Match day thread - NUFC v Watford

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v Watford

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:16 pm

5k club <diva>

I don’t think that it’s generally that bad in comparison to most forums and generally people can put across their views, but in this case it wasn’t really necessary to call someone a moron.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:22 pm

Of all things on the internet to get upset about people have chosen the word moron, FFS.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:28 pm

Yeah there are bigger things, but the forum has lost a s*** load of regular posters over the last couple of years. Personally I like reasoned debate. We’ve gone from matchday threads with 20-30+ pages to barely scraping 5 or 6.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:29 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:22 pm
Of all things on the internet to get upset about people have chosen the word moron, FFS.
How dare you repeat that word!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
It's not a case of being upset by the word, it's the fact that rather than discussing the point you just went to "you're a moron" which doesn't really help anything. Moron. ;)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:33 pm

<laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:37 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:28 pm
Yeah there are bigger things, but the forum has lost a s*** load of regular posters over the last couple of years. Personally I like reasoned debate. We’ve gone from matchday threads with 20-30+ pages to barely scraping 5 or 6.
I dont really use the match day threads anymore because of how ridiculous people are and i dont want to speak for other people but i honestly think we have lost a lot of people because of how over the top people are, the forum used to be fun even when were at our worst but these days its pretty unbearable because of the way people go on, its almost become a crime to enjoy supporting the club.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 pm

I still enjoy reading other people's thoughts, it is important to see other views anyway. It helps develope your own opinions.

I am a Rafa fan, but he has made some lousy choices recently. Do I think we should can him? Not until we have a better replacement. Trouble is who would realisticly take the job? I sure as f*** wouldn't unless I was done division 1 hack or something.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:30 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
It's not a case of being upset by the word, it's the fact that rather than discussing the point you just went to "you're a moron" which doesn't really help anything. Moron. ;)
yup i just went "you're a moron" <roll>

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:21 am

Hjl wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 pm
I still enjoy reading other people's thoughts, it is important to see other views anyway. It helps develope your own opinions.

I am a Rafa fan, but he has made some lousy choices recently. Do I think we should can him? Not until we have a better replacement. Trouble is who would realisticly take the job? I sure as **** wouldn't unless I was done division 1 hack or something.
It depends if you mean someone better holistically or someone better for the situation?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:22 am

The worst thing about forums like this (not this in particular) is how quickly it can descend into name calling and s***. End of the day we all have our opinions. More importantly we share one interest - i.e. Newcastle United. Perhaps a shared delusion. It's easy to get wound up and call people s****, but people need to remember the point of all this. Let's not fight each other, let's fight ashley.

Let's not despair about Rafa, let's steal sports direct signs and use them as really underwhelming surfboards. Benitez's tactics are clearly nothing to shout about, but I can't comprehend why people would want rid. Literally couldn't get a better replacement. Would people rather play good football, get relegated, and fall into relative nothing? I know I wouldn't.

Being a club that constantly scraps for survival is hardly a good thing either, but that's more down to the ownership than the manager in my opinion. Get rid of ashley, keep Rafa. Then we can talk. That's my dream.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:28 pm
I think the poor format stops people engaging.

They should replicate the SMB format - it's 20x better than this

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 am

It’s true, I can’t pluck many names out of the air of people who would come in if Rafa walked (which I wouldn’t blame him for). Allardyce? Hughes? Even top end championship managers probably wouldn’t be that interested. And who’d have thought 10 years ago that we couldn’t even tempt the Bournemouth or Wolves manager as it’d be a step down for them!

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:31 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 am
It’s true, I can’t pluck many names out of the air of people who would come in if Rafa walked (which I wouldn’t blame him for). Allardyce? Hughes? Even top end championship managers probably wouldn’t be that interested. And who’d have thought 10 years ago that we couldn’t even tempt the Bournemouth or Wolves manager as it’d be a step down for them!
What a ridiculous statement to make when we replaced McClaren with Benitez.

Football management is an egotistical job. You can guarantee there's someone out there who thinks they can do a job of winning stuff here even under the current circumstances - unless you're agreeing that Benitez was deluded.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:33 am

Luque wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:31 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 am

Football management is an egotistical job. You can guarantee there's someone out there who thinks they can do a job of winning stuff here even under the current circumstances - unless you're agreeing that Benitez was deluded.
So who are you suggesting out of interest? If you’re going to call it ridiculous at least make a suggestion rather than a generic statement.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:33 am
Luque wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:31 am

So who are you suggesting out of interest? If you’re going to call it ridiculous at least make a suggestion rather than a generic statement.
AVB.

In fact, both of Robson's protegee's are unemployed at the minute. Think Mourinho could really benefit from managing players with miniature egos after their manager has done nothing but slag them off.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:39 am

Luque wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:33 am

AVB.

In fact, both of Robson's protegee's are unemployed at the minute. Think Mourinho could really benefit from managing players with miniature egos after their manager has done nothing but slag them off.
You call my statement ridiculous then suggest Mourinho who was on about £15m per season. And hasn’t AVB been out of work for over a year?

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:42 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:39 am
Luque wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 am

AVB.

You call my statement ridiculous then suggest Mourinho who was on about £15m per season. And hasn’t AVB been out of work for over a year?
I know I don't know what his current motivation is - are you saying that you're 100% sure that his motivation is money? Though, I am shooting for the stars with that suggestion but then again, the alternative is not shooting for the stars and playing park the bus against Blackburn next week.

-- As for AVB.. he has and..? Perhaps this gap in employment has reignited his fire for a challenge. Purely speculative but you're being purely speculative with Hughes etc.

Edit: Some sources suggest Benitez was the 15th highest earning manager in teh world last season.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:29 am

Luque wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:42 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:39 am

I know I don't know what his current motivation is - are you saying that you're 100% sure that his motivation is money? Though, I am shooting for the stars with that suggestion but then again, the alternative is not shooting for the stars and playing park the bus against Blackburn next week.

-- As for AVB.. he has and..? Perhaps this gap in employment has reignited his fire for a challenge. Purely speculative but you're being purely speculative with Hughes etc.

Edit: Some sources suggest Benitez was the 15th highest earning manager in teh world last season.
Lol there is literally no chance of mourinho coming here. That is almost the definition of ridiculius....

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:36 am

Idove avb 😍😍😍