Match day - NUFC v Chelski

Deleted User

Re: Match day - NUFC v Chelski

Post by Deleted User » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:54 pm
I swear some people on here act like d******** for the sake of being a d********, just to get a little bit of attention?, Sad.
I don't even comment on here anymore, this is my first and last comment in months - the only reason being is you always generalise people and their opinions if different to yours as then being arseholes or something.

I've had so many run ins with you personally - lifes too short and I genuinely can't be arsed. You need to accept people's opinions without grouping them together and dismissing them collectively as one.

We are a negative team, setting up to play negative football and played for the draw today - they had 82% posession and people are frustrated, it's understandable and their right to be so.
Last edited by Deleted User on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:07 pm

never thought a 1 goal defeat could be that embarrassing. pathetic stuff.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:09 pm

That was horrific to watch. Forget f***ing balance sheets and finishing positions and all that nonsense, I watch football to be entertained and that was truly diabolocal.

Going out with the sole intention of stopping the other team scoring is becoming our no. 1 aim apparently, and it's absolutely unacceptable. I just about accepted it against City last year but this is about the fourth time since then that this has happened. It's disgraceful and if you aren't going to try and win or even attempt to attack then there's no point. Literally any of our previous 10 managers would have been strung up for setting a team up like that today, so Benitez cannot be the exception to it and if he's trying to prove some sort of point to the world then he can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Truly pathetic.
Last edited by Heisen on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Heisen wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:09 pm
That was horrific to watch. Forget f***ing balance sheets and finishing positions and all that nonsense, I watch football to be entertained and that was truly diabolocal.

Going out with the sole intention of stopping the other team scoring is becoming our no. 1 aim apparently, and it's absolutely unacceptable. I just about accepted it against City last year but this is about the fourth time since then that this has happened. It's disgraceful and if you aren't going to try and win or even attempt to attack then there's no point. Litetally any of our previous 10 managers would have been strung up for setting a team up like that today, so Benitez cannot be the exception to it. It was pathetic.
agreed.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Didn’t catch the game today due to being on holiday but, as someone who thought the set-up against City was actually reasonable, if it was the same today then that’s not on. Especially at home against a team we’ve typically managed to get under the skin of in recent years

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:21 pm

I understand the idea of being more defensively minded against a top team, as there is a gulf in class, but to be so defensively minded that we show absolutely no desire to attack for 90% of the game, especially at home, is a little frustrating. Yes they have better players, but it’s still 11 vs 11 and they have their flaws. Wolves showed yesterday that a good balance can be struck between accepting that you will give up possession and territory yet still pose some form of threat on the counter, and on occasion show you can be tidy on the ball. We have players who can play and have shown in the past can be comfortable in possession, yet today we just didn’t seem to want to even try putting passes together.

I agree on the entertainment point as well, I watch football to enjoy it. I love Newcastle but I also enjoy the game itself. Watching your own team not even attempt to play is disheartening.

So, I’d go with a 3-3-4 formation next week... <whistle>
There is no sin except stupidity.

Daviddt86
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Daviddt86 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm

We should have let Rafa go and appointed Bilsa. Attacking football and give youth players chances. Don’t know why everyone is hyped up nu Rafa

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Daviddt86 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm
We should have let Rafa go and appointed Bilsa. Attacking football and give youth players chances. Don’t know why everyone is hyped up nu Rafa
Said I wouldn't post anymore but had to just to say I agree. I want to be entertained again.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:03 pm

gawalls wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:53 pm
Daviddt86 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:47 pm
Said I wouldn't post anymore but had to just to say I agree. I want to be entertained again.
In order to be entertained and stand and a chance against Chelsea you are going to need more than the kids always picked last in PE ....

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:07 pm

gawalls wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:04 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:54 pm
I swear some people on here act like d******** for the sake of being a d********, just to get a little bit of attention?, Sad.
I don't even comment on here anymore, this is my first and last comment in months - the only reason being is you always generalise people and their opinions if different to yours as then being arseholes or something.

