16 games left to average 1.25 points* per game (Thanks to Speedo for correcting my Maths)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: 16 games left to average 1.25 points* per game (Thanks to Speedo for correcting my Maths)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:29 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:27 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:05 am
Also one thing I have just noticed.

Was the game against Wolves rescheduled to be played earlier as I definitely remember when I looked up remaining fixtures it was 3rd last game
I wondered why you had it 3rd last game as it always followed the Spurs game.

Something else you got wrong!! <whistle>
<laugh>
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: 16 games left to average 1.25 points* per game (Thanks to Speedo for correcting my Maths)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Looking at Everton over the last few weeks, I think if we set ourselves up well we'll beat them.

We have generally done well from set plays over the last year or so under Rafa and Everton don't look like they're able to defend them at all.
I'll Hazard a guess

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:57 am

UlversToon wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Just out of interest these are the next three games for those involved in the relegation battle:-

CRYSTAL PALACE : Southampton (a), Fulham (h) & West Ham (h)
SOUTHAMPTON : Palace (h), Burnley (a) & Cardiff (h)
BURNLEY : Man Utd (a), Southampton (h) & Brighton (a)
NEWCASTLE UNITED : Man City (h), Spurs (a) & Wolves (a)
CARDIFF CITY : Arsenal (a), Bournemouth (h) & Southampton (a)
FULHAM : Brighton (h), Palace (a) & Man Utd (h)
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN : Everton (h), Chelsea (a) & Arsenal (h)

A few of the clubs around us will be picking up some points by virtue of the fact that so many play each other and it is entirely feasible that we will still be on 21 points after 26 games and back in the bottom 3 so, stating the bleeding obvious, it is absolutely vital that we win the home games against Huddersfield and Burnley.
So with our game with Wolves still to come we've taken 3 points, due the magnificent and totally unexpected victory over City, and remain outside the bottom 3, albeit on goal difference. The other teams around us have had mixed fortunes with Cardiff faring best having taken 6 points from their 3 games, Crystal Palace and Burnley have each taken 5, Fulham 3, Southampton 2 and Huddersfield did not register a single point whilst Brighton have now dropped into mix having taken only 1 point from their last 3 games.

Again stating the obvious we need to make sure we take maximum points from our next two home games and anything against Wolves will be bonus.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Still ahead of what I predicted ;)
I'll Hazard a guess

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Re: 16 games left to average 2.1 points per game

Post by TJR » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:12 pm

TJR wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:31 pm
Cardiff (H) - win- 3
Man City (H) loss- 0
Spurs (A) loss- 0
Huddersfield (H) win- 6
Burnley (H) - win- 9
West Ham (A) - loss-0
Everton (H)- loss - 9
Bournemouth-(a)-draw- 10
Arsenal (a) - loss- 0
Palace-(h) -draw- 11
Leicester (a) draw- 12
Southampton (h)-win- 15
Wolves (a) draw- 16
Liverpool (H)- loss- 0
Fulham (a) - win -19

37 points which will be more than enough to stay up.
3 points ahead of where I had us. Revised predictions for the remainder of the season:

Burnley (H) - win- 3
West Ham (A) - draw-4
Everton (H)- draw- 5
Bournemouth-(a)-draw-6
Arsenal (a) - loss- 6
Palace-(h) -draw-7
Leicester (a) draw-8
Southampton (h)-win-11
Liverpool (H)- loss-11
Fulham (a) - win-14

14 more points which would see us finish on 42. That'll be more than enough to stay up. We'll also win at least 1 of the 5 draws I've put down. We'll be comfortable mid table.

