Tax issues at Villa

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 24861
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:53 pm

I don't actually want to see villa or any club in financial difficulty, not because of the club itself but moreso because it's the people behind the scenes who suffer i.e. admin staff, ticket office staff etc. It's them that lose their jobs.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8746
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:53 pm
I don't actually want to see villa or any club in financial difficulty, not because of the club itself but moreso because it's the people behind the scenes who suffer i.e. admin staff, ticket office staff etc. It's them that lose their jobs.
Oooo look at me, morally superior etc..

<wenger>
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 24861
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:18 pm
Blještav Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:53 pm
I don't actually want to see villa or any club in financial difficulty, not because of the club itself but moreso because it's the people behind the scenes who suffer i.e. admin staff, ticket office staff etc. It's them that lose their jobs.
Oooo look at me, morally superior etc..

<wenger>
Thanks, scumbag <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by CIH » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:36 pm


Lappland Brummie
Guest
Guest

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Lappland Brummie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:31 pm

It's a fair comment, the nostalgia thing. I am perhaps guilty of looking at things through rose-tinted specs.

That said, I still maintain that these days the money in football is out of whack with reality. Bournemouth the 28th richest club in the world after two seasons in the Prem? It's crazy. No, it's bloody scary.

User avatar
Plate of Barszcz for me
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4368
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Location: Best Poland

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Plate of Barszcz for me » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:06 pm

Lappland Brummie wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:31 pm
It's a fair comment, the nostalgia thing. I am perhaps guilty of looking at things through rose-tinted specs.

That said, I still maintain that these days the money in football is out of whack with reality. Bournemouth the 28th richest club in the world after two seasons in the Prem? It's crazy. No, it's bloody scary.
It's fecking daft how people defend the money being tossed around when it comes to transfer fees, too much money, not enough talent, the inflation is disgusting.

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8746
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:23 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:18 pm


Oooo look at me, morally superior etc..

<wenger>
Thanks, scumbag <roll>
I hope they all have mortgages <fist>
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by CIH » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:53 pm
I don't actually want to see villa or any club in financial difficulty, not because of the club itself but moreso because it's the people behind the scenes who suffer i.e. admin staff, ticket office staff etc. It's them that lose their jobs.
I'd like to see an administrative staff transfer window. Hopefully we can bring in that chief steward from Wolves by deadline day <awe>

User avatar
Chappy
10 Champs Bronze
10 Champs Bronze
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Chappy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:39 pm

I cba to read through... Are they actually in trouble or not?
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by CIH » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Yes but it looks like they've held the wolves at the door for the time being by paying some of what they owe. Dr. Xia is apparently looking for other investors to pick up the burden, but that doesn't seem likely. Apparently he h as some cash flow issues back in China.

Post Reply