for them.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:14 am

<erk>
Shouldn't this be in the "players from relegated clubs thread"...

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:54 am

Instead of pinching their players we should pinch their coaches.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:18 am

TJR wrote:We should develop a parent / feeder club relationship with Sunderland.

They've got a decent academy and because they're going to be in league 1 with no money they'll likely give youngsters a chance. Then when they've developed we can bring them here.

Also we could send any promising youngsters we have out on loan there. Getting first team football in a competitive league will be good for them.
I’d rather we weren’t linked to them in any way to be honest.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:26 am

Colly wrote:

<erk>
Shouldn't this be in the "players from relegated clubs thread"...
I'd say it should be in the "players from double relegated club's thread"...

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Just been looking at out of contract players this summer. We could certainly make some shrewd signings from this pool of players, ideally leaving our probably limited funds for other positions we need to strengthen

Potential targets could include

Stefan de Vrij CB
Emre Can DM
Max Meyer CM
Jack Wilshire CM
Bernard LW
Luke Shaw LB
Oguzhan Ozyakup CM
Jonathan Bamba RW

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Just been looking at out of contract players this summer. We could certainly make some shrewd signings from this pool of players, ideally leaving our probably limited funds for other positions we need to strengthen

Stefan de Vrij CB
Emre Can DM
Max Meyer CM
Jack Wilshire CM
Bernard LW
Luke Shaw LB
Oguzhan Ozyakup CM
Jonathan Bamba RW
Shaw and Wilshere's wages would be ridiculous and not worth paying for what we'd get. Emre Can is off to Juve I think. Bernard might be worth a look if we can't get Kenedy on a permanent deal.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Just been looking at out of contract players this summer. We could certainly make some shrewd signings from this pool of players, ideally leaving our probably limited funds for other positions we need to strengthen

Stefan de Vrij CB
Emre Can DM
Max Meyer CM
Jack Wilshire CM
Bernard LW
Luke Shaw LB
Oguzhan Ozyakup CM
Jonathan Bamba RW
Can wants well over £100k a week and Juventus are interested, no chance whatsoever. Suspect Shaw and Wilshire would want £100k a week or more as they're on free transfers.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:

Stefan de Vrij CB
Emre Can DM
Max Meyer CM
Jack Wilshire CM
Bernard LW
Luke Shaw LB
Oguzhan Ozyakup CM
Jonathan Bamba RW
Can wants well over £100k a week and Juventus are interested, no chance whatsoever. Suspect Shaw and Wilshire would want £100k a week or more as they're on free transfers.
Not sure who's going to pay them that though - don't see a top club signing either of them (Wilshire and Shaw).
Last edited by Remember Colo on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Not sure who's going to pay them that though - don't see a top club signing either of them.
Everton perhaps, unlikely but Wolves are absolutely loaded and may want to make some statement signings although they prefer the foreign market. Spurs were supposedly interested in Shaw so if they sold Rose could bring him in to rotate with Davies.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: Not sure who's going to pay them that though - don't see a top club signing either of them.
Everton perhaps, unlikely but Wolves are absolutely loaded and may want to make some statement signings although they prefer the foreign market. Spurs were supposedly interested in Shaw so if they sold Rose could bring him in to rotate with Davies.
True. Although don't Spurs have a pretty strict wage cap? Can't see them breaking that for someone they're not sure will even be a starter, especially when they need to give raises to their current spine.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Man U activated a 1 year extension clause in Shaw's contract didn't they? We've been linked to that Ozyakup a fair but in the latter end of this season, might be something to it.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Diego21
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Diego21 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:59 pm

For Next year I would like...

Robbie Brady, Zaha, Dubravka and Kenedy on permanent, comeback of Mitrovic, Max Meyer for free.
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:47 am

Stefan de Vrij CB
Emre Can DM
Max Meyer CM
Jack Wilshire CM
Bernard LW
Luke Shaw LB
Oguzhan Ozyakup CM
Jonathan Bamba RW
Stefan de Vrij would be good but he might want European Football. Similar to Emre Can, isn't he going to Juventus?
May Meyer similar he'll probably get pouched by a team playing in European football or Bayern.
Jack Wilshire would be a quality signing as he'll add more creativity, vision and cultured passing into our midfield give us a good alternative incase Shevely gets suspended/injured and maybe play them together at home matches with Diame acting as the enforcer. On reasonable wages and if we can keep him fit we'll have a top-quality midfielder but he might go aboard to get a lucrative wage packet.
Bernard similar to some of the players above he might want to go to a European playing team, but if we got him he'll be class out-wide. So diminutive but deadly skill, acceleration and agile. Him and Kenedy roaming round a top quality striker would be a dream. <awe>

Luke Shaw not too sure about him, I mean he is young and English like Wilshere he's injury prone but would be a more attacking threat down the left than Dummet so on reasonable wages why not?
Oguzhan Ozyakup Would be a upgrade on Hayden and provide good competition for Shevely/Diame so yes why not? Definitely get him on a free if Merino as rumored does leave.
Jonathan Bamba I don't know too much about him but he's 22 and playing in the French league could either turn out to be a Ben Arfa, Cabella or a Thauvin. :bandit:

They'll be some other good talent in that free market this summer so we'll definitely be making a few solid signings from there hopefully. Dubraka and Kennedy on perm deals should be essential. A striker, no.10, creative midfielder, 1/2 full backs and 1/2 wingers is what we need the most. Also maybe 1/2 CB's if Clark/Mbemba leave.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:15 am

Stefan de Vrij CB- Already going to Inter
Emre Can DM- supposedly off to Juventus
Max Meyer CM- Liverpool have been scouting him plus Bayern have been sniffing so i was told at the weekend
Jack Wilshire CM- think he'll sign a new contract end of season. if not i'd well be interested
Bernard LW- linked with a good few Serie A teams as well as Bayern
Luke Shaw LB- would be interested as cover needs to sort out injuries (Edit has signed new contract)
Oguzhan Ozyakup CM- signed a new contract with Besiktas (i thought)
Jonathan Bamba RW-would add some nice cover but i'll be honest if we are looking to kick on then i wouldn't be too interested not much better then what we currently have
I'll Hazard a guess

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:44 am

Diego21 wrote:For Next year I would like...

Robbie Brady, Zaha, Dubravka and Kenedy on permanent, comeback of Mitrovic, Max Meyer for free.
Been out for almost 6 months. Would be a bit risky. Not sure what sort of player you'd be getting once he's fit.
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."