Wolves (h) Boycott Postponed

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Protest Plans

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 am

11 years of stagnation and you lot (not you lot on here but a collective fans who are at the match) can't bare to miss just 11 minutes of the match to support a protest.

get a f***ing grip. truly pathetic.

you've all got what you (collective you) deserve, s****.

'real' fans would do anything to allow their beloved club to reach it's potential. supporting the team to a 10th place finish isn't it's potential, so as cute as it is for you lot to support the team not the regime all the time, you're part of the problem.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:01 am

Football doesn’t neee fans (financially speaking) to survive so It wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to Ashley if fans stayed away for entire matches, let alone a pointlessly embarrassing 11 minutes.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 am

Me walking in 11 minutes late (or not going next week, which I'm also not going to do) isn't going to make Ashley lower his asking price. It's a nonsense.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:45 pm

I think the Magpie Group have turned a lot of people off due to their rhetoric. Going in with a tone that suggests 'if you don't support us or the protests you obviously don't care and like Ashley' is ludicrous. There's no professionalism, they're acting like they're the spokesman for over 50,000 people while in reality they maybe represent a 50th (at most) of that number.

I even seen some yesterday criticising those of us who don't go to games as not being allowed an opinion. I work full time and have my kids on a weekend which essentially means my match going days are over and done with for now. But that now means I'm not as much a supporter as anyone else? To me the whole thing has been turned into a lobbing contest and it's actually quite pathetic.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 am
Me walking in 11 minutes late (or not going next week, which I'm also not going to do) isn't going to make Ashley lower his asking price. It's a nonsense.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting it will. I do think regular coverage and displays of fan unrest is better than unwavering loyalty no matter what happens, however.

Take the boycott planned for the next home game, if the stadium is half empty it’s news, it’ll make headlines. It puts a spotlight on Ashley and the club and for all it doesn’t force him to do anything we know he doesn’t like the attention. After failed attempts in the past it’s again been arranged for a televised game so that fans don’t miss out. All the magpie group etc can do is provide the chance for fans to band together to show discontent and it’s a shame that for one game we can’t.

I won’t call fans for not taking part as it’s their right to do as they wish but I also personally don’t feel that it’s a badge to wear and some form of ‘superiority’ against those with the bedsheets that you won’t not attend a game either. (Not you in particular, but I feel there is that sort of attitude by fans who won’t take part - it works both ways that everyone is entitled to do what they think is best).

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:54 pm

As someone who vowed not to go back and personally boycotted the last 5 home games of the season in the final season of my season ticket, it's pathetic that people can't be arsed to missed 11 minutes.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm

TBC wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:50 pm
Colly wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 am
I don’t think anyone is suggesting it will. I do think regular coverage and displays of fan unrest is better than unwavering loyalty no matter what happens, however.

Take the boycott planned for the next home game, if the stadium is half empty it’s news, it’ll make headlines. It puts a spotlight on Ashley and the club and for all it doesn’t force him to do anything we know he doesn’t like the attention. After failed attempts in the past it’s again been arranged for a televised game so that fans don’t miss out. All the magpie group etc can do is provide the chance for fans to band together to show discontent and it’s a shame that for one game we can’t.

I won’t call fans for not taking part as it’s their right to do as they wish but I also personally don’t feel that it’s a badge to wear and some form of ‘superiority’ against those with the bedsheets that you won’t not attend a game either. (Not you in particular, but I feel there is that sort of attitude by fans who won’t take part - it works both ways that everyone is entitled to do what they think is best).
<ok>

The division among fans is really unhelpful, and the one thing I was pleased with yesterday was the lack of antagonism between the 11 minuters and the rest.

I do disagree though on your view that Ashley doesn't like the attention, I think he's completely indifferent to it. It might hurt his feelings a smidge but it won't affect his decision making.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:34 am

I was looking at when Man Utd tickets go on sale as I'm buying a few extras, and thought I'd have a glance at how the Wolves ticket sales were going. I don't think it's going to be much of a boycott, unless people are buying them to not go.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:09 am

Colly wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:34 am
I was looking at when Man Utd tickets go on sale as I'm buying a few extras, and thought I'd have a glance at how the Wolves ticket sales were going. I don't think it's going to be much of a boycott, unless people are buying them to not go.
It doesn't seem to have gained much traction at all. Mainly it seems to be people on Twitter who are pro-boycott having a go at any fan who happens to have a different viewpoint to their own.

