Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:54 pm
This team continues to find new ways to underwhelm
At least they didn't lose

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v Fulham

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Wasn't worth getting out of bed for. 0 shots on target against one of the worst defences in the whole of England. Turgid. Should've had a PELANTY though.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Can i have that 90 minutes of life back? MOTD should refuse to show any of it.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Liverpool next up and I suppose if Palace can win at Man City then anything is possible! <whistle>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Dull, horrible game to watch. We have no imagination or creativity at all. Need Shevely back in asap and also were on earth is Muto? Get him off the bench Rafa don't let him rot on the bench!! No murphy either.. also even though Manquillo was good last week we should have started with Yedelin if we're going to play with wing-backs. The likes of Diame, Manquillo, Atsu, Ritchie and Perez shouldn't be starting for us. Disappointing to say the least 2 points missed today. Drawing at home and having no shots on target to the worst defensive side in the team is absolutely shocking, no excuses today we were dreadful the way we're set-up also is far too conservative and defensive, against a side like Fulham at home???!! I know matches like these are going to come back and bite us towards the end of the season. Lucky Lascelles made a fantastic challenge towards the end or it could have been worse. We need a couple of attackers and another creative midfielder. Too much hoofball, individual mistakes and too cautious. Replace Atsu with Murphy and Muto in for Perez against Liverpool. Need to refreshen things up and against Liverpool we have nothing to lose.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Great to get a point back on City today, could be crucial at the end of the season.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Just got back in from the game, I thought we were pretty good and deserved to-

OK I can't keep it up. What a terrible game of football.
I had the first custom w***

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:30 pm

On a positive note, should Cardiff lose to Man U, then we bettered the result of three of the teams below us and if we can do that every matchday to the end of the season then we are guaranteed safety!

(Yes, I have been drinking <cheers>)

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Disgraceful performance. Anything less than 3 points today was absolutely unacceptable, but to manage 0 shots on target against this lot is deplorable. Rafa wants shot for that, one of the most disgustingly negative performances I've ever had the misfortune to witness. You just don't set up on the counter attack at home to Fulham, it's one of the worst tactical decisions I've seen by any of our managers. Not even Souness could lay claim to a performance as negative as that. Then he beats the 'well they spent more money than us/they're a good side despite the results!' drum post-match. Laughable

He needs to get a grip and have some f***ing belief in his players. I'm not actually sure how MOTD are going to be able to show any highlights of that s*** as there aren't any.
Last edited by Heisen on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Those who had the misfortune to watch it, was it worse than Southampton away? Wasn’t that zero shots on target too?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:24 pm
Those who had the misfortune to watch it, was it worse than Southampton away? Wasn’t that zero shots on target too?
I'd say yes as we were the home team and Fulham are truly atrocious.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Heisen wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:30 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:24 pm
I'd say yes as we were the home team and Fulham are truly atrocious.
no shots on target vs a team thats keeper is injured from picking the ball out of the net, good thing is burnley's run up is quite s****

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Sounds like I missed a corker....
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Don’t forget that they spent over £100m in summer and were just as bad as us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Like to know why we were still playing Manquillo with Yedlin on the bench.

And when do we get to see what Muto can do? Why did we buy him- just to warm the bench?

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:43 pm
Don’t forget that they spent over £100m in summer and were just as bad as us.
I bet Ashley is pleased with himself right now... <erm>

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 pm
Dull, horrible game to watch. We have no imagination or creativity at all. Need Shevely back in asap and also were on earth is Muto? Get him off the bench Rafa don't let him rot on the bench!! No murphy either.. also even though Manquillo was good last week we should have started with Yedelin if we're going to play with wing-backs. The likes of Diame, Manquillo, Atsu, Ritchie and Perez shouldn't be starting for us. Disappointing to say the least 2 points missed today. Drawing at home and having no shots on target to the worst defensive side in the team is absolutely shocking, no excuses today we were dreadful the way we're set-up also is far too conservative and defensive, against a side like Fulham at home???!! I know matches like these are going to come back and bite us towards the end of the season. Lucky Lascelles made a fantastic challenge towards the end or it could have been worse. We need a couple of attackers and another creative midfielder. Too much hoofball, individual mistakes and too cautious. Replace Atsu with Murphy and Muto in for Perez against Liverpool. Need to refreshen things up and against Liverpool we have nothing to lose.
Good call on Murphy and Muto.

I hope to God he doesn't go to Anfield and try to defend deep and in numbers.......

It won't work and we will probably be annihilated.

I'd go for 3 at the back and 5 in midfield with 2 up top - try to smother their attacking creativity - but give us an outball to hit........ otherwise it will just keep coming back...

If like to see Muto up close to Rondon if the latter is playing.

Look at Palace today - if you present some goal threat then you have a chance.

I'd rather lose 5-3 than 2-0

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:54 pm

We’re clearly setting up for a 0-0 at Anfield...

I agree about Murphy, I’ve been an advocate of his and think he can make an impact for us given a run of games but he never gets that. He’s in for one game and then doesn’t feature for five.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:35 pm

The thing that I still don't understand is that when he was giving Murphy a kick he was forced out to his weaker left hand side to keep Ritchie on the right, yet absurdly if Atsu plays he'll move Ritchie over and play Atsu on the wrong side. Admittedly I think 'on the pitch' is out of position for Atsu, but at least give him a chance.

Utterly absurd that he made no effort whatsoever to change the pattern of today's game. As I said, two wingers on the wrong side so barely a single decent cross all game, and devoid of ideas from the first minute. Even a basic thing like swapping them over for 15 minutes to make their defenders have to think about it a bit, but no. And then two like for like subs as ever that achieved nowt. It's a point, but it's anything but a good point.

Edit: Absurd is my word of the day. I think Brexit is lodged in my brain...

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:56 am

Only memorable part of that match was Mawson getting point blank hadouken'd to the face
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!