NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:06 am

I'd like to see the club try and become a develoiper of players. So if it means spending f*** all and giving Roberts and Longstaff game time, then so be it. If it means giving Aarons another chance to break into the team, so be it.

Or sign Mbaye Diagne from Kasimpasa.
Last edited by Bruuuuuuuuce () on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 am

We'd go down immediately as everyone else actually spends money on their youth team and we've only had Carroll and Dummett come through in the last decade. Do that and don't sign anyone and it's a disaster.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 am

s*** PL football every week and struggling to scrape a 1-0 win or get relegated to the Championship and actually win some games...I’d rather enjoy the football regardless of division. If we stay up this year we know we’ll be in the same fight next year as Ashley isn’t going anywhere. Championship football really doesn’t bother me, it’s a far more interesting league than the predictable PL. No chance would we get relegated from the championship so genuinely not bothered if we went down.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 am
s*** PL football every week and struggling to scrape a 1-0 win or get relegated to the Championship and actually win some games...I’d rather enjoy the football regardless of division. If we stay up this year we know we’ll be in the same fight next year as Ashley isn’t going anywhere. Championship football really doesn’t bother me, it’s a far more interesting league than the predictable PL. No chance would we get relegated from the championship so genuinely not bothered if we went down.
Well, we better not jump right back up or good ol' Mike won't do more than he has done the past 3 years.
We need to stay down for at least a season so his advertisement is somewhat worthless, but it is so far ahead that I cannot even look at it like a glimmer of hope tbh.
I'll rather watch the NFL play-offs now anyways... God I hate being a loyal supporter.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I would consider this a bit of a rose-tinted view of the Championship. It's entertaining for the neutral but not when you're in the middle of it; all of the top clubs are desperate to get promoted. We're not a Championship club; do you really think our fanbase would be content with plodding along in that league but playing enjoyable football? We had fans constantly whinging and bed-wetting about the team despite spending the majority of that season firmly in the top 2 anyway.

Mid-table PL mediocrity > mid-table championship mediocrity.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 pm

jpg wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:47 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I would consider this a bit of a rose-tinted view of the Championship. It's entertaining for the neutral but not when you're in the middle of it; all of the top clubs are desperate to get promoted. We're not a Championship club; do you really think our fanbase would be content with plodding along in that league but playing enjoyable football? We had fans constantly whinging and bed-wetting about the team despite spending the majority of that season firmly in the top 2 anyway.

Mid-table PL mediocrity > mid-table championship mediocrity.
Didn’t say we’d be plodding around mid table...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Our football was s**** and boring in the Championship as well.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:40 pm

ALF wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:31 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Our football was s**** and boring in the Championship as well.
This. I've no desire to have that again, and there's no guarantee we'd be knocking about the top again given this time round we wouldn't be recouping £80m in player sales on relegation. At least now we get to watch decent opposition on occasion...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:03 am

It wasn’t s*** the first time round in 09/10.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:06 am

That was far from our first time round, my first games were under Jim Smith. It was s***.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:03 am

Colly wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:06 am
That was far from our first time round, my first games were under Jim Smith. It was s***.
Well first time in ‘The Championship’ as it is now.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:02 am

Linked with Grégoire Defrel currently on loan with Sampdoria from Roma with Gabbiandini going there he will most likely be going back to Roma who don't want him so out on loan he will go again.
I'll Hazard a guess

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:38 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:02 am
Linked with Grégoire Defrel currently on loan with Sampdoria from Roma with Gabbiandini going there he will most likely be going back to Roma who don't want him so out on loan he will go again.
Thanks Jim.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 am

Luque wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:38 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:02 am
Thanks Jim.
Here just because I pulled you up on a gobshitery post you made about a month ago doesn't mean you have to continue to be a ****, Now you may be about 15 though that your username is a player who played for us 10 years ago would suggest that you're an adult.

So please stop being an arsehole and replying with smartarse comments to all my posts and act your age ;)
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:11 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:03 am
Colly wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:06 am
Well first time in ‘The Championship’ as it is now.
The point is though that there's a lot of bottom half Premier League fans who've convinced themselves that getting relegated is some kind of reset button from which they can come back stronger, and we're incredibly fortunate to have done it twice.

The fact is that ten years ago we were fortunate to be a long established Premier League side with a good mix of veterans (Smith, Nolan, Barton when he played) a few quality players who hadn't quite bedded in (Colo, Jonas) and a young, fit and hungry Andy Carroll. Add in a few astute signings and loanees and we walked that league.

Last time round we made a fortune on player sales and spent a ton (yes, the net spend, but we spent a lot) to only just win the title on the last day.

If we went down this year who of our players is going to bring in that kind of money? We've already let Merino, Mitro and Thauvin go, no one is going to touch our midfield with a bargepole other than maybe a side that's just been promoted. Maybe sub £10m fees for the likes of Perez and Shelvey, and if Lejeune can stay fit and raise his profile you'd get Janmaat money for him. Lascelles was our cash cow, and the way BT Sport were talking about him during the last two games he might still have enough of a reputation to get a decent fee, but it's not going to be the £25m we were talking about during previous rumours. Basically we'd be going down without the war chest, and unless Ashley stuck money in we'd be far from guaranteed promotion, and the longer you're down there the longer you stay.

The only positive argument for relegation is that Ashley might sell for a lower fee, but even that depends on funding a buyer who'd want a Championship club which is far less attractive than the crazy money you get for 17th in the Premier League.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:32 am

Reports that Hayden has agreed terms with West Brom, but we are refusing to sell until we sign a replacement....meaning he ain't going anywhere
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 am

That is brilliant trolling from the club.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:49 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 am
Luque wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:38 am

Thanks Jim.
Here just because I pulled you up on a gobshitery post you made about a month ago doesn't mean you have to continue to be a ****, Now you may be about 15 though that your username is a player who played for us 10 years ago would suggest that you're an adult.

So please stop being an arsehole and replying with smartarse comments to all my posts and act your age ;)
Genuinely taken aback by the first sentence. I actually have no idea what post you pulled me up on, fyi.

Soz ITK.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:28 am

<ok>

I pulled you up your comments about Rafa's transfers when you said none of them have actually worked for the club.
When I pulled you up on that you started this little vendetta against my posts.

p.s. sorry for the late reply on this.

p.p.s. Happy to end any feud between us now though <cheers>
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:15 pm

€15m fee agreed for Defrel???
I'll Hazard a guess