Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:38 am



They've had it coming tbf.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
krully
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4601
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by krully » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:52 am

they have like 40 players out on loan sure

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:55 am

Not necessarily the worst thing for them, they've got so much young talent at the club (or out on loan) that they might actually give them a chance now. Leaves them in a tricky position with Hazard who is out of contract next summer. Do they keep him then lose him for free, or cash in this summer and not be able to buy a ready made replacement?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by TBC » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:08 am

These things never hold up, they'll appeal and get off lightly.
Image

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4020
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by UlversToon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:10 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:55 am
Not necessarily the worst thing for them, they've got so much young talent at the club (or out on loan) that they might actually give them a chance now. Leaves them in a tricky position with Hazard who is out of contract next summer. Do they keep him then lose him for free, or cash in this summer and not be able to buy a ready made replacement?
They'll have Kenedy back in the summer as a replacement! <whistle>

CIH
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by CIH » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:12 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:55 am
Not necessarily the worst thing for them, they've got so much young talent at the club (or out on loan) that they might actually give them a chance now. Leaves them in a tricky position with Hazard who is out of contract next summer. Do they keep him then lose him for free, or cash in this summer and not be able to buy a ready made replacement?
They have Pulisic coming in this summer, which makes me wonder if they perhaps saw this coming. Especially as they have been under investigation for a few years. They will also need to focus on getting Hudson-Odoi to sign a new contract. If they don't get CL for next season then I think Hazard is as good as gone. CHO could be the future for them though.
<notbad>

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:22 am

Sure hasn't done Spurs any harm
<ayo>

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:22 am
Sure hasn't done Spurs any harm
<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Diego21
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid/Spain

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Diego21 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Chelsea will appeal to FIFA (which will deny it) and then to CAS. Then, the most logical thing is that they can sign in summer and the sanction is postponed for the next winter and for the summer of 2020
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Diego21 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:41 pm
Chelsea will appeal to FIFA (which will deny it) and then to CAS. Then, the most logical thing is that they can sign in summer and the sanction is postponed for the next winter and for the summer of 2020
Yeah isn't that what Barcelona / Real have done in the past too?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Diego21
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid/Spain

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Diego21 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Diego21 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:41 pm
Chelsea will appeal to FIFA (which will deny it) and then to CAS. Then, the most logical thing is that they can sign in summer and the sanction is postponed for the next winter and for the summer of 2020
Yeah isn't that what Barcelona / Real have done in the past too?
Yes. It's the same situation. So Chelsea can sign a lot of players in this summer for sure... and mak a project for two years...
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8622
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by PTAO? » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Chelsea have been denied the freeze meaning they can't stock up on players before the ban comes into effect.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47500863

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19462
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Thery have 42 players currently out on loan.

User avatar
Diego21
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid/Spain

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Diego21 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:08 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Chelsea have been denied the freeze meaning they can't stock up on players before the ban comes into effect.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47500863
Buf is FIFA. They will appeal now to TAS (I think in English you said CAS).
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

User avatar
Diego21
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid/Spain

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Diego21 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:09 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:29 pm
Thery have 42 players currently out on loan.
Image
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19462
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Diego21 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:09 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:29 pm
Thery have 42 players currently out on loan.
Image
Kenedy is so good he counts twice? <scratch>

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19462
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:38 pm

Man City are under investigation for FFP breaches... again.

User avatar
Diego21
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid/Spain

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Diego21 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:49 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 pm
Diego21 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:09 pm


Kenedy is so good he counts twice? <scratch>
I don't know who is the missing player, but I have read they are 42 too
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 20436
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by ALF » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:42 am

Hopefully means they want Kenedy back and we don't sign him.

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5389
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows

Post by Colly » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Can we fool them into taking Atsu back too?

Post Reply