NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:38 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:27 am
Divock Origi available for €20m in January.

Also more talk of Matia Destro from Bologna
€20m? That's us out then.

Tbh he had a very poor loan spell last season and can't get a look in at Liverpool now so I'd steer clear. I've got a mate who's a big Liverpool fan and apparently there are big question marks over his attitude too.
Yeah I heard this alright.

I'm friends with a kitman from Wolfsburg and he said when he was on loan there he'd complain at the smallest thing.
Supposedly has some superstition were his socks have to folded into a D shape <erm>
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm

ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:04 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Tbh he had a very poor loan spell last season and can't get a look in at Liverpool now so I'd steer clear. I've got a mate who's a big Liverpool fan and apparently there are big question marks over his attitude too.
you've literally described the stereotypical Newcastle purchase
Apart from the €20m price tag you're right <laugh>
lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I'm friends with a kitman from Wolfsburg and he said when he was on loan there he'd complain at the smallest thing.
Supposedly has some superstition were his socks have to folded into a D shape <erm>
Footballers and their superstitions, it's like when some players do stupid things like hopping onto the pitch (I think Sturridge does something like that) <laugh>

You know the kitman, so can he get us some free (or cheap) Wolfsburg shirts <scratch>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm
ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:04 pm

you've literally described the stereotypical Newcastle purchase
lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Footballers and their superstitions, it's like when some players do stupid things like hopping onto the pitch (I think Sturridge does something like that) <laugh>

You know the kitman, so can he get us some free (or cheap) Wolfsburg shirts <scratch>
This is something which kitmen get asked all the time <laugh>

Clubs are usually very strict with official kits. Most players actually only get 4 jerseys a year (per jerseys) 2 short and 2 long sleeve.

If they tear them or give them to the crowd they have to purchase a new one themselves.

Believe me player jerseys cost a lot more then replica jerseys to make and even though most players can afford to replace them it does piss off the club when they do it.

I know of a player in the League of Ireland who was used to constantly throw his into the crowd after games he went through 20 jerseys in a season cost him close 8k
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:43 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:40 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 pm

This is something which kitmen get asked all the time <laugh>

Clubs are usually very strict with official kits. Most players actually only get 4 jerseys a year (per jerseys) 2 short and 2 long sleeve.

If they tear them or give them to the crowd they have to purchase a new one themselves.

Believe me player jerseys cost a lot more then replica jerseys to make and even though most players can afford to replace them it does piss off the club when they do it.

I know of a player in the League of Ireland who was used to constantly throw his into the crowd after games he went through 20 jerseys in a season cost him close 8k
Yeah I can see the financial issue for smaller clubs, but with the amount of money that big clubs generate the club should just tell the players to give their shirt to a kid in the crowd at the end of most games. The cost of the shirt is nothing to a club like Man U, Man C, Bayern, Real etc. but it'll be cherished (or sold <laugh>) by the kid receiving it.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:46 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:43 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:40 pm
Yeah I can see the financial issue for smaller clubs, but with the amount of money that big clubs generate the club should just tell the players to give their shirt to a kid in the crowd at the end of most games. The cost of the shirt is nothing to a club like Man U, Man C, Bayern, Real etc. but it'll be cherished (or sold <laugh>) by the kid receiving it.
Of course the bigger clubs can afford it alright but still doesn't mean they encourage it.

Most eilte clubs the players jerseys are actually tailor fitted and then ordered obviously doing that for a 25 man squad is a lot of time and cost (hence why clubs only make 4 per jersey)

Add into the case shorts, socks, under armour too plus keeper gear the kitman actually has a busy enough job he doesn't want having to replace jerseys on a weekly occurrence part of the job.
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:55 pm

So you're saying no then?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Don't think origi is the answer, not at all. Unless the question is how best to waste 17 mil. Then he might only be top three
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:58 pm

That's the scary thing isn't it, all this talk of breaking our transfer record but £20m players are **** these days. As much as people soured on Graeme Carr eventually some of those bargain bits of scouting were outstanding.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:14 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm
Don't think origi is the answer, not at all. Unless the question is how best to waste 17 mil. Then he might only be top three
There are other unearthed Belgian talents out there.

Have I ever mentioned the name Jelle Vossen <ski> before?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:21 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:14 pm
CIH wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm
There are other unearthed Belgian talents out there.

Have I ever mentioned the name Jelle Vossen <ski> before?
Is he still knocking about? Didn't do much when he was in this country before, I think you can stop dreaming <laugh>

Although you did remind me to be mad at Lassinblanc <fist> <fist>

Welbeck picked up what looks like a nasty injury tonight, always said he'd be someone worth looking at for us. Contract nearly out, injury prone and not exactly a prolific scorer. Perfect target for us to fail with a loan bid come Jan.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:21 am

Shame for Welbeck, but the BBC reporting it as a ‘big blow’ for Arsenal and England is a big exaggeration!

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:21 am
Shame for Welbeck, but the BBC reporting it as a ‘big blow’ for Arsenal and England is a big exaggeration!
doesnt he have a history of being crocked

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:26 pm

We need to be officially linked with Jean Philippe Mateta <ski>

He's my new Vossen <ski>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Not exactly a link, but on Soccer Saturday they were saying we should be going in for Bradley Dack from Blackburn, i honestly wouldnt mind taking a punt on him as competition for Perez at no.10

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:53 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 pm
Not exactly a link, but on Soccer Saturday they were saying we should be going in for Bradley Dack from Blackburn, i honestly wouldnt mind taking a punt on him as competition for Perez at no.10
IMO we need someone much more proven, we can’t risk another lightweight. Can’t claim to know who that would be but it should be someone who’s playing in one of the top leagues in Europe and has scores or assists at least 10-15 goals each season.
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:03 am

Dack likes to play in the hole I think (don’t we all) and has a record of 1 in 2 for Blackburn, albeit a lot of that at League One level. For the right price could be worth a go as some can make the step up, but yeah I’d like to take someone like that in addition to someone more proven at the top level.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:53 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
IMO we need someone much more proven, we can’t risk another lightweight. Can’t claim to know who that would be but it should be someone who’s playing in one of the top leagues in Europe and has scores or assists at least 10-15 goals each season.
Completely agree, but the way our club is run there isn't a chance we are going to be able to get someone at that level of quality, so we might just have to take some risks on players.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:53 am
Don Sholeone wrote:

Thorgan Hazard <fist>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Linked with Yacine Brahimi from Porto
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:27 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:45 pm
Linked with Yacine Brahimi from Porto
Available on a free, could actually happen then.

Any news on Hazard? <roll>