Arsenal owner in 600m outright takeover

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Arsenal owner in 600m outright takeover

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 am

SpoilerShow
roenke believes owning 100% of the club will benefit Arsenal
Arsenal's majority shareholder Stan Kroenke has made a £600m offer to buy the whole of the club in a deal that would value the Gunners at £1.8bn.

The American billionaire owns 67% of Arsenal through his company KSE, which says Alisher Usmanov has agreed to sell his 30% stake in the club.

A KSE statement says taking the club private will help to further Arsenal's "strategy and ambitions".

The buy-out announcement was made to the London Stock exchange on Tuesday.

Despite his shareholding, Usmanov is not part of the board or the decision-making at Arsenal.

The metal magnate made a £1bn bid to buy the Emirates outfit in May 2017 but this was rejected by Kroenke.

In the statement to the stock exchange, Kroenke said KSE were "moving forward with this offer, leading to 100% ownership of the club" and they "appreciate Mr Usmanov's dedication" to Arsenal.

The statement added: "KSE's ambitions for the club are to see it competing consistently to win the Premier League and the Champions League, as well as the major trophies in the women's senior game and at youth level."

KSE said that under "its stewardship since 2011 the club has invested in major transfers, player contracts, analytics, senior non-playing football management employees" and it "expects the club to build on those investments".

Kroenke will be raising the capital to take control of the club with £45m of his own money and borrowing £557m, which he says will not be against the club.

"The offer is not being funded by way of any debt finance (bank loans, payment in kind loans or other debt or quasi debt interest bearing obligations) for which the payment of interest on, repayment of, or security for any liability (contingent or otherwise) will depend on the business of Arsenal," said the statement.

Arsenal have a new manager in charge this season after Unai Emery took over from Arsene Wenger, who had been Gunners boss for 22 years.

In Wenger's final season, Arsenal finished sixth in the Premier League as they missed out on the Champions League but qualified for the group stages of the Europa League.

The Gunners start their Premier League campaign against champions Manchester City on Sunday.

'A dreadful day for Arsenal' - fans' reaction
While Kroenke says taking sole ownership will benefit the club, the Arsenal Supporters' Trust (AST) called the news "a dreadful day" for the Gunners.

"Stan Kroenke taking the club private will see the end of supporters owning shares in Arsenal and their role upholding custodianship values," said an AST statement.

AST added that by becoming the 100% owner, Kroenke would be able to take "detrimental actions" such as paying "management fees and dividends without any check or balance".

It added: "The AST is also extremely concerned to note that this purchase is being funded by a loan.

"The AST is wholly against this takeover which marks a very sad day for Arsenal football club
Quite interesting, and would free up this Usimov fella with 600m to spend. Since he tried to buy arsenal outright himself last year, clearly has an interest in the premier league. Maybe would look more London based, but its good to be optimistic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45094538
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Arsenal owner in 600m outright takeover

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 am

The reaction of Arsenal fans doesn't make this sound like a good thing...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:37 am

Well if Ashley only wants 400m then that would be 200m left to spend on transfers in January
<diva> <diva> <diva> <diva> <diva> <diva>
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 am

Yeah I saw that, but I think the arsenal fans don't want the current majority to take full control. So they want Usimov to stay, which means he's good. Logic!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 am

CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 am
Yeah I saw that, but I think the arsenal fans don't want the current majority to take full control. So they want Usimov to stay, which means he's good. Logic!
Once Kroenke attains a certain level of ownership then he can force the remaining shareholders to sell their shares to him. He will then de-list the club from the stock market and have full control.

Mike did the same to Newcastle.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 am
CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 am
Once Kroenke attains a certain level of ownership then he can force the remaining shareholders to sell their shares to him. He will then de-list the club from the stock market and have full control.

Yep, lost my single share in the club <wah>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:58 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 am

How much did you get?
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:02 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:58 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am

How much did you get?

I didn't sign it back over to the club in protest <laugh>

Think it was only worth something stupid like a quid.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:05 am

The fans deeply dislike Kroenke because they don't like his investment approach, his refusal to speak publicly and that he never makes his intentions clear.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 am

CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 am

Quite interesting, and would free up this Usimov fella with 600m to spend. Since he tried to buy arsenal outright himself last year, clearly has an interest in the premier league. Maybe would look more London based, but its good to be optimistic.

I'd imagine since he already has ties at Everton and works closely with their owner outside of football, he'd probably do something there.

We can always dream though <urgh>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:15 am

TBC wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 am
CIH wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 am

I'd imagine since he already has ties at Everton and works closely with their owner outside of football, he'd probably do something there.

We can always dream though <urgh>
Well I heard as a child he slept in an Alan Shearer shirt, so nuh!! <fist>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:19 am

Isn't he supposed to be pretty dodgy, covering up his criminal convictions and stuff like that.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Usimov has accepted a 550m offer according to BBC. He is now looking at investing in a north easterly based premier league club. According to me <diva>

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:19 am
Isn't he supposed to be pretty dodgy, covering up his criminal convictions and stuff like that.
Yes, he's a man with ex-soviet union money. No better than the current owner in that respect ;)

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Despite initial reports that he was looking to get out of football it now looks like he could be looking to invest in a team. Reports only say Everton or a team in Europe but by Christ if we ended up with him it would be a game changer.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 pm

I think I read that he is quite paly with Moshiri over at Everton, I believe they may have a business together. Would make sense for him to invest I'm what he knows. Although if he fancies something different, we are clearly ripe for the takeover. Oh, it would be lovely.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:01 am

Usmanov linked with a move for Charlton Athletic.