NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2019)

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:21 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:54 pm
Solanke going to Bournemouth for €19m shows how much you have to pay for players nowadays
I really don't know why clubs have let it get this way? For business people it's pretty baffling that they've let player transfer fee inflation run wild. Superstar players go for 100m, great players for 50m, good players for 25m, and mediocre ones for 10m, with owners just passing giant fees down through the food chain, with ultimately the players and agents just taking bigger cuts over time. All fees have basically gone up tenfold over a generation, despite it being an artificial commodity/market.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:14 pm

I think that to an extent that inflated transfer fees don’t matter that much to PL clubs. Yes they often pay a lot for average players but they make equally as much by selling so it’s a bit of a statusquo really. Take Bournemouth, they’re spending £19m on Solanke but if they ever sold someone like Ake or Brooks who has done well this season then they get stupid money back. Doesn’t make it less bonkers but I guess that in some ways clubs don’t lose as such. For me it is more surprising the fees that agents and players are taking (as you mention), but until clubs collectively say no (which won’t happen) then that won’t change.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:04 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:14 pm
I think that to an extent that inflated transfer fees don’t matter that much to PL clubs. Yes they often pay a lot for average players but they make equally as much by selling so it’s a bit of a statusquo really. Take Bournemouth, they’re spending £19m on Solanke but if they ever sold someone like Ake or Brooks who has done well this season then they get stupid money back. Doesn’t make it less bonkers but I guess that in some ways clubs don’t lose as such. For me it is more surprising the fees that agents and players are taking (as you mention), but until clubs collectively say no (which won’t happen) then that won’t change.
The alternative (which Newcastle should really be able to do) is to become a conveyer belt of talent, whether that be from the North East, North West, Scotland, Scandinavia... there's a fair population at our disposable that the club simply isn't making the most of. Transfers in should be to supplement those coming through our academy, not 100% of what we have.

More people live in the North East than live in the Basque country. Difference is, 1 club invests heavily and creates young players and the other dismantled theirs.

-------

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 am

Apparently we've bid €8m for some French left back. Read it on Twitter. Probably Chronicle. Probably bollocks.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:57 am

Chappy wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 am
Apparently we've bid €8m for some French left back. Read it on Twitter. Probably Chronicle. Probably bollocks.
He has terrible teeth
I had the first custom w***

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:26 am

Speedo wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:57 am
Chappy wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 am
He has terrible teeth
<laugh>

And today from SSN - Carroll/Shelvey swap deal with West Ham <laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:46 am

Question : If Graeme Carr was still involved in transfers, would we have assembled a better squad?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Luque wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:46 am
Question : If Graeme Carr was still involved in transfers, would we have assembled a better squad?
Answer: No. Although he might've got a few more pennies out of Ashley.
I had the first custom w***

Sime11
Wood's Touch

Post by Sime11 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:31 am

I read that Balotelli was also rumoured to us... surely not?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:52 am

That rumour has already been shut down by Rafa. Load of bollocks.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:46 pm

Being linked to Miha Zajc. 24 year old Slovenian number 10 playing in Italy. Scored 8 and assisted 16 last season, albiet in the second division. Got a handful of international caps. And crucially, is thought to be available for around 5m. Sounds like a likely alternative to Almiron. Us and Huddersfield supposedly registered an interest.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:13 pm

Cheap, don’t think he’s done much this season looking at his stats.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:34 am

An alternative approach the club could take - if the only way Benitez gets money is if he signs a new deal and he refuses to do so, is to go out and buy potential from the Championship.

Here's my list - bookmark it and tell me where these players are in 5 years.

Ezri Konsa - showed promise last season at Charlton and got a move to Brentford. Can play right back or central defender but he'll probably cost £7m+ now.

Andre Dozzell - Ipswich are f***ing trash and he's only played 10 times in the league this season. 19y/o midfielder, son of Jason Dozzell, has represented England at u16 to u20 level. Definitely a player who could go somewhere.

Marcus Tavernier - his brother could probably still do a job for us. Barely used by Pulis, an exciting young winger, though our proximity to Boro will make him too expensive.

Jamal Lewis - remember him playing against Chelsea last season for Norwich in the FA Cup at left midfield. He was pretty impressive. He has played pretty much every game so far for Norwich and can play anywhere up the left hand side. A long term option at left back for us, maybe?

Ben Pearson - one of the best destructive midfielders in the country, in my opinion. If he's not getting booked, then your team probably has possession. Older than my other suggestions, think it's only a matter of time before he makes a move into the Premier League.

Saido Berahino - please, hear me out. IF you can get him focused on playing, give him a bit of belief and show that you beleive in him he can definitely be a solid option for many Premier League teams. His move to Stoke has been truly woeful for him and his career. For the right price, giving him a lifeline would be worth it, in my opinion - if just to be an option off the bench.

Josh Tymon - similar to Dozzell. He'll be a future England left back, in my opinion.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:04 am

Can’t comment on most of those as never heard of them, although I broadly agree with the principle as there are some excellent players in the Championship.

But I would not touch Berahino with a barge pole. Shown at WBA and Stoke that his attitude is awful, he’s no more than a one season wonder and that was probably a good four years ago now.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:26 am

Zajc is a decent little player I remember seeing him play for Olimpia 3 years ago.
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Isco is struggling for game time at Real Madrid and looking to move, he could do a reasonable job for us <roll>

We should also rival Man C, PSG and Bayern for Dybala, he could take Joselu's place on the bench. Juventus would sell for around £125m <roll>

If only real life were as easy as transfers on FIFA.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Brahim Díaz gone to Real Madrid for 15m that's 1m per appearance he made for City over the last 3 years once again transfers gone mad
I'll Hazard a guess

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:14 pm
Oh exactly, everyone is just seemingly netting out the same because as soon as they make a killing on a sale they get held over a barrel when they want to buy. I guess I'm just used to the the North American league cabals that ensure the owners all collude together to suppress escalation like this, plus most have a salary cap that requires more careful management of assets and evaluation.

Ultimately, in all of this they're just moving more money around from one pot to another, while the players and agents take a huge cut. Which isn't to say I feel bad for these super rich owners, I don't want more money in their pockets, I'm just continually surprised they so gladly drive their costs up.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:53 pm

That’s our business done for Jan.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm

.......and having Lejeune back from injury is like having a new signing.