Match day thread - NUFC v Brighton

thedeludedfannymagnet2
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v Brighton

Post by thedeludedfannymagnet2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Off to find a huddersfield super stream with no hanging fgs!

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:02 pm

That was a 6 pointer we couldn't afford to lose.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:03 pm

After 9 games we have 2 points. The record-setting Derby team of 07/08 had 5 by now, 3 courtesy of a certain Newcastle United. <diva>

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:06 pm

[quote=PTAO? post_id=849442 time=1540051277 user_id=128]
[quote=gawalls post_id=849436 time=1540051120 user_id=1731]

You expect bottom? I know Ashley's to blame but I'm sick to death of rafa being bullet proof.
[/quote]

Not saying he's bulletproof at all, but I think we'd struggle with Alex f***ing Ferguson with these players.
[/quote]

. We wouldn't, we wouldn't be in the top half but we wouldn't be getting cut adrift bottom. Fergie proved over the years he can win a game on tactics from the bench by changing things and building tactics around the squad rather than having to build a squad around his tactics as Rafa does.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:06 pm

I forgotten we were playing today, saw the scoe, opposition and wasn't at all surprised 😔😔

thedeludedfannymagnet2
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by thedeludedfannymagnet2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Cal wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:03 pm
After 9 games we have 2 points. The record-setting Derby team of 07/08 had 5 by now, 3 courtesy of a certain Newcastle United. <diva>
I remember that ... <laugh>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm

gawalls wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:00 pm
I genuinely would love us to try and bring Houghton back but I know he won't leave Brighton.

I reckon he's very loyal to anyone that stands by him.
Never mind loyalty, he'd have to be f***ing stupid to leave Brighton and work for Ashley again. I mean some of our fans still don't know his name...

Horrible again, if that's how we're going to play at home against teams we expect to be around then we might as well just give up now. The quality may not be there, but these are players Rafa has signed to fit his system (even if they are his 3rd or 4th choice for the position) and they look like they don't even speak to each other between games let alone train. Shapeless, tactically inept, and once again an utter lack of reaction to anything that happens in the game.

Special bonus points for the thick cunts booing the paramedics carrying the stretcher and the three players who snatched it away. Stretchers aren't magic, it didn't need to be there to bring him back to life.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Ashley gambled by not giving Benitez what he needed and we're now bottom of the league without a hope of staying up as things stand.

He needs to sell up and f*** off, three relegations in 10 years and he still doesn't get what he's doing wrong. Unbelievable.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm

gawalls wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:06 pm
PTAO? wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:01 pm
Not saying he's bulletproof at all, but I think we'd struggle with Alex f***ing Ferguson with these players.
. We wouldn't, we wouldn't be in the top half but we wouldn't be getting cut adrift bottom. Fergie proved over the years he can win a game on tactics from the bench by changing things and building tactics around the squad rather than having to build a squad around his tactics as Rafa does.
Have you seen our bench?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm
gawalls wrote:
I genuinely would love us to try and bring Houghton back but I know he won't leave Brighton.

Horrible again, if that's how we're going to play at home against teams we expect to be around then we might as well just give up now. The quality may not be there, but these are players Rafa has signed to fit his system (even if they are his 3rd or 4th choice for the position) and they look like they don't even speak to each other between games let alone train. Shapeless, tactically inept, and once again an utter lack of reaction to anything that happens in the
Maybe because the players are s***? Who else could he have realistically signed for £9m that is a massive upgrade on Muto? Where was the money to upgrade Perez?

If you pay Championship prices you'll play like you belong in that division and that's exactly what we're seeing. I wouldn't be arsed if Benitez left because I think he's done mentally with it all and the players know that and at this stage it's clearly harming us. But it's not going to be any better with any other manager willing to take this job, I guarantee it.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Heisen wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:17 pm
Colly wrote:

Horrible again, if that's how we're going to play at home against teams we expect to be around then we might as well just give up now. The quality may not be there, but these are players Rafa has signed to fit his system (even if they are his 3rd or 4th choice for the position) and they look like they don't even speak to each other between games let alone train. Shapeless, tactically inept, and once again an utter lack of reaction to anything that happens in the
Maybe because the players are s***? Who else could he have realistically signed for £9m that is a massive upgrade on Muto? Where was the money to upgrade Perez?

If you pay Championship prices you'll play like you belong in that division and that's exactly what we're seeing. I wouldn't be arsed if Benitez left because I think he's done mentally with it all and the players know that and at this stage it's clearly harming us. But it's not going to be any better with any other manager willing to take this job, I guarantee it.
Agree completely.

We have a garbage squad. Sure some players are quality on their day, but we have absolutely no room for injury, poor form or tactical flexibility.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Colly wrote:
gawalls wrote:

Never mind loyalty, he'd have to be f***ing stupid to leave Brighton and work for Ashley again. I mean some of our fans still don't know his name...

Horrible again, if that's how we're going to play at home against teams we expect to be around then we might as well just give up now. The quality may not be there, but these are players Rafa has signed to fit his system (even if they are his 3rd or 4th choice for the position) and they look like they don't even speak to each other between games let alone train. Shapeless, tactically inept, and once again an utter lack of reaction to anything that happens in the game.

Special bonus points for the thick cronuts booing the paramedics carrying the stretcher and the three players who snatched it away. Stretchers aren't magic, it didn't need to be there to bring him back to life.
That was an auto correct error, you have to bear with me as I'm not with it today - I'm epileptic and had a seizure this morning.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:31 pm

"52000 scabs."

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:39 pm

So, Rafa equals his own record of 5 successive home defeats in the Premier League era.

I, for one, am beginning to lose faith!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Just seen that score, also saw we dominated statistically on everything but goals, did we play well and get unlucky or did we never look like getting anything from our play.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:48 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:39 pm
So, Rafa equals his own record of 5 successive home defeats in the Premier League era.

I, for one, am beginning to lose faith!
Also - it's Newcastle's worse start ever. A lot of records being set this season.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:44 pm
Just seen that score, also saw we dominated statistically on everything but goals, did we play well and get unlucky or did we never look like getting anything from our play.
Brighton scored, sat back and defended and let us dictate play and come onto them. That's why statistics are in our favour.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:

They scored from pretty much their only shot on goal, which took a double deflection on the way in, keeper didn't have a chance.

We were the better team without ever actually looking good or playing well ... they were just worse. But we were terrible in the final third and never looked like scoring.

I'd say the result was harsh on us but there is no denying that we look like relegation fodder.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:51 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:

They scored from pretty much their only shot on goal, which took a double deflection on the way in, keeper didn't have a chance.

We were the better team without ever actually looking good or playing well ... they were just worse. But we were terrible in the final third and never looked like scoring.

I'd say the result was harsh on us but there is no denying that we look like relegation fodder.
Mote than just fodder, certainties for the drop at this rate but at least that means Mike will be able to keep his hands in his pockets come January.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Luque wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:31 pm
"52000 scabs."
Not only is this getting tiresome it's not even accurate. :/