NUFC annual accounts for the year up to June 30, 2017

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: NUFC annual accounts for the year up to June 30, 2017

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu May 24, 2018 4:35 pm

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble

The last 30+ tweets are about Newcastle. Check it out.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Interesting read, essentially we've broke even in the last 10 years. So Ashley in theory wouldn't lose a penny if he sold us for what he paid? Not that I'm suggesting he would, but selling the club for £300-350m would still then give him a tidy profit.
Last edited by Bodacious Benny on Thu May 24, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 24, 2018 5:44 pm

R&B wrote:
Colly wrote:Constantly using Tottenham as the comparator seems a bit unfair.
I agree. ashley pointed Villa as our goal for the first 5 year plan. And must admit it... It worked.

So everyone stop bitchin about Tottenham in the last decade!
Pretty sure we started v1.0 of the five year plan with Villa aspirations but then it changed in year three of the five year plan to Everton which then essentially for all intents and purposes became v1.1 of the five year plan of which we've heard nothing since it expired which leads to the questions of who the **** are we aspiring to now and will we have a new five year plan as v2.0 or have amendments taken place outside the public arena and were now on v1.1.1.1? <fist>

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Interesting read, essentially we've broke even in the last 10 years. So Ashley in theory wouldn't lose a penny if he sold us for what he paid? Not that I'm suggesting he would, but willing the club for £300-350m would still then give him a tidy profit.
Tidy yes... for most people <ashley>

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu May 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Interesting read, essentially we've broke even in the last 10 years. So Ashley in theory wouldn't lose a penny if he sold us for what he paid? Not that I'm suggesting he would, but selling the club for £300-350m would still then give him a tidy profit.
He succesfully emulate the Villa model in the first 5 year plan and his third year. And then without having another 5 year plan, he emulated the Villa model again! Who else can did that? Nobody!

So yeah. He deserve to be happy and those 400 mill are justified.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Interesting read, essentially we've broke even in the last 10 years. So Ashley in theory wouldn't lose a penny if he sold us for what he paid? Not that I'm suggesting he would, but selling the club for £300-350m would still then give him a tidy profit.
If you had several hundred million tied up in an investment, and only broke even, that's a pretty terrible return on your investment. He could have had it in a savings account and made more money. I know that's not what you personally are saying, but there will be people that do. In the same period there are people who have bought and sold pro sports franchises for a billion dollars more than what they paid.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 24, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
If you had several hundred million tied up in an investment, and only broke even, that's a pretty terrible return on your investment. He could have had it in a savings account and made more money. I know that's not what you personally are saying, but there will be people that do. In the same period there are people who have bought and sold pro sports franchises for a billion dollars more than what they paid.
Imagine trusting several hundred million with fund managers of the calibre of McClaren, Carver, Kinnear etc.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: If you had several hundred million tied up in an investment, and only broke even, that's a pretty terrible return on your investment. He could have had it in a savings account and made more money. I know that's not what you personally are saying, but there will be people that do. In the same period there are people who have bought and sold pro sports franchises for a billion dollars more than what they paid.
Imagine trusting several hundred million with fund managers of the calibre of McClaren, Carver, Kinnear etc.
Talk about throwing your money down a well! <disgrace>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri May 25, 2018 12:34 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: If you had several hundred million tied up in an investment, and only broke even, that's a pretty terrible return on your investment. He could have had it in a savings account and made more money. I know that's not what you personally are saying, but there will be people that do. In the same period there are people who have bought and sold pro sports franchises for a billion dollars more than what they paid.
People who can talk to the likes of jose, Pepe et all by the pick up of the phone, the best coach in the league.
Seems pretty safe to me