Wolves (h) Boycott Postponed

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Protest Plans

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:36 pm

We'll get new owners if we drop to League 1.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:37 pm

Luque wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:36 pm
Not ones that can afford to compete for the top half of the PL.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Swings and roundabouts. They might not have the money to compete in the Premier League, but on the plus side they might be Jimmy Nail.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:37 pm
Luque wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:36 pm
I think the money the other clubs make in the PL actually is enough to compete for the top half, they all earn money!
While we get peanuts and f***ing S*** D***** posters all over the stadium just to remind everyone who has the club by its throat.
ANY new owner is probably better, so please just stop acting like it probably won't be. ;)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:32 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:37 pm

I think the money the other clubs make in the PL actually is enough to compete for the top half, they all earn money!
While we get peanuts and f***ing S*** D***** posters all over the stadium just to remind everyone who has the club by its throat.
ANY new owner is probably better, so please just stop acting like it probably won't be. ;)
Oh I totally agree that any club in the PL has the potential to compete for those places, because the revenue that comes with being in the league puts most clubs on pretty even footing. But that's also why I should think we should be a pretty attractive club right now, when you gain the immediate access to the PL by buying NUFC. I'm less confident in an ownership group needing us to fall to League 1 before they can afford to buy us though.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 pm
Oval85 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Oh I totally agree that any club in the PL has the potential to compete for those places, because the revenue that comes with being in the league puts most clubs on pretty even footing. But that's also why I should think we should be a pretty attractive club right now, when you gain the immediate access to the PL by buying NUFC. I'm less confident in an ownership group needing us to fall to League 1 before they can afford to buy us though.
I'm keeping my eye on that Greenock Morton buy out. One of us will be the feeder club.

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Anyone else think Protesting outside a Sports Direct shop is cringy? Is Ashley inside the store? No. Does he give a s*** about a handful of people standing outside a stores he's not in? No.

Funnily enough there has been very little get out of our club chants in the last 2 games. Must be cause we are winning?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:58 pm

I was thinking that. I wonder that if our recent good form continues that a boycott v Wolves will do more harm than good.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:58 pm
I was thinking that. I wonder that if our recent good form continues that a boycott v Wolves will do more harm than good.
100% will do more harm than good. Just people panicking because of the start to the season.
I had the first custom w***

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:07 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:58 pm
100% will do more harm than good. Just people panicking because of the start to the season.
It didn’t seem to be having that much traction tbh. I noticed that there were quite a few empty seats yesterday in L7. Was that because we hadn’t sold all of our tickets or because Bournemouth didn’t bring many fans?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Bit of both, not many away fans but there were plenty of gaps in L7 and the Milburn. I think it's more just how poor our start was, who would buy a match day ticket when we'd been playing so badly at home?

I was slightly amused last week with the leaflet effort. A black bit of card to hold up on 11 minutes which was almost impossible to see. I could see 3 in total...

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 am

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:31 am

Colly wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 am
It's not started well.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... a-15432220
The Shirebrook thing is ridiculous. Totally undermines their credibility. If I was an ST holder there’s no way I’d boycott the Wolves game.

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:42 am

So staying in the concourse for an extra 11 mins and have a extra pint. Where does the money from that pint go to? Yeah lets protest by giving Ashley more money. You want to protest do it properly and dont buy season tickets!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:35 pm

I don't know what I'm going to do for the West Ham game. The spirit of the 11 minute thing is in the right place, but a full East Stand concourse sounds like a horrible place to be. It'll take ten minutes to get everyone in their seats afterwards...

I sit front row second tier so I might just hide behind the wall in front of me.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:48 pm

If you want to take your seat I'd just take your seat. It's up to individuals to do what they want to do, I don't think anyone will be spitting feathers if you break the picket line to go to your seat in time for kick-off.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:48 pm
If you want to take your seat I'd just take your seat. It's up to individuals to do what they want to do, I don't think anyone will be spitting feathers if you break the picket line to go to your seat in time for kick-off.
You know some of the bells on Twitter will be...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Speedo wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:04 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:48 pm
True <laugh>

Although you could discover an entirely harmless, cheap and self-sustainable equivalent to petrol and some t*** on Twitter would take exception to it <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 pm
Speedo wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:04 pm

True <laugh>

Although you could discover an entirely harmless, cheap and self-sustainable equivalent to petrol and some t*** on Twitter would take exception to it <laugh>
<laugh> That about sums it up!

I still don't really get what the logic is behind all of these efforts? Do they think embarrassing Ashley will make him sell? Commentators making comments during the broadcast? Talk of it on MOTD? I just don't see how it's going to change anything given what he's demonstrated for the last decade.

Someone offering his asking price is what's going to lead him to selling up. That's it. If every fan can bring a billionaire friend to SJP, now THAT might result in something <roll>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:56 pm

It seems like they're trying to raise awareness of issues that are already being well picked up in the mainstream media, rather than try to shed light on new issues. I get the maintain momentum mentality (and I'm sure others who pay good money to go week in week out will see things differently to someone like me who goes to 4 or 5 games a year if I'm lucky), but it's abundantly clear that Ashley isn't budging until a buyer with a suitable offer comes in. That is the one and only thing that will work, he won't care about occasional drops in attendances, and he certainly won't lower his asking price just because fans want to get him out. I'd rather people support the team in full (by all means carry on protesting outside shops or whatever they think it achieving anything) but not in the stadium. We should be trying to build momentum off the back of our last two wins, not sidetrack it.