NUFC Confirm Two New Signings!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

NUFC Confirm Two New Signings!

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Newcastle United have completed the signings of youngsters Yannick Toure and Rosaire Longelo.

Toure, 17, and Longelo, 18, will both link up with Ben Dawson's Under-23 squad, who kick off their Premier League 2 Division Two campaign at West Bromwich Albion on Monday afternoon.

The Magpies saw off competition from a string of other clubs to land frontman Toure, who has arrived on Tyneside from Swiss outfit Young Boys.

Although he was born in Senegal, Toure has represented Switzerland at youth level, and scored twice on his Under-17 debut against Austria a year ago.

Wide-man Longelo, meanwhile, joins the Magpies from West Ham United, where he spent the last decade. As a trialist, he featured in the Under-23s' 3-2 friendly victory over Barrow earlier this summer, playing all 90 minutes at Holker Street.

He figured once for the Hammers' second string last time out, and also netted twice in 12 appearances for the East Londoners' Under-18s.
https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news ... er-23-pair

Yannick Toure Interview
Yannick Toure has admitted that Newcastle beat off stiff competition to secure his signature.

The 17-year-old has joined the Magpies from BSC Young Boys in Switzerland, penning an initial three-year contract, and could make his competitive bow for the under-23s in Monday's Premier League 2 game at West Bromwich Albion (kick-off 2pm BST).

Born in Dakar, Senegal, the forward moved to Switzerland at a young age and has represented them at under-17 level, scoring twice on his debut against Austria last year.

And although he didn't make a first-team appearance for Young Boys, their under-21 side played in the third tier of Swiss football and won the title last season.

told nufc.co.uk: "I'm very happy to sign for Newcastle.

"I've heard a lot about them. I know it's a famous club in England and I'm very, very happy to be here.

"There was a lot of interest in me, but I chose to come here because it's a great and traditional club in England.

"I'm an offensive player and I like to score goals for the team. My position is a striker but I can play on the left and right.

"I want to work hard, to learn and ultimately to play for the first team."

Toure, who joined Young Boys at the age of ten, has already been taking English lessons and most of his first interview was conducted without the assistance of a translator.

And he hopes that he can adapt to life on the pitch just as quickly - particularly in the Checkatrade Trophy, which will see United once again face sides from Leagues One and Two.

"That is a very good challenge for me," he said. "It's an opportunity for me to show what I'm capable of and have more game time.

"It will be an experience, an introduction to English football for me, because it's something new for me. Maybe it will help me to establish myself."

And while he knows he will have to prove himself if he is to catch the eye of Rafa Benítez, Toure has already had a taste of the Premier League, albeit from the stands.

"I came to the stadium and watched the Chelsea match (on the final day of last season), which was very good," he revealed.

"Newcastle won 3-0 and it was a great match. And I saw the fans, who were crazy. They live for football and are so passionate, and I like that very much."

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Re: NUFC Confirm Two New Signings!

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Can't wait to see who we loan and then sell these guys to.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 am

It seems the club has high hopes for Toure. I hope he makes it :)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:26 am

The next Haris Vuckic <roll>

In seriousness I really hope he can do well and progress with us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:19 pm

Poor bastards.