Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Plans for Next Season

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 am

UlversToon wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:16 am
Scott Kirkland wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:23 pm
Ashley's plan for next season.
Over the summer announce sombody is looking to buy club.
Raise fans hopes
String Rafa Along
LIE, LIE, LIE,
Forget to sign players.
Save Money.
Weren't those the plans for last season as well?
If it ain't broke; don't fix it.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Scott Kirkland wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:23 pm
Ashley's plan for next season.
Over the summer announce sombody is looking to buy club.
Raise fans hopes
String Rafa Along
LIE, LIE, LIE,
Forget to sign players.
Save Money.
Or, you know, somehow magically sell the club and make money. He likes making money. I truly believe he wants to sell the club, so he can free up a few hundred million to invest in other failing high street retailers.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:03 am

Mohamed Diame says he could leave Newcastle this summer as he continues to wait for the club to trigger a one-year contract extension.

I'm trying to enjoy the games as much as I can, because it could be the last one. I'm just trying to enjoy - that's it. Then we'll see what will happen," Diame said.

"I've always said I'm happy here playing for this club and these fans. But this is football, and you have to deal with it.
"If I stay, I will be happy, and if I don't stay, I will be happy somewhere else. That's it.

"The situation is still the same: I need two more starts to get one extra year."

Sounds like he's off to me. He's not going to start the last two games unless something crazy happens like our CM's get injured / ill or Rafa wants to genuinely start him. He's 31 and getting on a bit too now, I mean I wouldn't mind we kept him on for another season as a back-up but I can see him being offered good money to be a starter in a lesser league like Turkey / Russia or somewhere like China / the Middle East. I'll be more worried about losing Hayden now to be honest as he's been consistently solid since coming in and he's still young with bags of potential so if we lose both of them we'll need two new defensive mids someone to start alongside Longstaff and someone younger to mould into for the future as Shevely and Ki aren't natural DM's there more box-to-box / attacking plus we don't know yet if Jonjo will end up staying and Ki's entering his 30's with one more year left in his contract. Everyone says the wing-back position has to be sorted out as a priority but midfield is a key element to our game too, the only certain player I see staying is Longstaff right now but we don't know who's his starting partner will be next season unless we start playing Schar more in the defensive mid role <scratch>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:54 am

Both Diame and Hayden will both go.

Diame due to his age we ain't going to give a 32 year another year under Ashley

As for Hayden he has being the ultimate professional I think it's time the club were too in letting him go as soon as we get a replacement in for him.

The emergence of Longstaff during the season meant we can afford to let one go imo as if we continue with the 5-2-3 formation we only need two centre mids

Longstaff- Shelvey- Ki- Replacement CM

In an ideal World we replace both Diame and Hayden of course but I think this summer they will both go for the reasoning above.
I'll Hazard a guess

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:09 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:54 am

As for Hayden he has being the ultimate professional I think it's time the club were too in letting him go as soon as we get a replacement in for him.

The emergence of Longstaff during the season meant we can afford to let one go imo as if we continue with the 5-2-3 formation we only need two centre mids

In an ideal World we replace both Diame and Hayden of course but I think this summer they will both go for the reasoning above.
I agree. Only thing is if we play Longstaff - Shelvey / KI or Shelvey - KI we might end up being a bit too open in that midfield area without a solid base/defensive ball winner/destroyer type in there to give us a balance which Diame / Hayden currently do. So we'll definitely need a specialized defensive midfield as we'll be overrun in the midfield area without someone to do the so called ''dirty-work'' and Longstaff can sort of do that but he seems more like a box-to-box to me who's more forward thinking.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:09 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:09 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:54 am

I agree. Only thing is if we play Longstaff - Shelvey / KI or Shelvey - KI we might end up being a bit too open in that midfield area without a solid base/defensive ball winner/destroyer type in there to give us a balance which Diame / Hayden currently do. So we'll definitely need a specialized defensive midfield as we'll be overrun in the midfield area without someone to do the so called ''dirty-work'' and Longstaff can sort of do that but he seems more like a box-to-box to me who's more forward thinking.
I agree. What we'd need to replace them is a proper CDM, not completely dissimilar from Tiote (RIP). I'm a little surprised we have really targeted a player like him since, or at least, haven't landed one.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:59 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:09 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:09 am

I agree. What we'd need to replace them is a proper CDM, not completely dissimilar from Tiote (RIP). I'm a little surprised we have really targeted a player like him since, or at least, haven't landed one.
Yeah, definitely agree. Prime Tiote between 2010 - 2013 period were we ended 5th and played in the Europa League was one of the best DM's in the Prem. His tackling, aggression, interceptions, strength and his ability to win the ball back was tremendous. His partnership with Cabaye was sensational too, complimented each other beautifully. Since Tiote and Cabaye in there prime we haven't had a quality midfield partnership like that.. the glory days of 2011-2012 battling it out for Champions League football. <awe>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 01, 2019 6:07 am

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:59 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:09 pm

Yeah, definitely agree. Prime Tiote between 2010 - 2013 period were we ended 5th and played in the Europa League was one of the best DM's in the Prem. His tackling, aggression, interceptions, strength and his ability to win the ball back was tremendous. His partnership with Cabaye was sensational too, complimented each other beautifully. Since Tiote and Cabaye in there prime we haven't had a quality midfield partnership like that.. the glory days of 2011-2012 battling it out for Champions League football. <awe>
I reminisce more about the early 2000s under Sir Bobby where we were in / challenging for the CL spots for several seasons with the likes of Speed, Robert, Solano, Shearer, Bellamy <awe>

I enjoyed the season we finished 5th under Pardew and we had a very good team with some excellent players, but it was very much a one off sadly. I only remember Tiote having one amazing season then he seemed to go down hill a fair bit (but I could be remembering it wrong).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed May 01, 2019 12:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:07 am
Sanchino wrote:

I reminisce more about the early 2000s under Sir Bobby where we were in / challenging for the CL spots for several seasons with the likes of Speed, Robert, Solano, Shearer, Bellamy <awe>

I enjoyed the season we finished 5th under Pardew and we had a very good team with some excellent players, but it was very much a one off sadly. I only remember Tiote having one amazing season then he seemed to go down hill a fair bit (but I could be remembering it wrong).
Yes Tiote got a bit overconfident and just kept turning into trouble. <neg> Still quality though compared to most of what's followed.
I had the first custom w***

Scott Kirkland
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Scott Kirkland » Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 pm

originallad wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:51 pm
Saw a few articles yesterday about Jurgen Klinsmann being touted as a possible replacement for Rafa if he leaves.
Being German he must know a few KUNTZ Already.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Thu May 02, 2019 12:16 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sanchino wrote:

So many memories and exciting attacking football. 4-3 wins against Manchester United and Leeds <awe>

Champions League Football against Feynord, Inter Milan, Juve and Barca <awe> <awe> <awe>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu May 02, 2019 6:14 am

That home game against Barca where Titus played a horrific backpass that Kluivert tapped in before sort of shrugging apologetically to the home crowd.

<awe>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Speedo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:49 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Yes Tiote got a bit overconfident and just kept turning into trouble. <neg> Still quality though compared to most of what's followed.
Yeah, his passing and patience on the ball definitely came and went, but I haven't watched a more disruptive defender in black and white in ages. You knew that when he was (healthy and) patrolling the midfield teams wouldn't be assured they could play how they wanted against us.