NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25149
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Can we move all of this to its own thread?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4826
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Colly » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:56 pm
I wouldn't give them a penny regardless of their intentions <laugh>
Ditto.

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11645
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Chappy wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm
Colback back to Forest on loan. Why can't they just have him permanently <neg>
<diva>

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8812
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:09 am

90% of my hate for colback is because of his stupid hair, don't get me wrong I'm not one of those Gingerists, it's nothing to do with his hair colour I have ginger friends and accept people of all hair colours :bandit: , it's just the mass of hair that has just been left to grow with no end game in sight, it's just become an unkempt ginger quiffed afro and looks ridiculous.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

gawalls
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by gawalls » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:19 am

Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 pm
Chappy wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm
Colback back to Forest on loan. Why can't they just have him permanently <neg>
<diva>
Because no doubt we're still paying part of his wages and he wants as much as he can get off us which to be honest he's entitled to and I have no problem with.

This is where Newcastle falls down trying to sell these players, they should be willing to give the likes of colback and Selz away just to cut the wage bill down.

User avatar
Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg
Posts: 9141
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:21 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Heisen » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:39 am

gawalls wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:19 am
Tsi wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 pm


<diva>
Because no doubt we're still paying part of his wages and he wants as much as he can get off us which to be honest he's entitled to and I have no problem with.

This is where Newcastle falls down trying to sell these players, they should be willing to give the likes of colback and Selz away just to cut the wage bill down.
And pay their contracts up, thus depleting our already limited transfer budget even more?
Image

User avatar
Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg
Posts: 9141
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:21 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Heisen » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:39 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:09 am
90% of my hate for colback is because of his stupid hair, don't get me wrong I'm not one of those Gingerists, it's nothing to do with his hair colour I have ginger friends and accept people of all hair colours :bandit: , it's just the mass of hair that has just been left to grow with no end game in sight, it's just become an unkempt ginger quiffed afro and looks ridiculous.
I dislike him because he's s***
Image

gawalls
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by gawalls » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm
I'm just tired of people exploiting fan paranoia, there is literally no indication Rafa is leaving, every time he's asked he talks about wanting to stay for a long time. He's never indicated he will leave, he even said he has a good understanding and relationship with Ashley and Charnley, so it pisses me off when fans act like their thoughts and emotions define the status behind the scenes, "I am furstrated therefore Rafa is on the brink of leaving" just **** off!! The worst part is so many people fall for the s*** stirring, how many times has Rafa supposedly been on the brink now? I bet there is more than 10 separate occasions something like this has been portrayed and every time with little to no evidence to suggest there is any truth to it. It's getting worse than the Daily Star soap exclusives "Is David Platt on the verge of Murdering Gail?" People complain about the NUFC media circus yet the same people a f***ing queuing for the big top like sheep.
Hence the words 'if Rafa goes' - he's been lied to and refuses to sign a new contract, he gag one year left in that contact and if you think he's going to stay then you're dilisunal. Twitter is a very good place to drum up some support and as my doctor said to me - any movement is good news.

Ashley is losing money all over the place at the moment and hitting him in the pocket right now isn't the worst idea.

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8812
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:13 pm

gawalls wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm
I'm just tired of people exploiting fan paranoia, there is literally no indication Rafa is leaving, every time he's asked he talks about wanting to stay for a long time. He's never indicated he will leave, he even said he has a good understanding and relationship with Ashley and Charnley, so it pisses me off when fans act like their thoughts and emotions define the status behind the scenes, "I am furstrated therefore Rafa is on the brink of leaving" just **** off!! The worst part is so many people fall for the s*** stirring, how many times has Rafa supposedly been on the brink now? I bet there is more than 10 separate occasions something like this has been portrayed and every time with little to no evidence to suggest there is any truth to it. It's getting worse than the Daily Star soap exclusives "Is David Platt on the verge of Murdering Gail?" People complain about the NUFC media circus yet the same people a f***ing queuing for the big top like sheep.
Hence the words 'if Rafa goes' - he's been lied to and refuses to sign a new contract, he gag one year left in that contact and if you think he's going to stay then you're dilisunal. Twitter is a very good place to drum up some support and as my doctor said to me - any movement is good news.

