NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:42 am

As I stated in an earlier post he wants to move close to his partner and child who as far as I know live in Chelmsford so most London clubs would be ideal for him.

I had said Fulham would be most likely surprised by Palace alright.

I say the reason he didn't move last year is because we didn't have a replacement for him
I'll Hazard a guess

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:29 am

Speedo wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:18 am
Today in Transfers That Will Never Happen:

The Mirror say we’re looking to sign Mario Balotelli.

Can you imagine a less likely Rafa signing? Because I’m struggling.
I had the first custom w***

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:43 am

He'd much rather have Joselu.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm

What does Lee Ryder actually do other than look for stories / make things up about NUFC every day <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:28 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm
What does Lee Ryder actually do other than look for stories / make things up about NUFC every day <laugh>
Makes prank calls to the club.

Ryder: *Franglais accent* Allo allo! Tis I. Papa Pogba. Avez vous any monai pour my child Paul?
Club: f*** off Lee

Ryder: *Faux American accent* Yeehaw! Ima rootin tootin Atlanta soccer club owner from the good ol US of A. You boys wanna buy a player from me?
Club: Lee. You. Are. A. t***.

Ryder: *dubious Arab accent* I am Sheik Al An Shaih Rah. I have too much oil money. Is it too late to make a £300 million bid for your football club or have you agreed to to sell it?
Club: Just f*** off and polish your head Lee.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Best part of football manager is always the transfer windows and rejigging your s***.

Hayden obviously still wants to leave.

In a world of simulation, I'd try and negotiate a deal with Palace where we give them a cheaper deal for Hayden(HG-) in exchange for Joel Ward (HG+). Gives us a good option at right back, a bit of extra height and could play right side of a back 3. He's only made 2 league appearances so far this season and is currently fit

Means your only use for Manquillo is then as a stand in left wing back. Try and get some form of deal which sees him leave with a permanent fee (optimistic).

The biggest problem with speculating with Newcastle is we don't know what we have available. If you're Man Utd, you just go and buy who you want because they're within your budget.

Oleksandr Zinchenko was linked with a move to Wolves in the summer for £17m or something, that was off the back of some impressive performances last season. He has just fallen behind a central defender in the pecking order at left back. Whether or not that decreases his value to Man City, I have no idea. Could we scrape pennies together to fund a move for Zinchenko? Alternatively, perhaps a move for Tyrone Mings would be more realistic. Think we were linked with him before his move to Bournemouth. Versatile at left back and centre half. Certainly a cheaper option than Zinchenko.

Danny Drinkwater's wage demands rule him out. Barely used by Chelsea since signing. Mo Elneny a tidy midfielder, grows our profile in the Arabic world, mainly Egypt - should be affordable. Went to Arsenal for around £11m. Maybe they'd be happy to break even on that transfer?

Suggestions also that Vincent Wanyama is available to leave Spurs. He also went there for £11m(ish) and the fact that they're actively trying to sell him might reduce his price.

Looking ahead into the summer... I assume we're wanting to make Rondon's deal permanent - try and get then done now and allows you to loan another player domestically. Possibly Vincent Janssen from Spurs with an option to buy (£12m plus addons obv because that's the most we can spend).

Those changes mean we'd have at least 6 players who could play in the centre of defence, so probably better off getting rid of 1 option in there. Clark is the first name that springs to mind, though a Lascelles transfer fee might fund my speculative business.

Dubravka
Darlow (HG)
Woodman (HG)
-------------------
Yedlin
Ward (HG)
Dummett (HG)
Lascelles (HG)
Fernandez
Lejeune
Schar
Clark (HG)
Zinchenko or Mings (HG)
-------------------
Kenedy (Loan)
Murphy (HG)
Atsu
Ritchie (HG)
Shelvey (HG)
Ki
Diame
Wanyama
Elneny
--------------------
Perez
Muto
Rondon (Perm)
Janssen (Loan)
--------------------

Still missing a good no. 10 but most likely that'll come from abroad and didn't want to speculate on transfers of players who have no experience in the league else it will lead to suggestions of some absolute nobody from Brazil who's class on FM.

Total spend... £44m. NO CHANCE.
£14m - Zinch or £11m - Mings
£11m - Elneny
£11m - Wanyama
£8m - Rondon

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:06 pm

4 goals in 16 games in Turkey for Janssen last season, wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole. Would rather keep Rondon. I don't think Elneny or Wanyama are particularly realistic given they're probably on quite good money. Wanyama is rumoured to be on £70k per week and Elneny £55k, and with Arsenal losing Ramsey soon they'll want numbers in midfield. Plus neither would want to leave a CL team for a relegation threatened team.

