NUFC close to breaking point. Rafa rightly lays into club.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

NUFC close to breaking point. Rafa rightly lays into club.

Post by TJR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:54 pm

Sounds like Rafa has finally ran out of patience with Ashley/Barnes/Bishop/Charnley and rightly so. The clubs treatment of Rafa and the fans has been nothing short of disgraceful recently.

Something has to be done. The club has one week left to sort it or we'll probably lose Rafa. That would be disastrous, we'll not get a manager anywhere near as good and this squad could easily be relegated in the wrong hands.

Good to see a bit of momentum in the campaigns to try and force Ashley out. They might not work but at least we're finally trying something again. We've got to try anything, everything.

With someone like Rafa at the helm there is so much potential for this club. Sadly those in charge would seemingly rather run it into the ground. No investment into a failing academy, no investment into outdated training facilities, the stadium could do with a makeover or at least a clean and obviously above all significant investment into the playing squad is needed.

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Re: NUFC close to breaking point. Rafa rightly lays into club.

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Honestly what is Mike Ashley's plan? If he wanted to sell, he should have done it as soon as we finished 10th and hadn't done any transfers. But he hasn't. But he isn't investing.

Genuinely worrying times.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Let’s be clear - Rafa is only hanging about because his contact has a £6m break clause, and he can’t afford to pay it. He’s honourable but you can only be dishonoured yourself so many times...

My only hope - the only hope - is a takeover in the next 9 months.
I had the first custom w***

HowayTheLads
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by HowayTheLads » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Speedo wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 pm
Let’s be clear - Rafa is only hanging about because his contact has a £6m break clause, and he can’t afford to pay it. He’s honourable but you can only be dishonoured yourself so many times...

My only hope - the only hope - is a takeover in the next 9 days.
Fixed.

ExiledMag

Post by ExiledMag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:20 pm

Isn't rafa involved in a transfer standoff in basically every club he's been at?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:25 pm

He's spot on. It's almost embarrassing that he's still here really, part of me wants him to go. It seems that Ashley is actively trying to destroy the club now, I am really beyond even caring.

If we go down again this time I hope we get stuck in the Championship for a couple of years until the fat bastard has almost no need for the club and sells us as cheap as he can, then we can finally start to rebuild the f***ing decade's worth of damage he's done to this football club. I would take that a thousands time over to this boring, passionless non-existence we find ourselves in season after season.

(Obviously I would rather us get taken over in the Premier League but since he's a greedy cronut determined on squeezing every penny out of the club, I can only see him selling us when we're at a pathetically low ebb)

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 pm

NUFC IN CRISIS

just like they were yesterday, just like they will be tomorrow

Also a shambles, embarrassment and travesty. Fans are right drama queens

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm

I've been following things tonight and I'm staggered at how far we've fallen since finishing 10th in May.

For the first time in ages there was a real feeling that we'd kick on with even a modest amount of investment, how could it go wrong?

Mike Ashley - "Hold my beer"

What a shame.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Aldridge Perez wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm
I've been following things tonight and I'm staggered at how far we've fallen since finishing 10th in May.

For the first time in ages there was a real feeling that we'd kick on with even a modest amount of investment, how could it go wrong?

What a shame.
Have we though? We've not lost anyone key (I'll miss Mitro but Rafa won't), we've tied down Dubravka, got Kenedy for a full season and signed another two. Even if we sign no one else at all (and I hope we will now the Mitro money is in) it's not a step back. You could argue it's a failure to step forward, but it doesn't compare to the summer we signed Anita and no one else...

It's not great by any means, but I don't think it's a terrible squad to start a season with.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Poor Rafa. <erk>

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Colly wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:57 pm
Aldridge Perez wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm

What a shame.
Have we though? We've not lost anyone key (I'll miss Mitro but Rafa won't), we've tied down Dubravka, got Kenedy for a full season and signed another two. Even if we sign no one else at all (and I hope we will now the Mitro money is in) it's not a step back. You could argue it's a failure to step forward, but it doesn't compare to the summer we signed Anita and no one else...

It's not great by any means, but I don't think it's a terrible squad to start a season with.
Are you kidding? Morale is at a real low ebb, we've tied down two good players that already played for us but arguably replaced Mbemba and Merino with like for like at best. The squad has actually went backwards since May.

We haven't replaced Mitro or Saivet and Gayle looks like he's staying so we're a man down in midfield and our strikers are Joselu and Gayle.

We've only three fit first team CBs too, as Lejeune will miss most of the season.

Still no competition for Dummett and Yedlin.

Bare minimum we need to land Muto, then TWO quality strikers, another CB, a LB and a RB.

