Squad Next Season (if Ashley keeps his word)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Squad Next Season (if Ashley keeps his word)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 17, 2018 5:32 pm

ALF wrote:Mad that Burnley finished 7th and got into Europe yet were only on TV 7 times.
One of my mates is baffled how often we've been on TV <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
ALF wrote:Mad that Burnley finished 7th and got into Europe yet were only on TV 7 times.
One of my mates is baffled how often we've been on TV <laugh>
All about viewing figures.

The entertainers era got us a large fan base outside of the North East and now we seem to have more non local fans than most clubs (top 6 aside).

The California Kid
Tindall's Hoody

Post by The California Kid » Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 pm

I love Mbiwa... i think he's back in France at Lyon or something. I thought they had a promising backline a few years ago with Mbiwa, Santon, and Haidara.

Its amazing Haidara is still with the club, come to think of it.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 pm

The California Kid wrote:I love Mbiwa... i think he's back in France at Lyon or something. I thought they had a promising backline a few years ago with Mbiwa, Santon, and Haidara.

Its amazing Haidara is still with the club, come to think of it.
I've still got a home shirt with his name on the back. Thought he was going to be class.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu May 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Haidara was promising but I honestly think he lost something after that horror tackle at Wigan. In my mind at least he seemed to struggle to regain form and confidence after that.

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 pm

This happens every year - why does anyone think the money is going to be spent? Ashley has proven that he doesn't put his money where his mouth is - we'll do well to start the season with all our key players and maybe one or two semi-promising signings.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 pm

<whistle>
Last edited by Tsi on Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri May 18, 2018 1:21 pm

;)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Heisen wrote:Haidara was promising but I honestly think he lost something after that horror tackle at Wigan. In my mind at least he seemed to struggle to regain form and confidence after that.
I was at that game, Santon played RW for a bit and scored if I recall. That was clearly his best position <roll>

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Heisen wrote:Haidara was promising but I honestly think he lost something after that horror tackle at Wigan. In my mind at least he seemed to struggle to regain form and confidence after that.
I was at that game, Santon played RW for a bit and scored if I recall. That was clearly his best position <roll>
CM marra <whistle>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri May 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Not sure we can say Haidara was promising until that game considering it was less than a month after his debut. Think he was always pretty s***, just looked athletic and got forward a bit.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri May 18, 2018 2:09 pm

ALF wrote:
Not sure we can say Haidara was promising until that game considering it was less than a month after his debut. Think he was always pretty s***, just looked athletic and got forward a bit.
<ok>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Seagull wrote:This happens every year - why does anyone think the money is going to be spent? Ashley has proven that he doesn't put his money where his mouth is - we'll do well to start the season with all our key players and maybe one or two semi-promising signings.
Well we have more money after 1 season back in the PL than we did after a year in the Championship. He technically didn't lie last year, we didn't make money, so he didn't spend any. Now of course he should have taken a bigger loss to ensure we stayed up, but given the different financial situation we'll be in this summer, things could be different. But sure, he won't spend as much as we'd like, or should to be competitive, because unfortunately he isn't willing to take a loss - which is an annoying trait to have in a pro sports owner.

Ali91
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Ali91 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Ali91 wrote:A player like Obi Mikel would be a good signing..
Are you his agent? He's always looked bang average to me.
Nope I'm not..

I just think this guy is a good player, underrated and he could bring something to the squad.. he has the abilities, great passes.. technically gifted... and I think Newcastle could use players like him..

Diame as a DM - Mikel and Shelvey as CMs...

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun May 20, 2018 10:16 pm

He's a lot younger(allegedly) than I thought he was. Genuinely thought he'd retired.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Sime11
Wood's Touch

Post by Sime11 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:19 am

Merino to become a beast next season (1 can dream :P)

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon May 21, 2018 6:40 am

That injury clearly knocked him, hopefully he'll be back properly next season. Trying him at number 10 seems like the most obvious option ever, given it's the only position where we have no competition and he plays there internationally.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon May 21, 2018 7:41 am

CIH wrote:He's a lot younger(allegedly) than I thought he was. Genuinely thought he'd retired.
Still, 31 and probably wanting decent wages so a definite no from me.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Mon May 21, 2018 8:08 am

How Achraf Lazaar could get one last chance to save Newcastle United career

Newcastle United tell Achraf Lazaar to return to the club on July 2 after nightmare loan spell in Italy

Achraf Lazaar could get a chance to salvage his career at Newcastle United in pre-season.

The left-sided player’s nightmare spell with Benevento finally came to an end over the weekend after the Morocco international had been frozen out by the relegated Serie A side for the second half of the season.

Lazaar had pleaded with United to be loaned out last August but managed to play just 479 minutes in Italy before falling out with Benevento coach Roberto De Zerbi, who then opted against registering the former Palermo player in February as he made room for new signing Bacary Sagna.

The decision was a devastating one for Lazaar from a football point of view with the 26-year-old’s hopes of playing in this summer’s World Cup also effectively ended due to his lack of action caused by such a drastic move from De Zerbi.

Newcastle will listen to offers for Lazaar as Benitez tries to reshape his squad, but only after the Toon boss looks to take a fresh look at the man who can play left-back or out wide.

United will also start the summer short on full-backs after the exits of Massadio Haidara and Jesus Gamez.

Benitez has stayed in touch with the player and told him to stay fit with Lazaar set to get a chance to feature in Newcastle’s pre-season friendly games.

Lazaar will return to the club’s Benton base on July 2.

Benitez said earlier this year: “I feel for him. When you go away and you think everything is fine it is hard.

“He was injured for some time and that went against him.”

Link: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... e-14683481

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon May 21, 2018 9:59 am

Surprised the journalist hadn't tried to fit in "resurrection"...