Match day thread - Citeh v NUFC

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Match day thread - Citeh v NUFC

Post by ALF » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Pretty sure Dubravka is better than any goalkeeper ever.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:24 pm

ALF wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:20 pm
Pretty sure Dubravka is better than any goalkeeper ever.
<laugh>

You’re correct, though.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm

2-1 Spurs
2-1 Chelsea
2-1 Man City

give me those over 5-0 drubbings any day, i think with another 3 - 4 quality additions we can start taking points out of these games and i think that goes to show how good Rafa is tactically and how absurd it is that the club fails to back him fully in the transfer market.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm
2-1 Spurs
2-1 Chelsea
2-1 Man City

give me those over 5-0 drubbings any day, i think with another 3 - 4 quality additions we can start taking points out of these games and i think that goes to show how good Rafa is tactically and how absurd it is that the club fails to back him fully in the transfer market.
So does literally everyone except the one that matters, unfortunately

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Well as expected today. No attacking threat whatsoever and we still lost despite being the most defensive team I have ever watched !!
2 shots in the entire game (unless I missed something )
This is going to be a long old season
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 pm
Well as expected today. No attacking threat whatsoever and we still lost despite being the most defensive team I have ever watched !!
No it isn't, we won't be playing Spurs, Chelsea and Man City every game. People need to get some perspective <laugh>

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:41 pm

If you look at how we lost those games (as in how the goals were scored) it's not so bad. I'm liking the look of Rondon, Dubravka is an absolute beast (watch him get sold in January) and Fernanadez is proving decent.

Defensively we're fairly solid, but our ability to hold a ball is w*** - I loved Atsu last year but he needs to stay off the pitch, Kenedy needs to find his confidence sharpish. Also, having someone who can cross a ball would be nice.

Positive change at the end swapping Clark for Murphy was nice to see, to try and get something back. Overall, not surprised at how the game played out but some positives.

EDIT -
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:39 pm
No it isn't, we won't be playing Spurs, Chelsea and Man City every game. People need to get some perspective <laugh>
Yeah, we've been up against the big boys straight away and come out losing 2-1. Honestly, was expecting far worse.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 pm
Nah.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:58 pm

You know what, we’ve lost 3 games against 3 of the 4 best teams in the division, 2-1 each time, and in all 3 of those games I think we’re well within our rights to be miffed about 3 from dodgy refs and one wonder strike... if we can defend this well against lesser teams, we will be fine for the season. I’d actually like to see us play with 3 at the back against some worse teams in a more attacking way - this formation has really released Yedlin, who has been attacking outlet this season so far. I back us to get a point off Arsenal...
I had the first custom w***

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:02 pm

Also lost to forest and drew against the worst team in the league. Wish I shared the same optimism but the signs aren’t good for me.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:02 pm
Also lost to forest and drew against the worst team in the league. Wish I shared the same optimism but the signs aren’t good for me.
Yes, this is more what I'm seeing.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Toondes wrote:
Lost to Forest (after a shocking lack of a penalty out way) in a cup that, rightly or wrongly, nobody really gives a s*** about and we probably didn’t pay much attention to with tactics, which are a significant part of our game plan. Drew against Cardiff when down to 10 men and had a penalty to win it. There’s the odd worry but overall it’s gonna be hard to judge us until 8 or 9 games into the season given fixtures. We could quite easily finish comfortably mid-table again or we could finish 18th. We simply don’t know enough from the sample of games we’ve played so far

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:11 pm

I think bottom third but we'll stay up. We won't often win by more than one or two goals but against the lesser sides we're solid enough to pick up wins. Don't think we'll finish much higher as the promoted sides are looking good, and the likes of Everton have spent big.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Sir Bobby wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:07 pm
Toondes wrote:
Lost to Forest (after a shocking lack of a penalty out way) in a cup that, rightly or wrongly, nobody really gives a s*** about and we probably didn’t pay much attention to with tactics, which are a significant part of our game plan. Drew against Cardiff when down to 10 men and had a penalty to win it. There’s the odd worry but overall it’s gonna be hard to judge us until 8 or 9 games into the season given fixtures. We could quite easily finish comfortably mid-table again or we could finish 18th. We simply don’t know enough from the sample of games we’ve played so far
All I know is that apart from the second half v Tottenham we have been woeful. I don’t get the idea that sitting deep and not attacking to come away with a loss is a good tactic. Maybe I’m just pissed off but I’ve not seen anything to give me a bit of hope. For me football is about being entertained and trying to win games. The last 4 games at least have done neither.
Also to suggest that we didn’t prepare for the Forest games as a reason why we lost is clutching at straws. We lost because they were sharper and the better team.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:58 pm

Yedlinny. <awe>

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:58 pm
The ball from Rondon was naughty as well, nothing like a nutmeg assist to your right back.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:18 pm

ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 pm
The ball from Rondon was naughty as well, nothing like a nutmeg assist to your right back.
Yeah, the pass is top class.

In the telly they are twins. Firstly, I thought it was Kenedy. The only one? :bandit:

vrabbit
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by vrabbit » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Yeah from afar it's hard to see who's Kenedy and who's Rondon, similar frames, same hair, same cleats too I think

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:57 pm

I saw someone on twitter say that Rondon, Kenedy and Yedlin are like a set of Russian dolls <laugh>

I thought it was Kenedy crossing in at first too

ToonFromTheSouth
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by ToonFromTheSouth » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:38 am

I don’t have any social media so I’m reaching out on the forums I f***ing love you fellow goons who made the trip to moneychester today all you could here on tv was RAFFFFFFA BENIIITEZZZZ SUPPORT the boys as bad as they can be but this is all because of that fat cat Ashley who doesn’t give a f*** I want the Micheal Owen curse to be destroyed even if it’s sighing rondon for 15 mil he’s the best strongest positive striker we’ve had since Carrol just need to sort laceels big headed Attitude out and be a TEAM I’m from swindon and watched ritchie when he was there he’s fuckkng class and works his cock off we just need rondon on the end of it , f*** atsu off and Clark and all the rest of the dead average wood off get ryan bertrood in yaya toure in and stop f***ing about also be carful with Kennedy as not to sure about that just yet but f***ing have it lads stop fancying about !!!!