Re: Match thread - Spurs v Toon

Post by Hjl » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:14 pm

Should of hit it Perez.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:14 pm

We’ve had two good chances now. Tactics are fine, end product (Perez, Atsu) is the issue. Hopefully almiron can be the man to make the most of things in future.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Perez <grr>

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm

If we get a point from this match (or even win!) by playing these tactics, are the people berating them going to go "FFS, I wish we'd had a proper go even if it meant leaving us wide open and getting smashed"?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Not a bad first half at the end of it. Could’ve been 1-0 down, could’ve been 1-0 up.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:18 pm

That Atsu pass to Rondon <neg>

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:19 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:14 pm
We’ve had two good chances now. Tactics are fine, end product (Perez, Atsu) is the issue. Hopefully almiron can be the man to make the most of things in future.
Think we’ll have to agree to disagree here haha.

Spurs could’ve scored 3 and I’m sure we haven’t had a shot on target yet . Just think we need to get at them more ( without over committing) as they look as vunerable as us at the back
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:20 pm

originallad wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm
If we get a point from this match (or even win!) by playing these tactics, are the people berating them going to go "FFS, I wish we'd had a proper go even if it meant leaving us wide open and getting smashed"?
Obviously not . You know it’s ok to not like the tactics. Plus if we win it means we’ve attacked them.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Perez has been decent today just some poor decision making. Longstaff again not looking out of place, i love how he is always forward thinking, always seem to looking for that progressive ball rather than the usual lay off to the cbs, genuinely think hes got what it takes to be a very good midfielder. Atsu just lacks quality, Almiron should be a huge step up from him and give us that extra threat, think he will help up Rondon and Perez game.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:24 pm

Last I’m going to say on it but there’s a happy medium between defence and attack. We don’t have to sit and try to absorb attack after attack in the hope of getting one shot on target in 90 mins on the break.
We’ve shown that we can cause problems by attacking teams and today spurs look shakey. Would like to see a bit more of it rather than an defend / hoof clear / defend / hoof clear.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Really not been a bad game on our part. They’ve dominated and had chances but we’ve had a chance or two on the break. All it takes is us to sneak one of those and they’re on the back foot with their fans starting to get anxious and perhaps turning on them

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Tactically we have been the same for most of the season, i personally don't see the point in complaining about it every single week, its how we play, its been like since we have been back in the PL and it wont be changing any time soon, we are a defensive counter attacking team.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:24 pm
Last I’m going to say on it but there’s a happy medium between defence and attack. We don’t have to sit and try to absorb attack after attack in the hope of getting one shot on target in 90 mins on the break.
We’ve shown that we can cause problems by attacking teams and today spurs look shakey. Would like to see a bit more of it rather than an defend / hoof clear / defend / hoof clear.
This. I'm not calling for gung-ho attacking, just a set up that allows us to retain some possession and maintain enough presence up the pitch so that the pressure can be released and we can have an effective chance of counter attacking. This backs-to-the-wall uber defensive set up is in a word ... bollocks.
Last edited by Donkey Toon on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Wouldn’t mind seeing the new LB coming on in place of Atsu then moving Ritchie upfield a bit.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:30 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:29 pm
Wouldn’t mind seeing the new LB coming on in place of Atsu then moving Ritchie upfield a bit.
This. Hoping he’ll get 20 mins

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Toondes wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:24 pm
This. I'm not calling for gung-ho attacking, just a set up that allows us to retain some possession and maintain enough presence up the pitch so that the pressure can be released and we can have an effective chance of counter attacking. This backs-to-the-wall uber defensive set up is in a word ... bollocks.
Pretty much sums it up. It doesn’t change regardless of the opposition that’s what winds me up.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:20 pm
originallad wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm
Obviously not . You know it’s ok to not like the tactics. Plus if we win it means we’ve attacked them.
Well yeah attack. But we don't need to attack attack attack to win games. Do that against Spurs away and we won't win. Well...we might. Who knows. Football's a funny ol game! <laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I only expect to see him if we go behind tbh, he will be far from ready in terms of keeping the defensive shape and discipline required in this game, cant afford any mistakes.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:34 pm

I think we can all agree that we should attack more...But not too much.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:37 pm

That’s more like it.