Unfortunately players who can't get a game for Palace or Bournemouth are the type of players that we could realistically sign. So Mings and Ward as the examples you gave. How utterly depressing.

Ideally we'd have the funds to go out and target the likes of Drinkwater, Loftus-Cheek etc. but under Ashley no chance.

I can't wait for us to sign Jason Puncheon on deadline day <urgh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:12 pm

As we speak it looks like Bournemouth are taking Clyne on loan from Liverpool so perhaps it will free up one of their defenders who can't get a game for them to come and star for us...

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Put a bid in for Josh Maja, just to f***ing wind that lot up.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Well the point that West Brom wanted was it 15m for Rondon as part of buyout clause now expired he'll cost more then 8m.

As Rafa stated if you want to buy a PL striker you are starting at at least 15m (i know given how I defended Joselu yesterday this comes across as rich)

As you be talking FM I actually started a Newcastle save last night

Our squad isn't actually that bad in computer game form as in it's well balanced position wise

2 decent keepers in Dubravka and Darlow with Woodman a potential star with the right guidance (gone on loan to Derby), Elliot is still there too of course and is capable backup to the two D's if really needed (Even though I'm trying to shift him)

Only position you really need someone is leftback as Dummett is quite injury prone I brought in Jetro Willems from Frankfurt for 8m

Centre backs are all very good and capable probably only Clark being the weak link but I've decided to keep him for the time being as he is good voice in the hierarchy.

Sold Javi Manquillo to Russia replaced him Conor Roberts from Swansea can play both right and wing backs support roles at at 22 has time to improve also home grown

Diame even though he is again quite decent in game went out too for around 10m replaced him with Oliver Nctham from Celtic, Shelvey, Ki, Hayden (who is again pretty decent in game as a defensive mid) and longstaff all compete.

Brought in Unai Lopez on loan to be backup to Perez who is superb as a second striker. Ritchie and Murphy* at right hand side and Kenedy and Atsu on the left

Rondon, Muto are very good too in game, I've replaced Joselu with Miguel Borja from Palmerias

So overall my 25 man squad is as follows

1 Dubravka
2 Darlow (HG)
3 Eliott (HG)
4 Dummett (CHG)
5 Willems
6 Lascelles (HG)
7 Clark (HG)
8 Schar
9 Fernandez
10 Yedlin
11 Roberts (HG)
12 Ntcham (HG)
13 Shelvey (HG)
14 Hayden (HG)
15 Unai Lopez
16 Perez
17 Rondon
18 Atsu
19 Ritchie (HG)
20 Murphy (HG)
21 Muto
22 Kenedy
23 Ki
24 Lejuene
25 Borja
I'll Hazard a guess

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:12 pm
As we speak it looks like Bournemouth are taking Clyne on loan from Liverpool so perhaps it will free up one of their defenders who can't get a game for them to come and star for us...
I think they have an injury crisis in defence so I doubt they'll be letting anyone go. Stanislas had to play RB midweek as they had no fit alternative.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:51 pm

TJR wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:49 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I think they have an injury crisis in defence so I doubt they'll be letting anyone go. Stanislas had to play RB midweek as they had no fit alternative.
That explains the 3-3 v Watford then!

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:56 pm

TJR wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
A reminder of the good old days - that time we played with 4 RBs against Norwich <awe>

Krul
Raylor Simpson Perch Santon
I had the first custom w***

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Speedo wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:56 pm
TJR wrote:

A reminder of the good old days - that time we played with 4 RBs against Norwich <awe>

Krul
Oh the good old days <applause>
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Speedo wrote:
TJR wrote:

Krul
And got thumped if I remember correctly <laugh>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 pm
Speedo wrote:

Krul
4-2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 015486.stm
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:38 pm

All from crosses I believe.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 pm
Speedo wrote:

Krul
I was at that game. Once the team was announced I told my mates from Norwich they'd win.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Solanke going to Bournemouth for €19m shows how much you have to pay for players nowadays
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:01 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:54 pm
Solanke going to Bournemouth for €19m shows how much you have to pay for players nowadays
Whereas I was happy to justify Abraham’s £18m price tag, that is ridiculous.