Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Watford valued same as Newcastle!

Post by Remember Colo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:56 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Agreed. That's what I thought when this Staveley group were quibbling over relegation clauses etc.
As we have seen, a strong home fanbase is financially worthless - just change your club to playing in red and watch the money roll in from the far east.

The billion dollar difference comes from a club that has international interest to one that has none. This club currently has 0 reputation outside of the UK.
Newcastle has always received more coverage internationally - I know from experience because it's been easy to watch every match in Canada for the past decade.

As for your quip about red, an array of ownership groups have had to learn the hard way that you can't pick some random club out of the Championship and turn them into a favourite of south or east Asia, but Newcastle still benefit from having some degree of success and profile this generation. I understand why compared to Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, we aren't attractive to those investors, but we're still a much more prominent option compared to the likes of Cardiff, Hull, QPR, Blackburn and the others that have floundered under owners thinking they can use them to drum up foreign fans and revenue.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:56 pm
omegaprimevkm wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 pm

As we have seen, a strong home fanbase is financially worthless - just change your club to playing in red and watch the money roll in from the far east.

The billion dollar difference comes from a club that has international interest to one that has none. This club currently has 0 reputation outside of the UK.
Newcastle has always received more coverage internationally - I know from experience because it's been easy to watch every match in Canada for the past decade.

As for your quip about red, an array of ownership groups have had to learn the hard way that you can't pick some random club out of the Championship and turn them into a favourite of south or east Asia, but Newcastle still benefit from having some degree of success and profile this generation. I understand why compared to Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, we aren't attractive to those investors, but we're still a much more prominent option compared to the likes of Cardiff, Hull, QPR, Blackburn and the others that have floundered under owners thinking they can use them to drum up foreign fans and revenue.
Or lessons for the past have contributed to a lack of attraction.

Chinese foreign investment rules are definitely preventing some clubs from advancing right now.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:08 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:34 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Or lessons for the past have contributed to a lack of attraction.

Chinese foreign investment rules are definitely preventing some clubs from advancing right now.
Here we're definitely on the same page. I think they've come to realize an English football club isn't some golden ticket to Chinese business windfall. Especially nowadays when every team is so flush with money, and fans already have allegiances to the big clubs that are continuing to top the tables.

Plus, to top it off, as you said, their investment rules have made it even more difficult.