NUFC v Leicester 28.09.18

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

NUFC v Leicester 28.09.18

Post by omegaprimevkm » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:18 am

I saw a point in the Palace thread regarding disappointment that Rondon is crocked for tomorrow's game and potentially more after that.

I do match the sentiment, but with the way the team has been playing and the fact he was looking sluggish against Palace, I'd have suggested the team plugs away with Joselu anyway. He does seem to work in the heavy defensive line up somewhat, and although the team results so far are clear relegation form (bearing in mind opposition blah blah blah) it could work better.

Joselu's got a couple of goals this season and so far he's not been the disappointment - it once again falls squarely on the shoulders of what Perez brings to the team. We know Joselu is a carthorse but pops up with a goal every 4-5 games...very Ameobi-esque (without the injury record). I think Perez desperately needs to be dropped and the strategy in attack rethought out. He's played a lot so far this season and offered next to nothing. Even against Palace, through on goal, he snatched at his shot and went straight at the keeper.

I suggest you all put a small bet on Perez to score tomorrow - watch it happen (it usually does when I complain about someone).

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC v Leicester 28.09.18

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:21 am

Perez definitely deserves to be dropped, he hit a good run of form at the end of last season but this season he's back to his usual whereby when he's in a good position (e.g. v Palace) and should score he hits a tame shot straight at the keeper. I don't think we'll keep Vardy, Maddison and Iheanacho quiet tomorrow, so we need to score at least one goal, maybe two just to get a draw.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:25 am

Joselu has been one of our better players. There's only really him and Fernandez that have looked decent so far.

Perez is honestly so poor it mystifies me how he's a nailed on starter. He's like the Pardew of footballers - has one good run per season but is otherwise crap.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:37 am

Games on the 29th, had me worried I'd miss it for a moment there.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:51 pm

We'll play overly defensively and lose 2-1. But GD.

I think Joselu deserves to keep his place but wouldn't mind Muto getting a game in his actual position. Perez will probably be dropped for Ki/Hayden.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Hjl wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:37 am
Games on the 29th, had me worried I'd miss it for a moment there.
Seen this thread, went to check how much we lost by 😂😂🤔