Kit Thread 19/20

User avatar
Diego21
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid/Spain

Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Diego21 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:59 pm

I don't know if you know Footyheadlines, but the are credibles. They work directly with the brands and the have revealed the 3 kits for next year 2019/2020

Image


Image

Image
Last edited by Diego21 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

User avatar
Diego21
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid/Spain

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Diego21 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Third picture looks like a GK shirt, but is third kit.
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1368
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:59 pm

Away is strangely nice
<ayo>

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7524
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Toondes » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Not enough stripage in the home kit.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10386
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 pm

All decent enough.

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5297
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Colly » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:20 pm

What's the weird shape on the away? Looks like feathers, but with an occasional weird arrow on it. Horrid.

The other two are okay but I'm not a massive fan of any of them.

User avatar
Diego21
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid/Spain

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Diego21 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:20 pm
What's the weird shape on the away? Looks like feathers, but with an occasional weird arrow on it. Horrid.

The other two are okay but I'm not a massive fan of any of them.
"The Newcastle United 2019-2020 away jersey is orange with a totally crazy all-over graphic print that could be been lifted straight from a 1990s shirt. In fact, as some have pointed out, it's inspired by the roof of St. James Park. As seen with the Dortmund cup and Gladbach away kits, stadium inspirations are a recurring theme in Puma's 19-20 designs."

Could be? Any of you see the roof??

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/02/ ... y-kit.html
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5297
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Colly » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Yep, that does look like it. Still horrible...

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9239
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Diego21 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:12 pm
Colly wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:20 pm
What's the weird shape on the away? Looks like feathers, but with an occasional weird arrow on it. Horrid.

The other two are okay but I'm not a massive fan of any of them.
"The Newcastle United 2019-2020 away jersey is orange with a totally crazy all-over graphic print that could be been lifted straight from a 1990s shirt. In fact, as some have pointed out, it's inspired by the roof of St. James Park. As seen with the Dortmund cup and Gladbach away kits, stadium inspirations are a recurring theme in Puma's 19-20 designs."

Could be? Any of you see the roof??

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/02/ ... y-kit.html
It's a unique idea, but don't think I like its execution.

Overall I like the colours, but not a big fan of the patterns. As for the home, it's the same striping pattern as 2011-12, which I'm okay with personally, but I get why others might see it as deviating too far from the traditional.

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5297
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Colly » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:05 am

2011-12 is the one with white sleeves right? I think having those sets it off a bit better than this one, which reminds me more of the 'more black than white' relegation/Michael Owen shirt that's in my wardrobe but rarely comes out these days...

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 26434
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:09 am

That dude that turns up just to post kit threads will be gutted that he’s been beaten to it <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1368
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:05 am
2011-12 is the one with white sleeves right? I think having those sets it off a bit better than this one, which reminds me more of the 'more black than white' relegation/Michael Owen shirt that's in my wardrobe but rarely comes out these days...
Yeah quite similar to both of those alright.
<ayo>

User avatar
Scalabrine
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:14 pm
Location: Spain.

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Scalabrine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Diego21 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:12 pm
"The Newcastle United 2019-2020 away jersey is orange with a totally crazy all-over graphic print that could be been lifted straight from a 1990s shirt. In fact, as some have pointed out, it's inspired by the roof of St. James Park. As seen with the Dortmund cup and Gladbach away kits, stadium inspirations are a recurring theme in Puma's 19-20 designs."

Could be? Any of you see the roof??

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/02/ ... y-kit.html
Yeah, I see the roof.

Image
Image

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19373
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:52 am

When did we put missiles on the roof?

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5297
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Colly » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:03 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:52 am
When did we put missiles on the roof?
They're for warding off potential buyers in helicopters.

User avatar
Chappy
10 Champs Bronze
10 Champs Bronze
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by Chappy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:05 am

Toondes wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm
Not enough stripage in the home kit.
That's my only problem with it, apart from that it's smart.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1368
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:16 am

Is 19/20 our last season with Puma?
<ayo>

User avatar
TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3031
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by TBC » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:32 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:16 am
Is 19/20 our last season with Puma?
Our current deal will be up but Ashley’s very pally with Puma so I’d expect a renewal.

Any hopes of Adidas will be a waste of time as they announced they wouldn’t look for a new deal back in 09/10 because of the negative publicity around Ashley’s ownership, and he’s still here.
Image

User avatar
TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3031
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by TBC » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:33 am

I like that home kit, as Colly said it does look similar to the 11/12 one which is probably my favourite of the Puma era. Hope we ditch the white socks though.
Image

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1368
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Kit Thread 19/20

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:49 am

TBC wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:32 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:16 am
Is 19/20 our last season with Puma?
Our current deal will be up but Ashley’s very pally with Puma so I’d expect a renewal.

Any hopes of Adidas will be a waste of time as they announced they wouldn’t look for a new deal back in 09/10 because of the negative publicity around Ashley’s ownership, and he’s still here.
Lonsdale it is so
<ayo>

Post Reply