16 games left to average 1.25 points* per game (Thanks to Speedo for correcting my Maths)

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Re: 16 games left to average 1.25 points* per game (Thanks to Speedo for correcting my Maths)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:29 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:27 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:05 am
Also one thing I have just noticed.

Was the game against Wolves rescheduled to be played earlier as I definitely remember when I looked up remaining fixtures it was 3rd last game
I wondered why you had it 3rd last game as it always followed the Spurs game.

Something else you got wrong!! <whistle>
<laugh>
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Re: 16 games left to average 1.25 points* per game (Thanks to Speedo for correcting my Maths)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Looking at Everton over the last few weeks, I think if we set ourselves up well we'll beat them.

We have generally done well from set plays over the last year or so under Rafa and Everton don't look like they're able to defend them at all.
I'll Hazard a guess

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by UlversToon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:57 am

UlversToon wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Just out of interest these are the next three games for those involved in the relegation battle:-

CRYSTAL PALACE : Southampton (a), Fulham (h) & West Ham (h)
SOUTHAMPTON : Palace (h), Burnley (a) & Cardiff (h)
BURNLEY : Man Utd (a), Southampton (h) & Brighton (a)
NEWCASTLE UNITED : Man City (h), Spurs (a) & Wolves (a)
CARDIFF CITY : Arsenal (a), Bournemouth (h) & Southampton (a)
FULHAM : Brighton (h), Palace (a) & Man Utd (h)
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN : Everton (h), Chelsea (a) & Arsenal (h)

A few of the clubs around us will be picking up some points by virtue of the fact that so many play each other and it is entirely feasible that we will still be on 21 points after 26 games and back in the bottom 3 so, stating the bleeding obvious, it is absolutely vital that we win the home games against Huddersfield and Burnley.
So with our game with Wolves still to come we've taken 3 points, due the magnificent and totally unexpected victory over City, and remain outside the bottom 3, albeit on goal difference. The other teams around us have had mixed fortunes with Cardiff faring best having taken 6 points from their 3 games, Crystal Palace and Burnley have each taken 5, Fulham 3, Southampton 2 and Huddersfield did not register a single point whilst Brighton have now dropped into mix having taken only 1 point from their last 3 games.

Again stating the obvious we need to make sure we take maximum points from our next two home games and anything against Wolves will be bonus.