<ritchie> <ayoze> <murph>

<joselu>

<rafa> <darlow> <sterry> <fernandez> <ki> <atsu> <muto> <rondon>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Your NUFC team v Chelsea

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:07 am

my god. delete this post and your profile. this is YOUR team?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:38 am

Yeah, I was a bit irked (though possibly not as far as "delete your account"). It's Rafa's usual team with Murphy out of position. :/

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:31 am

Luque wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:07 am
Someone's clearly not getting any at home at the minute.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:43 am

That's our likely team...

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:54 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:31 am
Luque wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:07 am
Someone's clearly not getting any at home at the minute.
I'm married so I only get any when it's my birthday or our wedding anniversary which are only 7 days apart :(

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:32 pm

I don't see the benefit of maintaining consistency in the line-up if that line-up isn't good. I don't want a replay of Cardiff, and that setup doesn't deserve rewarding for their effort or performance.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:49 pm

The interesting thing is that for the first half of last season he chopped and changed week after week, and we never got close to a couple of consistent performances in a row. After Christmas Dummett and Lejeune got fit, Shelvey and Diame linked up and we actually had barely any unforced changes as we climbed the league.

I'm not sure what I'm saying here other than damned if you do damned of you don't, though I'd like to see the new signings given a go, the only starters have been our loanees from last season.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:49 pm
The interesting thing is that for the first half of last season he chopped and changed week after week, and we never got close to a couple of consistent performances in a row. After Christmas Dummett and Lejeune got fit, Shelvey and Diame linked up and we actually had barely any unforced changes as we climbed the league.

I'm not sure what I'm saying here other than damned if you do damned of you don't, though I'd like to see the new signings given a go, the only starters have been our loanees from last season.
I definitely agree with that. And I'd add, In the latter half of the season when there was a more consistent and well performing line-up, Joselu wasn't starting, and instead it was Gayle playing more.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Rafa said in press conference today that the new signings are nearimg fitness so will be in with a chance of startimg this weekend. We mighy see one or both of Rondon and Muto. Maybe Fernandez or Schar in for Clark as well. I can't see Ki startimg though.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:36 pm
Colly wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:49 pm

I definitely agree with that. And I'd add, In the latter half of the season when there was a more consistent and well performing line-up, Joselu wasn't starting, and instead it was Gayle playing more.
Gayle is at West Brom now. Joselu is the only fully fit striker we've had for the past 2 games. Also he did well and scored against Spurs in the first game of the season.

Joselu isn't great and when fit I'm sure Rondon and Muto will be ahead of him but the unnecessary witch hunt against Joselu is getting a bit ridiculous. He gives his all everytime he plays and was the only option anyway.

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:25 pm

I think Clark has performed well so far and I wouldn't be in a rush to bench him for Schar or Fernandez unless his form drops. I think it's about time Rondon get the nod. I'm ok with Muto off the bench.