Another 6 to 9 points will be enough for survival.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:03 pm

I think we'll beat Everton the way they're playing of late
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:14 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:03 pm
I think we'll beat Everton the way they're playing of late
You also thought we'd sign Thorgan Hazard <fist>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:31 pm

More chance of us beating Everton than Burnley.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:36 pm

I really hope we beat Everton. Their fans are quickly becoming the ones I dislike most in the whole league. They genuinely think they should be in the top 6 when they’re miles away. Just because they spent a s*** load of money doesn’t automatically mean they’ll challenge the big teams. They’ve just got a massive chip on their shoulders about how far behind Liverpool they are.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:56 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:36 pm
I really hope we beat Everton. Their fans are quickly becoming the ones I dislike most in the whole league. They genuinely think they should be in the top 6 when they’re miles away. Just because they spent a s*** load of money doesn’t automatically mean they’ll challenge the big teams. They’ve just got a massive chip on their shoulders about how far behind Liverpool they are.
Kinda like us and Sunderland <laugh>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:44 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 pm
Cardiff (H) - win- 3
Man City (H) Loss- 0
Spurs (A) Loss- 0
Wolves (a) draw- 17
Huddersfield (H) win - 6
Burnley (H) - win- 9
West Ham (A) - lose-9
Everton (H)- Draw -10
Bournemouth-(a)-lose-10
Arsenal (a) - loss- 0
Palace-(h) win 13
Leicester (a) lose- 13
Southampton (h)-win- 16
Liverpool (H)- loss- 0
Fulham (a) - lose-17

Pretty good effort from me so far, only the City game I got wrong. Revised predictions:

Burnley (H) - Win
West Ham (A) - Win
Everton (H)- Win
Bournemouth-(a)- Lose
Arsenal (a) - Lose
Palace-(h)- Draw
Leicester (a) Lose
Southampton (h) Win
Liverpool (H) Lose
Fulham (a) - Win

44 points same total as last year. I'm not sure this would be enough to scrape a top 10 finish but I might chuck a few quid on at 14/1.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:45 am

Right giving a slight revision of my predictions

Burnley (H) - Draw (29 points)- Burnley have turned things around I think a point would be a good result.
West Ham (A) L -This could go either way really as you never know what West Ham will show up though, would be again happy with a point but the realist in me says this will be a narrow 2-1 loss
Everton (H) W- (32 points)- I think this one all depends on what happens to Silva in the coming weeks though I don't think he will be sacked until at least the end of the season, Given Everton's recent form failure to pick up any points here would be a disappointment I'm going for 3.
Bournemouth-(a) D (33 points)-Bournemouth are another one of those "you don't know what you'll get teams" I'd be happy with a point here
Arsenal (a) L - Peaking and clicking at the right time are Arsenal can't see us getting anything out of this game
Palace-(h) D (34 points)The addition of Batshuayi seems to have changed the mood, though I still think they are one Zaha injury away from crisis again, would be happy for a point here which would bring us to the 34 point average
Leicester (a) D (35 points)- All depends on who they bring in to replace Puel and how they react will be a tough trip but I think we'll nab a point
Southampton (h) W (38 points)-This will be the game which makes us safe, while making Southampton in a real fight for survival,
Brighton A D (39 Points) Adding in Brighton to make people happy, think it will be a draw
Liverpool (H) L Once again the realist in me says loss but I said the same about City really who knows it depends how the title race goes if Liverpool are still fighting for it then it will be a tough game but if they have slipped up and confidence is low then who knows
Fulham (a) W (42 Points)With Fulham long since relegated this could be a tough one with players looking to impress potential buyers but given how shocking their defence has been and the 3 amigos have performed in the last few games (Rondon with a hat trick ,Perez scoring an overhead from the halfway line and Almiron scoring from his own box against Southampton I think we'll win here

Overall not much change from what I initially predicted just a switch of win and draw in there + the 3 points gained against City
Last edited by lassassinblanc on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:14 pm

Definitely won't need 40 points to stay up this season (you haven't for the last few seasons either). 9 more points however they come will be plenty.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Why are you all missing Brighton out of our remaining fixtures? <laugh>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:39 pm