Ashley is losing money all over the place at the moment and hitting him in the pocket right now isn't the worst idea.
Has he? <scratch> and he's refused to sign??, Wow please tell me more about what is happening behind the scenes, because not once have I heard Rafa say he's been lied to or that he won't sign a contract.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

gawalls
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by gawalls » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:13 pm
gawalls wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 am


Hence the words 'if Rafa goes' - he's been lied to and refuses to sign a new contract, he gag one year left in that contact and if you think he's going to stay then you're dilisunal. Twitter is a very good place to drum up some support and as my doctor said to me - any movement is good news.

Ashley is losing money all over the place at the moment and hitting him in the pocket right now isn't the worst idea.
Has he? <scratch> and he's refused to sign??, Wow please tell me more about what is happening behind the scenes, because not once have I heard Rafa say he's been lied to or that he won't sign a contract.
We'll see next year, there's no way on earth he will stay and why should he, he's just doing the honourable thing and seeing his contact out.

NoteToSelf
Darlow's Do
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by NoteToSelf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:26 pm

If Rafa leaves, the reasons would be a better opportunity available elsewhere.
That said, he's stayed thus far trying his damndest to fix various problems at the club through some strong job opportunities. That suggests some willingness to stick with the club - otherwise he would have walked months ago.

I have no doubt that he would look to use his contract running down as leverage to twist Ashleys arm. His stock in this regard is high, and he believes he has a strong plan to push the club forwards. Essentially, hes pushing a "soft ultimatum".

"Give me the support; then I'll extend my contract"

The issue is Ashley is trying the same thing from a weaker bargaining position.
"Sign this contract; then I'll give you my support".

Rafa can quite easily get another job. Ashley can get another manager, but not without considerable risk.

On transfer rumours - passing mention of interest Muto and Vlasic from the Mail.
Muto will probably be too expensive, but Vlasic would be an interesting one. Everton have spunked a lot of money last season, and foreseeably will again this season.
He would be a good alternative to Perez while also doubling as a Striking option in my opinion.

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8812
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:54 pm

More talk of schurrle too as Dortmund have said he's talking to someone else, nothing g to say we are in for him but we were linked in January
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 8993
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Remember Colo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:42 pm

TBC wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:46 pm
Eu estou Colo wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 pm

I don't think it's unreasonable to presume that a football fan who gives up on supporting Newcastle then has to move on to supporting a different club. Anybody who can get that upset about football probably can't then go cold turkey and stop watching the sport all together - or at least I can't understand thinking that's worthwhile.
I’m sorry but you’re so far off what this all means. It doesn’t mean not watching football anymore or even still considering yourself a Newcastle fan. I know franchised sport over the pond is slightly different and yes we get plastic fans over here too but I was born a Newcastle fan, i’m not going to stop because of Ashley. I might stay away from SJP for a few years but I’m not getting a City tattoo on my chest anytime soon.
Thanks for the cheap shot about the "across the pond" part, but I'm not even suggesting people should stop supporting Newcastle, only that it seemed to me that has to be the ultimatum. It's "If Rafa goes, we go". Well, go where? People have stopped buying from Sports Direct, they've been threatening or have stopped buying season tickets, stopped buying kits. It's a catchy slogan, sure, but what makes it any different from all of the protests before it besides being predicated on Rafa leaving?

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25149
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Seriously, can we have this on another thread please?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by CIH » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Yeah, save this for when we sign Thorgan Hazard and Danny Welbeck <fist>

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8812
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:17 pm

I blame lassassinblanc for all of this, if only the Hazard thing had happened it would have avoided all of this, <mob>
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
Scalabrine
Aarons' Ailments
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:14 pm
Location: Spain.

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Scalabrine » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:51 pm

Apparently Bayern is close to signing Alphonso Davies (Vancouver Whitecaps, 17 years old). I like Almirón & Yosef Martínez (today he scored 2 goals).

Image

Decent players. £20m both.
Image

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7165
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Toondes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 am

From the Chronicle .

According to “the sun” (I know I know ) Mike Ashley he offered Rafa a 3 year contract with a £100m war chest and a promise to invest heavily in every window.

Don’t shoot the messenger 😂
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25149
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:54 am

Toondes wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 am
From the Chronicle .

According to “the sun” (I know I know ) Mike Ashley he offered Rafa a 3 year contract with a £100m war chest and a promise to invest heavily in every window.

Don’t shoot the messenger 😂
<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10290
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:54 am

War chest is my least favourite term in football <erk> <laugh>

Post Reply