You think we'll land six players in 10 days? Anything less means we're relying on good fortune that no injuries occur and our existing players play out of their skin.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Aldridge Perez wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 pm
Colly wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Are you kidding? Morale is at a real low ebb, we've tied down two good players that already played for us but arguably replaced Mbemba and Merino with like for like at best. The squad has actually went backwards since May.

We haven't replaced Mitro or Saivet and Gayle looks like he's staying so we're a man down in midfield and our strikers are Joselu and Gayle.

We've only three fit first team CBs too, as Lejeune will miss most of the season.

Still no competition for Dummett and Yedlin.

Bare minimum we need to land Muto, then TWO quality strikers, another CB, a LB and a RB.

You think we'll land six players in 10 days? Anything less means we're relying on good fortune that no injuries occur and our existing players play out of their skin.

Completely agree with this.

Also I'd add 'a failure to step forward' is a step back considering pretty much everyone who finished below us have stepped forward, some of them making very big steps forward as well.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:07 am

With so many teams significantly strengthening (West Ham, Brighton etc) and Wolves and Fulham coming up and investing big I think we're in big trouble next season - and I'm usually one of the optimists. I'd take p17 now, we're a shambles. The squad is arguably worse than last season and threadbare in some areas. We still don't have a goalscorer.

The club feels toxic again, just like it did the last two times we were relegated.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:20 am

No top training facilities. Not even a satisfying state of the Academy. The stadium need a bit of renovation. The team need a massive upgrade... Good luck with the asking price of 400 mill.

And then some fans wondering why nobody(Staveley) didn't just throw away 350 millions for the club in the middle of the relegation battle. Which leading to this... The fat f*** will stay at the club at least until April/May. When we will know are we going down or we will survive... miraculously... again.

Good luck to everyone.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:33 am

I'm not saying we're doing well, but Merino, Mbemba, Saivet and Mitro barely got on the pitch last season and two have been replaced already. We are desperate for a right back plus some other improvements, but we're certainly not going to get Muto plus two strikers. That would leave us with five in a team that plays one up top. Give me Muto plus Rondon (as much as I'm not a fan that seems to be happening) plus two fullbacks and I don't think it's a bad transfer window at all. Obviously the Lejeune injury is massively unfortunate so yep I'd have a centre half if possible too.

We are toeing a line with injuries, but for everyone saying "this is a Championship squad" this is a Championship squad that once it found a settled lineup finished in the top half of the league on merit, if it's a Championship squad there's a fair few in this division.

Regardless the season starts next week, we won't have a takeover and a spending spree before then, so I'm just trying to have a little bit of positivity about a team that I actually think to a man is pretty strong. Excited to see what Muto can do, already know what impact Kenedy has made to the team, and hoping Shelvey and Diame's partnership can continue. Gutted for Lejeune. :(

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:41 am

Colly wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:33 am
I'm not saying we're doing well, but Merino, Mbemba, Saivet and Mitro barely got on the pitch last season and two have been replaced already. We are desperate for a right back plus some other improvements, but we're certainly not going to get Muto plus two strikers. That would leave us with five in a team that plays one up top. Give me Muto plus Rondon (as much as I'm not a fan that seems to be happening) plus two fullbacks and I don't think it's a bad transfer window at all. Obviously the Lejeune injury is massively unfortunate so yep I'd have a centre half if possible too.

We are toeing a line with injuries, but for everyone saying "this is a Championship squad" this is a Championship squad that once it found a settled lineup finished in the top half of the league on merit, if it's a Championship squad there's a fair few in this division.

Regardless the season starts next week, we won't have a takeover and a spending spree before then, so I'm just trying to have a little bit of positivity about a team that I actually think to a man is pretty strong. Excited to see what Muto can do, already know what impact Kenedy has made to the team, and hoping Shelvey and Diame's partnership can continue. Gutted for Lejeune. :(
Good post 👍🏻

Gold star for Colly ⭐️

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:55 am

It's all I can do to stop myself from crying...

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:20 am

We're not a striker down because Mitro's gone because as far as Rafa was concerned he did't exist so we pretty much have the same squad as last season. I would have honestly given Armstrong some minutes pre season or sell him, time to use him or cut him loose. We could also do with selling a few goal keepers as well.

I honestly think Ashley doesn't want Rafa and is waiting for his contract to run out - he will get you success but it'll be at the expense of the players coming through, success doesn't come cheap with him. I think the next manager will be an unknown manager that Ashley hopes can work with current limitations and not always ask for half a dozen players.

Please don't take this as me saying this is my opinion, it's really not - I just think this is where Ashley's head is right now.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:39 am

Backup aside, I don't think we're any worse off than we were last season, are we?
Kindly deeds done for free!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:39 am

Backup aside, I don't think we're any worse off than we were last season, are we?
Kindly deeds done for free!