Personally I don't care if people want to stay away, that's their choice. But don't hammer others who want to support the team when they're on the pitch.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:54 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm
Mentioned nothing about protest on MOTD
The camera zoomed in on a handful of people walking in late to their seats and commentary acknowledged it - though in a pretty dismissive way noting how few appeared to be doing it. Billionaires don't buy 300m sports clubs from other billionaires because people vocally complain about the existing billionaire.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Should go the french approach of things 🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷🥖

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Apparently Sundays' protest has been postponed until February, after the transfer winfow closes, due to Ashleys' statement regarding the sale of the club.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:34 pm
Apparently Sundays' protest has been postponed until February, after the transfer winfow closes, due to Ashleys' statement regarding the sale of the club.
You mean somebody maybe thought that if there's a chance there are potential buyers, they would rather see people in seats than empty ones? Crazy <erm>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:35 pm

UlversToon wrote:
We should all chant Ashley's name to show the American investors how much we really appreciate owners.

Yanks love it when you chant.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Or because it had gained very little / no traction?

Good news.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Embarrassing.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm

The revolution will be televised postponed

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:39 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm
The revolution will be televised postponed
<laugh>

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Re: Wolves (h) Boycott Postponed

Post by TJR » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Magpie Group Statement:
TMG wrote:Wolves (h) Boycott Postponed

In light of recent developments concerning a potential takeover of the club in the very near future, members of The Magpie Group have taken the opportunity to re-evaluate its proposed boycott of Newcastle United’s home game against Wolverhampton Wanderers this Sunday.

After careful consideration, and following consultation with a number of Newcastle fans across the divide, we have decided to postpone the boycott to a later date; a provisional date has been set for United’s home game against Huddersfield Town in February. This decision has not been taken lightly and was made in response to Mike Ashley’s appearance on Sky News on Monday night and further revelations in the media since. Although we continue to have very deep reservations about Mike Ashley’s resolve to sell Newcastle United Football Club, we understand that any protest activity which could have a negative implication on Sunday’s result could jeopardise the potential sale of the Club.

Alongside this, we will be suspending all protest activity at Newcastle United games until after the closure of the January transfer window. This suspension period is designed to allow Mike Ashley and any potential investors a clear run at reaching a deal, an outcome which, needless to say, provided the stimulus for the inception of The Magpie Group in the first place. Our decision is also intended to preclude Keith Bishop Associates from laying the blame at the door of supporters if a sale does not come to pass. If a takeover has not been completed by the end of this period, then protest activity will resume at the away game against Tottenham Hotspur in early February.

Whilst this is the official position of The Magpie Group, we fully recognise and support the right of individuals and groups to protest on Sunday if they wish to do so. Indeed, individual members of the Group are proceeding with their own plans to boycott the game.

Further to this, protest activity aimed at Mike Ashley and his retail interests will continue, and will not cease until the sale of the club has been agreed. To this end, we will continue to work with members of the London Magpie Group, who have done excellent work in trooping the colours and preserving the integrity of Newcastle United fans in the capital recently.

As the Newcastle fanbase keenly observes developments over the next few days and weeks, we truly hope that this is not another false dawn and that, this time, Mike Ashley genuinely wants to sell. We also hope that any potential sale will be a true “clean break”, and that all ties between the Club and Mike Ashley’s retail outlets will be severed upon its completion. If Newcastle United Football Club is subjected to similar circumstances to Rangers Football Club, then The Magpie Group and the London Magpie Group will be left with no choice but to continue targeting Mike Ashley, his retail interests, and his known associates.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Wolves (h) Boycott Postponed

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Credit to the group, they are if nothing else quite convincing at making it sound like they’re a significant group.