I've had so many run ins with you personally - lifes too short and I genuinely can't be arsed. You need to accept people's opinions without grouping them together and dismissing them collectively as one.

We are a negative team, setting up to play negative football and played for the draw today - they had 82% posession and people are frustrated, it's understandable and their right to be so.
Considering I cant even recall one instance where I've communicated with you directly I'm a bit baffled by this statement <scratch>

Edit: upon searching my post history I've found 1 direct reply to you, the only other is this one and a post you were quoted in on a world cup match thread, so I don't really have a clue what you are talking about with that <laugh>

And I was talking about random dickish statements that are constantly spouted without any really justification, if people formulate an actual argument against the team or individual players they like to constantly slag off then fair dos.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:21 pm

I watched the Wolves v City game. Yes, they were under the cosh and defended well like we did. But almost every time Wolves went forward it looked like they would/could score. They gave it a proper go and deserved their point and I wouldn't have begrudge them the win had they snatched it. Chelsea weren't at their best today and we could have easily taken a point if not 3 had we had the same impetus as Wolves had. They only time we did is when we went a goal behind which is very disappointing.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Heisen wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Going out with the sole intention of stopping the other team scoring is becoming our no. 1 aim apparently, and it's absolutely unacceptable. I just about accepted it against City last year but this is about the fourth time since then that this has happened. It's disgraceful and if you aren't going to try and win or even attempt to attack then there's no point. Literally any of our previous 10 managers would have been strung up for setting a team up like that today, so Benitez cannot be the exception to it and if he's trying to prove some sort of point to the world then he can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Truly pathetic.
<applause>

Couldn't agree more.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:21 pm
I understand the idea of being more defensively minded against a top team, as there is a gulf in class, but to be so defensively minded that we show absolutely no desire to attack for 90% of the game, especially at home, is a little frustrating. Yes they have better players, but it’s still 11 vs 11 and they have their flaws. Wolves showed yesterday that a good balance can be struck between accepting that you will give up possession and territory yet still pose some form of threat on the counter, and on occasion show you can be tidy on the ball. We have players who can play and have shown in the past can be comfortable in possession, yet today we just didn’t seem to want to even try putting passes together.

I agree on the entertainment point as well, I watch football to enjoy it. I love Newcastle but I also enjoy the game itself. Watching your own team not even attempt to play is disheartening.

Agree with this as well!

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:21 pm

Agree with this as well!
Nice to see someone agrees with my 3-3-4 idea (although no clappy hands makes me sad). Would you also like to play Santon in midfield...? 8)

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:16 pm

10% possession at home against any team (even City) is pretty f***ing depressing. I also can’t keep ignoring comments made like ‘if I had Hazard’, how is that supposed to motivate the players he does have?

I’ve defended Rafa to the hilt on here but I can’t argue with what’s already been said and also the notion that if we had an British manager trying these tactics like Pulis or Big Sam we’d be in uproar.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 pm
UlversToon wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Agree with this as well!
Nice to see someone agrees with my 3-3-4 idea (although no clappy hands makes me sad). Would you also like to play Santon in midfield...? 8)
<applause>

The 3-3-4 idea is beginning to worry me!

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:23 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:21 pm
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 pm

<applause>

You more a 2-2-6 person?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:23 pm
UlversToon wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:21 pm

<applause>

You more a 2-2-6 person?
A more conservative 3-2-5 would be my preference for next Saturday, see how Pep copes with that.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Ugh, city and arsenal up next. This is gonna be miserable.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:38 am

We can't really afford to lose 3,4,5-0 though - you saw how tight the league was last year, it'll probably be the same this year. I don't want to see us relegated, I want to see us stay up and move forward. Obviously won't happen while the fat man is here, but, in the mean time, I want to watch us in the Premier League.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.