Wolves (h) Boycott Postponed

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Protest Plans

Post by Colly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:12 pm

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/wont-boycot ... rebuttals/

I saw this on twitter earlier and I felt that they'd left the most important one til last (the first two are just silly, and a symptom of fanzine and Magpie Group people getting caught up in their own self importance. Most match goers don't know or care what you think, regardless of noises on Twitter) before not properly addressing it. The only way Ashley can sell the club is if someone stumps up the money to buy it. It really is that simple.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:35 pm

And I can't think embarrassing protests are going to attract prospective ownership groups. It may not throw them off, but it won't help.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:27 pm

So has the planned 11th minute protest at the West Ham match died a death? Hopefully it has, let’s build on the last three games rather than having this potentially sidetracking things.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Got a ticket for Saturday but won't be missing the first 11 minutes although, as I'm driving, I won't be having that extra pint so stick that Ashley!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:42 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:13 pm
Got a ticket for Saturday but won't be missing the first 11 minutes although, as I'm driving, I won't be having that extra pint so stick that Ashley!
I'd be doing the same. I'm all for the 'support the team hate the regime' approach, this protests hinders the team and supports the regime (you can guarantee some people will buy their extra pint in the ground...kind of stupid).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm going to go 11 minutes early and pretend to be confused.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Colly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:04 pm
I'm going to go 11 minutes early and pretend to be confused.
To be fair they'll probably be the best 11 minutes!

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:27 pm
So has the planned 11th minute protest at the West Ham match died a death? Hopefully it has, let’s build on the last three games rather than having this potentially sidetracking things.
Seems like it's still happening. https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ike-ashley

I'm back in Newcastle now so will be going to the match, I'm still undecided if I'll partake but I'm edging towards taking my seat for kick off as normal.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm

TJR wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:33 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:27 pm
Seems like it's still happening. https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ike-ashley

I'm back in Newcastle now so will be going to the match, I'm still undecided if I'll partake but I'm edging towards taking my seat for kick off as normal.
The loyalty is too strong in this club... for its own ****ing good.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm
TJR wrote:

Disagree entirely. Support the team inside the stadium on match days and protest outside or elsewhere. As if things like this make even an ounce of difference. I’d rather a full house backing the team from k/o personally.

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:21 am

If we go one up inside 5 mins watch everyone scramble to their seats

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:01 am

Oval85 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm
TJR wrote:

Possibly. I'm just not sure this is the right way to go about things. What exactly does it achieve?

A half empty stadium for the first 11 minutes would be a statement highlighting our frustration with Ashleys ownership. However it is something everyone is very aware of, including all the media and Ashley himself. All it says is that we're fed up with Mike Ashley, no news there. Also it has no impact on Ashley, he's not going to care if we don't watch the first 11 minutes.

Whereas I can more clearly see what going in as normal and backing the team achieves. We've just won 3 in a row. West Ham aren't exactly great. This is very winnable. Getting behind the lads from minute 1 to minute 90 and creating a loud and positive atmosphere gives us the best chance of winning.

Though the flip side is that I agree with the intentions of TMG and although this isn't the best idea at least they're doing something.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. I'll decide a few minutes before kick off if I'll take my seat before 11 minutes or not.

This will have a massive impact on the boycott as well. If the stadium is only half full then the boycott may have legs. If it's more than half full then they should just call it off.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:37 pm

I purposely only started following from the 12th minute and now I'm bloody furious.

#RafAshOut

#GetArryOutJungleNow

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:03 pm

I considered leaving 11 minutes early, does that count?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:27 pm

Can't entry 11 mins after the kick off but can leave 10 mins before the end of the game... And Watford game will be probably sold out.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:11 pm

Literally who cares about these protests? Even if we had a game where not one person showed up it would be at best £750k lost to Ashley. He already knows that every supporter doesn’t want him here. Coming in 11 minutes late will do f*** all to sway his decision. He will sell when an offer matching his valuation comes in, simple as that. Any efforts to speed things up are futile. They’ve been tried and tested and proven not to work. Einstein’s definition of madness springs to mind; we seem to be going out of our way and cutting our noses off to spite our face, in order to try the same thing over and over again. The choice is to sacrifice 2-5 years of lower league football by creating a relegation atmosphere (probably to get a relatively poor owner in when we languish in Division 2 or 3) or to stick with Ashley (and hope for someone to realise we have bags of potential to be exploited).

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Mentioned nothing about protest on MOTD
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:25 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm
Which is fair enough as it didn’t look like a significant number of people partook in it.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:52 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:25 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm
Which is fair enough as it didn’t look like a significant number of people partook in it.
I was at the game and to me the "protest" was hardly noticeable.

In hindsight I wish I had stayed out for the full 90 minutes!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:22 am

Couple of hundred maybe. Noticeable by the number of people walking in, but not by looking at gaps in the crowd.