FA cup replay - Blackburn v NUFC

thedeludedfannymagnet2
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Re: FA cup replay - Blackburn v NUFC

Post by thedeludedfannymagnet2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:59 pm

originallad wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:23 pm
https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/for ... m/&page=33

Blackburn fans "Newcastle were dire, such a poor side etc..." Well tbf we weren't great at all but still beat you 4 v 2 so what does that say about you inbreds? f***ing hate Blackburn, horrible place.
They don't like it up em!

thedeludedfannymagnet2
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by thedeludedfannymagnet2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 pm
thedeludedfannymagnet2 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 pm

I once sniffed a lighter to see if the gas was coming out, I also stupidly struck it at the same time. Same result. Potential Darwin award?
<laugh> I got my wife to try and mimic a Turkish barber to sort out my ear fur using a lighter - also a very bad idea!
<laugh> Life would be really dull without us blokes <laugh>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 pm

We got the win which was needed even if it's a false dawn it gives us hope and something to strive for apart from battling relegation. A little cup round would be nice even if we reach the quarters, it'll be something to look forward too. The youngsters did well Sterry at RB, Longstaff and Roberts with a lovely cultured finish. Longstaff was the one that impressed me the most doesn't do anything spectacular but keeps things ticking nicely and has a good passing range. I thought Schar in the first half was decent when he was playing defensive midfield was competent, effective and solid in that position. Potential starting line-up (barring injuries) :

Dubraka
Yedelin Lejune Fernandez Dummet*
----Schar----
------Longstaff ---Shevely*
Perez Rondon Atsu*

*If he's not fit then Manquillo
*If he's not fit then maybe move someone like Perez or even Ritchie as a attacking midfielder as I'm not a fan of Hayden every time I see him he seems to be out of his depth and commits too many fouls even though he works hard he's Championship quality
*I'm not sure weather to put him or Murphy, thought Murphy did well today running at the full-back using his pace and directness but just his end product lets him down he needs to seriously work on his crossing and final ball more. Alternatively there's Kenedy but maybe he'll be better coming of the bench his confidence looks shot.

Knowing Rafa though he'll start with a back three and Ritchie as a wing-back again. With Hayden in midfield. <erm>

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 pm
We got the win which was needed even if it's a false dawn it gives us hope and something to strive for apart from battling relegation. A little cup round would be nice even if we reach the quarters, it'll be something to look forward too. The youngsters did well Sterry at RB, Longstaff and Roberts with a lovely cultured finish. Longstaff was the one that impressed me the most doesn't do anything spectacular but keeps things ticking nicely and has a good passing range. I thought Schar in the first half was decent when he was playing defensive midfield was competent, effective and solid in that position. Potential starting line-up (barring injuries) :

Dubraka
Yedelin Lejune Fernandez Dummet*
----Schar----
------Longstaff ---Shevely*
Perez Rondon Atsu*

*If he's not fit then Manquillo
*If he's not fit then maybe move someone like Perez or even Ritchie as a attacking midfielder as I'm not a fan of Hayden every time I see him he seems to be out of his depth and commits too many fouls even though he works hard he's Championship quality
*I'm not sure weather to put him or Murphy, thought Murphy did well today running at the full-back using his pace and directness but just his end product lets him down he needs to seriously work on his crossing and final ball more. Alternatively there's Kenedy but maybe he'll be better coming of the bench his confidence looks shot.

Knowing Rafa though he'll start with a back three and Ritchie as a wing-back again. With Hayden in midfield. <erm>
I agree with this. Murphy's decision making is poor. It's like he thinks he's playing FIFA. Longstaff was played well. Great finish by Roberts and played better than Joselu until he finally found his shooting boots in extra time. Sterry was assured. Be interesting to see who we field against Cardiff with the youth playing alright and the possible injuries we have.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 am

I thought Murphy gave us a different dimension last night and was definitely a threat. But he’ll be benched (or not even in the squad) on Saturday.

Perez really needs to stop doing that fingers in the ear celebration that he does on the rare occasion that he scores. When he’s delivering on a regular basis he can do it, not when he scores once every 8-10 games.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:16 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 am
I thought Murphy gave us a different dimension last night and was definitely a threat. But he’ll be benched (or not even in the squad) on Saturday.
Agreed, he's still not the finished article but his shot early doors had to be palmed away and that's what led to his assist, plus he won countless corners by actually beating his man for pace. Plenty of blocked crosses, but that's the case with everyone bar Ritchie on occasion.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 am

Watched full highlights this morning on train to Oslo. I thought Murphy played well was direct and not afraid to run at defenders.

I thought Longstaff done well, looks to be growing with confidence every game he gets. Roberts took his goal brilliantly drifted out of the game in the second half but overall I'd be happy with his performance.