Heisen wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:43 pm
I left them out because I don't believe Brighton really exists
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:54 pm

Heisen wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:43 pm
Out of respect to Hughton so that we don't all predict a comfortable away win <roll>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:21 am

UlversToon wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:36 pm
Not as optimistic as Overseas but here goes:-

Cardiff - W (3)
Man City - L (3)
Spurs - L (3)
Wolves - D (4)
Huddersfield - W (7)
Burnley - W (10)
West Ham - L (10)
Everton - D (11)
Bournemouth - D (12)
Arsenal - D (13)
Palace - W (16)
Leicester - L (16)
Southampton - W (19)
Liverpool - D (20)
Fulham - D (21)

39 points and safety!
Sticking with my original selections for the next 10 games but adding a point from the Brighton game, missing from the original post, which would give us 43 points and be definitely safe. I can see us possibly picking up an extra 4/5 points from West Ham, Everton, Leicester & Fulham if we can keep up our current form although, on the other hand, I may have been a tad optimistic in thinking we can pick up points against Arsenal and Liverpool but you never know!

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:04 pm

To be honest our next 3 games could transform our season - West Ham (A), Everton (H), Bournemouth (A). 6pts or more and we’re in that mid-table battle. 3pts or less and we’re still in the relegation scrap (albeit in a good position for it).
I had the first custom w***

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:30 pm

Speedo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:04 pm
To be honest our next 3 games could transform our season - West Ham (A), Everton (H), Bournemouth (A). 6pts or more and we’re in that mid-table battle. 3pts or less and we’re still in the relegation scrap (albeit in a good position for it).
Win all 3 and we'll have a very good chance of sneaking into the top 10.

Ridiculous what a few wins can do.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:37 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:45 am
Right giving a slight revision of my predictions

Burnley (H) - Draw (29 points)- Burnley have turned things around I think a point would be a good result.
West Ham (A) L -This could go either way really as you never know what West Ham will show up though, would be again happy with a point but the realist in me says this will be a narrow 2-1 loss
Everton (H) W- (32 points)- I think this one all depends on what happens to Silva in the coming weeks though I don't think he will be sacked until at least the end of the season, Given Everton's recent form failure to pick up any points here would be a disappointment I'm going for 3.
Bournemouth-(a) D (33 points)-Bournemouth are another one of those "you don't know what you'll get teams" I'd be happy with a point here
Arsenal (a) L - Peaking and clicking at the right time are Arsenal can't see us getting anything out of this game
Palace-(h) D (34 points)The addition of Batshuayi seems to have changed the mood, though I still think they are one Zaha injury away from crisis again, would be happy for a point here which would bring us to the 34 point average
Leicester (a) D (35 points)- All depends on who they bring in to replace Puel and how they react will be a tough trip but I think we'll nab a point
Southampton (h) W (38 points)-This will be the game which makes us safe, while making Southampton in a real fight for survival,
Brighton A D (39 Points) Adding in Brighton to make people happy, think it will be a draw
Liverpool (H) L Once again the realist in me says loss but I said the same about City really who knows it depends how the title race goes if Liverpool are still fighting for it then it will be a tough game but if they have slipped up and confidence is low then who knows
Fulham (a) W (42 Points)With Fulham long since relegated this could be a tough one with players looking to impress potential buyers but given how shocking their defence has been and the 3 amigos have performed in the last few games (Rondon with a hat trick ,Perez scoring an overhead from the halfway line and Almiron scoring from his own box against Southampton I think we'll win here

Overall not much change from what I initially predicted just a switch of win and draw in there + the 3 points gained against City
A point ahead of what I predicted we'd be at the current stage.

I still think that getting to 36 points will be enough for us to stay up (Though I still think we'll pick up more then that). Burnley v Cardiff will be a big game in terms of the bottom this weekend though I probably won't see it as I'm travelling to Strømmen on Friday night.
I'll Hazard a guess