Sterry didn't look comfortable at all no idea what he was doing for Blackburn first goal backing off Graham also seemed to drift from the back post after the corner was taken for the second he stays on the post he'd have a better chance of clearing it.

Schar done well in the anchor role if we don't bring anyone in good to know he can cover if needs be. Yes Joselu was offside but he took it well. Perez cracking goal, (I actually like his celebration <laugh> it's a nice little f you to his begrudgers you don't affect me )
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:19 am

Yeah I'm all for Perez' celebration, even just to f*** off the d******** who sit behind me and boo his every touch.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:32 am

On Kenedy:

"He had a problem with his nail and the reality is he cannot put boots on - as soon as he puts the boots on, he is feeling pain."

I know that's actually pretty valid, but it sounds so Marcelino...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 am

Colly wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:32 am
On Kenedy:

"He had a problem with his nail and the reality is he cannot put boots on - as soon as he puts the boots on, he is feeling pain."

<laugh>

Tbh if we can cut short the loan (probably can’t else we might have done so already) I’d do it now.

On Perez, I’m not a hater of his but it seems to me that he thinks he’s proving doubters wrong by scoring the odd goal...a better response to the boo boys would actually be to score more often when he gets decent chances rather than hit a tame shot straight at the keeper. That’s what annoys me about him. Does a lot of things well until the point that it matters.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:47 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 am
Colly wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:32 am
On Kenedy:

<laugh>

Tbh if we can cut short the loan (probably can’t else we might have done so already) I’d do it now.

On Perez, I’m not a hater of his but it seems to me that he thinks he’s proving doubters wrong by scoring the odd goal...a better response to the boo boys would actually be to score more often when he gets decent chances rather than hit a tame shot straight at the keeper. That’s what annoys me about him. Does a lot of things well until the point that it matters.
Very true, he can fluff his lines he would probably have another 4-5 goals this season if he had decent composure in front of goal but he either takes too much time or too little.

As for Kenedy that made me laugh, but anyone who has ever suffered a stubbed toe or had an ingrown toe nail will know the agony of wearing tight boots after it happened for a few days
I'll Hazard a guess

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:47 am

It was a really strange game last night. For a match that had 6 goals in it the game was quite flat, and the atmosphere the same (the home fans certainly didn't help with the latter as they were awful).

Thought Longstaff and Roberts had decent games overall and were rewarded with their goals, although the former was blowing out of his arse by the end! Graham absolutely schooled our back 4 at times and in particular Sterry. The amount of times the cross field ball to him was played and he won it was ridiculous. If memory serves me right it led to the Armstrong goal and should have led to Dack putting them in front. Murphy was direct and caused problems but needs to work on decision making/end product and, despite his goal, I just can't believe Joselu is a footballer. Still don't advocate booing our own players though, as a few people behind me did for large parts of the game.

Pleased with the result and nice to be through, but the injuries are obviously a concern.
There is no sin except stupidity.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am

Murphy wasn't afraid to get on the ball which was good to see and he made some nice runs but his passing was certainly below par. Most of his passes were too short and left his team mates chasing for the ball or instantly under pressure.

A bit more weight on his passes would have improved them immeasurably and thankfully that's something he can improve on.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:55 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:47 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

<laugh>

Very true, he can fluff his lines he would probably have another 4-5 goals this season if he had decent composure in front of goal but he either takes too much time or too little.

As for Kenedy that made me laugh, but anyone who has ever suffered a stubbed toe or had an ingrown toe nail will know the agony of wearing tight boots after it happened for a few days
I wish I could be arsed to split this quote. On Perez I agree, but I also think that if he could do that he probably wouldn't be playing for us...

On Kenedy I definitely agree, it sounds like a comedy injury but definitely isn't!

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Colly wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:55 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:

I wish I could be arsed to split this quote. On Perez I agree, but I also think that if he could do that he probably wouldn't be playing for us...

On Kenedy I definitely agree, it sounds like a comedy injury but definitely isn't!
very true
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:02 pm

I think that Perez could be slightly more reliable and he'd still realistically be playing for us. If he started scoring 15+ per season then better teams would start taking an interest.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:14 pm

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the- ... -d6q6zx9rx

Quite enjoyed reading that, the No-Hope Express is an apt term!

It was nice to have a break from the life sapping frustration of the PL.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Apparently most of the starters last night had the runs before kick-off and half the squad was out with a bug. And they still took us to extra time...
I had the first custom w***

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:14 pm
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the- ... -d6q6zx9rx

Quite enjoyed reading that, the No-Hope Express is an apt term!

It was nice to have a break from the life sapping frustration of the PL.
Also this is great
I had the first custom w***

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

<laugh>

And if anyone else on the team could finish he'd have another 4-5 assists this season. Not sure why he gets singled out when all our players are just as bad or worse